Print

Author Topic: Welcome to the new Fungi Forums  (Read 170350 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:09:43 PM »
The FF is back! We have worked hard to capture the look and feel of the original ASPforum, without all the broken features.

We may still be tweaking a few things here or there, so feel free to post comments or suggestions in this thread.

(Note that the "Help" section is a little off but it should get you on the right track.)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 08:15:17 PM »
I approve. I still think that it may take a bit of getting used to though.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 08:16:37 PM »
YES! Reply with quote will make most member's lives more fulfilled.

...not mine, though. ::)
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 08:25:14 PM »
Symbols:
= Regular topic
= Poll topic
= Sticky topic
= Sticky poll topic
= New posts in regular topic
= New in poll topic
= New in sticky topic
= New in sticky poll
= Locked topic
= Locked poll
= Locked sticky
= Locked sticky poll

You may have noticed different "Users Online" have different colors for their names.
Blue = normal member
Red = Moderator ("Super")
Orange = Global Mod ("Fiery")
Yellow = Administrator ("Invincible")

I think that's it.
Edit: Aww, heck, I'll just list them all.
Edit: More stuff to add.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 08:46:20 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 08:28:14 PM »
Wow, I must say, this is a great improvement. Excellent job!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 08:31:40 PM »
:D

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 08:35:52 PM »
Very nice. I like them. I'll stay.

Yay for 2-3 word sentences!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 08:41:59 PM »
Hmm, I am having trouble with a few new functions...
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 08:43:42 PM »
Okay guys, we haven't totally finished tweaking the theme, but we wanted to get the board back up for people to use.
  • As for avatars, you can see them if you switch your theme.  You will not be able to see them using the default Fungi Forums theme, except on member profile pages.  They will be added to the default theme at a later date, but will be turned off by default.
  • Unfortunately, this board doesn't have an equivalent Active Today feature.  However, you can see all posts that are new to you by logging in and clicking Show unread posts since last visit.  An Active Today page will be added at a later date.
  • The old forums didn't keep track of registration dates, thus all old members will see Dec 31, 1969 or Jan 1, 1970 as their join date.  This will eventually be replaced with your first post date.
  • There are a few oddities with quote marks.  I may or may not bother to fix them.
  • Since the old forums added one everytime you edited a post, post counts are inflated.  If you see your postcount shrink, it means we recalculated the correct post total... none of your posts have been deleted.
  • Signatures are no longer a part of the message and will change on all of your posts whenever you change it.  Since the old forums added signatures to the actual message, you may see two signatures in older posts.
  • I reset settings where it would e-mail you if new posts were added to a thread since it didn't work right on the old server.  You can now set this for any thread by clicking on the Notify button.
  • Obviously, view counts will only start from the new board since the old one didn't keep track of that
  • New members will only be able to reply to topics.  With proper conduct, they will eventually earn the ability to post their own topics.
  • New threads in Latest News can only be posted by mods and admins, though news posts by other members might be moved from other forums if worthy.
As you can see (and many things you can't see), this board has tons of new features, and we may not have been able to test them all.  If you run into a problem, please post any troubles in this thread.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 01:45:34 PM by MEGAߥTE »

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
Awesome. This is....huge! Great upgrade.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 09:05:33 PM »
Nice. Rebecca the Hotness approves. Now that we got quotes, avatars and easily trackable posts, how about custom titles? *nudge nudge*
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 09:21:43 PM »
There go all my board powers.....Makes me wonder if I shoulda tried to become a real mod.

So, how many of the options can you change on this board? The file attachment size restriction bothers me; I can't think of much non-imagewise that takes less than 128K.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 09:26:01 PM »
Coool  ;D

What are the titles under users' names, e.g. "fiery" and "invincible" ?  How do I get one?

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 09:41:20 PM »
They're called custom titles, and I want one too. What're the requirements to get them?
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 10:00:35 PM »
Being a mod or admin.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print