Author Topic: 2010  (Read 5836 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: January 01, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »
See Question.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:32:31 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:35:12 PM »
I use both interchangeably, but I seem to use "Twenty-Ten" more.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 04:52:27 PM »
Sadly, I've accustomed myself to the five-syllable pronunciation.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 08:13:52 PM »
I'm kind of with Tk at this point. Honestly, you'll have to get back to me in 2011--I don't think I ever have much cause to mention a year in conversation unless it's in the present or past.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Deezer

• Invincible

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »
I say two thousand ten because I'm not a ******bag who likes to be contrary for the hell of it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 10:55:39 PM »
I used two thousand x throughout the last decade. Now twenty x has taken over because that's how people were referring to dates occurring now and in the future before we got to them.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 11:58:02 PM »
I'm going to make fun of all the people that wait until 2020 to switch because it sounds cool instead of doing it now. I also kinda want to live to see 2110 to see if there's still people saying "two thousand one hundred and ten". Thirdly, I'm pretty sure my kids will call last year "twenty oh nine" and we'll sound like old people saying "nineteen hundred and aught five" instead of "ninteen oh five" to them, though my mom is convinced they'll come up with something completely different. Fourthly, Bill O'Reilly calls it "two-ten", incidentally. Fifthly, does anyone else find themselves saying "oh-ten" for the abbreviated form, as in Class of '10, like '09, etc.? I'm doing it semi-intentionally at this point, since I feel like it's going to be a while before the last two digits on their own sound like years again rather than just numbers, and we've become accustomed to years starting with oh. And there still is an 0 before it, anyway.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 12:02:33 AM »
I say two thousand ten because I'm not a ******bag who likes to be contrary for the hell of it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 12:59:32 AM »
From now on, I shall refer to all years in their proper numerical tense.

"One thousand nine hundred and sixty-nine was a great year in music."

WHO'S WITH ME
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 01:36:57 AM »
How come the people pronouncing it in the format all other years in human history are pronounced are "contrary ******bags".

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »
I haven't decided yet, though I might go with twenty-ten. Maybe.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 12:38:18 PM »
Two thousand ten, without hesitation. 
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 01:02:07 PM »
I'd just like to say that I think it's weird that people are treating this like a new conundrum now all of a sudden. People have been talking about these years for a long time.
That was a joke.

Print