Print

Author Topic: Adobe CS4 MC: Troubleshooting  (Read 2091 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »
Okay, so I have the master collection and have a couple questions about After Effects.

Note: If you're gonna post to say "well lol ur first mistake is using adobe.... LOL sony vegas iz better" ...well don't... because: I don't care, I'd like to get this animation I'm creating done, and I can't find much help with it.

Okay, so after having my first animation corrupt and doing yet another one in Flash, I finally (after hours of frustration) got a .swf file successfully imported into After Effects.

Problem: The audio will not play when I preview my project (RAM previewing, scrubbing, anything) as if the animation has no sound. I've checked over all the settings there are (to my knowledge) and everything is good to go with audio. (The timeline, however, does not give me a check box to mute/unmute the audio for the file. Since this .swf is the first file I've ever imported to AE so far, I have no idea if that matters or not.)  The .swf file plays the audio just fine when I don't open it in After Effects. Also, if it narrows anything down, I used .asnd and .wav files in the animation.

Is there anything I can try or anything that I'm missing here?
Formerly quite reasonable.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure After Effects just doesn't do audio.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:12:14 PM »
I don't think you can edit audio in After Effects. You can, however, preview it, etc. etc. etc.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:37:52 PM »
Are you sure? I thought I remembered it not working at all. I'd check, but my computer's slow today.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:46:26 PM »
I'm extremely sure since the Adobe site explains it and there are some video tutorials explaining all of that on youtube (which aren't helpful, of course).

Print