Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 233981 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #675 on: February 19, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »
If you drew all three of those paintings, I think that's some of your best art I've seen yet.

I'm not familiar with the source material of the stage, but it looks a little barren to me. Is this the finished product or are you still working on it?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2011, 11:43:13 PM »
Yeah I suppose it does. I should make the black close in more, there's a lot of floor and wall beyond the death zones and there's a lot more floor in the foreground than there needs to be.

There is one other problem and I am stumped on how to fix it. The characters' shadows. They do the same thing they do in Battlefield, pointing southeast, rotating around, then stopping directly under the character when they'd normally disappear (when the stage turns to night). I couldn't find anything, anywhere at all in the file to change this. There is a pack of smaller files in it that deals with stage lighting, the color of "fog" that the objects in the stage gain when the camera zooms out, and other stuff, but I pulled that from one of Lylat Cruise's scenes and replacing it with Mushroomy Kingdom's didn't help. I tried changing everything else I could see and nothing changed the shadows' behavior, so I gave up.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #677 on: February 22, 2011, 05:09:33 AM »

It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #678 on: February 22, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »
:3
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #679 on: February 22, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
I wholeheartedly second TK's colonthree.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #680 on: February 23, 2011, 12:23:40 AM »
I never posted THIS?

That is SO DUMB, this is one of my favorite drawings of mine ever! And it's really old, I guess I left longer ago than I thought.

It's supposed to be Belari from Zelda: The Minish Cap. He gives Link his first bombs, then after a certain Kinstone fusion you can trigger him to invent bombs that you detonate by remote control. Except, he just had the same sprite as all the other unimportant Forest Minish in the game. I made up pretty much everything about his appearance for this.

I really wish the Minish would show up in another game, they're awesome. They invent remote controlled bombs. No Hylian or Goron in the entire series has had the drive, dedication, or ingenuity to do that. Possibly not even the brains. This guy did, on a whim, and he's an inch and a half tall.

Suck on THAT, Barnes.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #681 on: February 23, 2011, 07:23:31 AM »
I suppose the only semi-plausible answer to that would be that the Hylians eventually invented Super Bombs, but...

Let's face it.  Remote control.  Maybe I should play The Minish Cap.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #682 on: February 23, 2011, 12:24:07 PM »
Yes; you should. Great picture by the way, BP!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #683 on: February 23, 2011, 09:25:26 PM »
BP, why do you call it EarthBound 2? Just to keep the flame alive?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #684 on: February 23, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »
Combination of wishful thinking that Nintendo would make M3 happen outside of Japan, and expression of appreciation for the fan translation; it's not JUST MOTHER 3 anymore, it's professional enough to take the supposed name it would have if it were official.

I guess.

Also the title "MOTHER" works for the first game and third game, but I think the title "EarthBound" works for all three. In EarthBound Zero and EarthBound, the title refers to the Starmen, bound for Earth. To take over it, and whatever. In EB2 it can refer to the dragon under the Nowhere Islands, bound to Earth by the magypsies' needles. So I'm prefectly comfortable calling it the EarthBound series.

Now I guess I'll just post a drawing or two from time to time... the good ones... or something

It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #685 on: February 23, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »
The Shakespeare drawing is funny because it's true.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #686 on: February 24, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #687 on: February 25, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
I love your Gadd. He looks so eccentric. XD XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #688 on: February 25, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »

It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #689 on: February 25, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »
Dittos can't be mothers, BP.

seriously dont you play pokemon at all?  gosh