Print

Author Topic: General Animation Topic  (Read 28641 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 10:59:11 PM »
In regards to animation, and strictly speaking of animated shows I enjoyed as a child, aside from the X-Men theme that has already been posted I always enjoyed the animation of the Mega Man theme song.

Though that's not really indicative of animation of the of the rest of the show.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 07:18:15 AM »
Anybody ever watch Talespin or Gargoyles?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 07:21:28 AM »
Yeah, I didn't see much of Talespin, but it seemed at least okay. 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »
Very, very weird concept. It was the animals from The Jungle Book, but they were all, like, seaside pilots, or something.

Hey, how about The Mighty Ducks?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »
TaleSpin was awesome, guys. Baloo as a pilot for hire and Shere Khan as an evil scheming business tycoon? That show was awesome.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2010, 12:48:58 PM »
Gummi Bears was pretty cool too.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »
TaleSpin and Gargoyles come from a time when Disney cartoons were, like, the coolest thing ever.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
Heck, they come from a time when Disney made actual cartoons.

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2010, 03:30:11 PM »
yeah now its Hannah Montana and all that crap!
Guess who's back!!!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2010, 07:01:31 PM »
If that guitar represents everything I hold dear, and Hannah Montana collectively represents manufactured teen pop stars, then what an accurate picture that is.

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 07:04:56 PM »
shes really satan in disguise, it even says so on her fan site:
http://www.hannahmontanazone.com/
(wont happen again, moderators!)
Guess who's back!!!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »
This TMNT cartoon intro is both cool animation and it may also satisfy others' desires of cartoons they watched as children. If someone can find a higher quality than that it would be fantastic.

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
From kindergarten to first grade, my weekday mornings would begin by watching the first twenty minutes of Scooby-Doo. It was pretty tight, although never getting to see the culprit unmasked was a drawback.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 12:43:00 AM »
Shows I like:

-Rocko's Modern Life - My favorite of all time. Show was aimed at teens, memorable and believable characters, the plots were hilarious, and the sound effects were absolutely genius.

-Beavis and Butthead - Needs no explanation. Mike Judge is the best.

-King of the Hill - My other all-time favorite. It's based in central Texas where I live, of course. There's too much to explain about this gem. Too bad it got replaced by yet another Family Guy spin-off. We'll probably see The Quagmire Show, or more realistically, The Stewie & Brian show, since they get paired together on adventures quite often and have some off-beat chemistry. Family Guy (and American Dad, pretty much) is a funny show, but come the hell on. Three of them? Seriously? Is Fox gonna eat up everything Macfarlane [dukar]s out? Don't let a spin-off knock the second-longest running animated series ever out of its time slot and be demoted to occasional re-runs. NO, screw that!

-Dexter's Lab - Another great Cartoon Network show

-(Old) Spongebob - Still fresh off Rocko (voice actors and Hillenburg [creator] play large parts in Rocko) the show had tons of wit and a hilarious crapload of original ideas. Around the 4th season (and definitely by the 5th season), Spongebob as a whole fell victim to Flanderization. Spongebob was made into a high-pitched sounding little girl, Patrick's witty stupidity turned into to just being 100% pure stupidity and behaving like a little kid, and Sandy, the most egregious example that strikes home the most... because they turned her into a flaming redneck who constantly speaks long-winded similes that a Texan would never say. She used to have a light Southern accent and was just a sweet character. Now, she says crap like, "That's crazier than a hogtied snake in a barrel eatin' flapjacks in Texas while havin' a BBQ while there's a snake in my boots and someone's poisoning the waterhole" (if you catch my referential drift there). Poor Spongebob... you had a good run; now you appeal to 8 year olds and 8 year olds only.

-Hey Arnold - This was a great, great show. Extremely down-to-Earth characters, the time setting and way the backgrounds were colored in the city was very unique. I wish they could've made the second Hey Arnold! movie that had Arnold find his parents, Helga and him fall in love, and have his last name revealed (although I already know his last name. I'm serious!)

Too much explanation. Generic list starts now:

-Ed, Edd, & Eddy - Sound effects were genius there, as well.
-Catdog
-Angry beavers
-Doug
-Ren and Stimpy
-Original Scooby-Doo
-KaBlam! featuring June & Henry, Sniz & Fondue, Action League NOW!, The Off-Beats, Life with Loopy, and Prometheus & Bob.
-Kenan & Kel
-All That
-Double Dare (and DD2000)
-Figure it Out
-Are you Afraid of the Dark?
-Pete & Pete - Did you know that
-Legends of the Hidden Temple
-The Secret World of Alex Mach
-Rugrats
-And many more...

Also, you can't forget the old Adult Swim bumpers (from 2001), the old Nickelodeon Magazine commercial, and Stick Stickly!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he voices Cow and Chicken themselves.

Don't forget that Charles Adler voiced Boneless Chicken/I. R. Baboon, the parrot from Donkey Kong Country, Mr. Bighead/Mrs. Bighead/Mr. Dupette/Mr. Wolfe/Grandpa (Hiram William) Wolfe/the Hippo Lady/the Fatheads, I think some characters in MadWorld, some in TaleSpin, and countless others.

I can think of some shows I don't like because of animation; Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Chowder, and Back at the Barnyard come readily to mind.

Ed, Edd, & Eddy's animation is quite hilarious. I like the 3 frame wiggle when it suits the show at hand. Ed, Edd, & Eddy is an example of Doing It Right; Home Movies (while I like it) is an example of Doing It Wrong.

Lastly, it seems that cartoons these days have no "middle ground," so to speak. They're either 100% crude slapstick aimed at adults (Family Guy), or 100% made for kids (all these [darn] 3D cartoons on Nick now).
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print