Print

Author Topic: General Animation Topic  (Read 28638 times)

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2010, 12:47:32 AM »
This TMNT cartoon intro is both cool animation and it may also satisfy others' desires of cartoons they watched as children. If someone can find a higher quality than that it would be fantastic.
The coolest part of the TMNT theme is the very instant it starts, that giant KKKKKKEEEW sound. All songs should start like that.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2010, 07:50:09 AM »
Why in the heck did I forget about Rocko?  Probably because I didn't watch it as much as Cartoon Network cartoons when it was airing.

That reminds me, whatever happened to that lovely programming block on CN known as Cartoon Cartoon Fridays?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2010, 12:05:46 PM »
That reminds me, whatever happened to that lovely programming block on CN known as Cartoon Cartoon Fridays?
Same place as the old Saturday Morning bumpers and Nickelodeon bumpers: either lost to the sands of time, or up on YouTube.

I watched Cartoon Cartoon a few times. I mainly watched it for Courage the Dog, because I saw Courage's debut in "Chicken From Outer Space" which was on an episode of... it was probably the "What a Cartoon" show on CN since they were the ones to put Courage on their network, not Nickelodeon (who had the similar "Oh Yeah! Cartoons" show, which led to the creation of the Fairly Oddparents and Chalkzone). I thought it was so cool that I was able to see the pilot for a show and then later see it become its own series. Looks like "What a Cartoon" was also the birth of Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, and Powerpuff Girls. Shows that we take for granted on CN now. Wow... imagine a world without Dexter..

Apparently Frederator Studios came up with Oh Yeah! Cartoons, What a Cartoon, and Random! Cartoons.

*checks up on "Adventure Time"* March 10, it's gonna be its own series. Keep an eye out.

When I was a kid there was some Saturday Morning block on some network that would show Super Mario World (or some other Super Mario cartoon), Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and other stuff like maybe the Mega Man cartoon. All I remember is that it opened with various kids stopping whatever they were doing (one was taking a bath, another was maybe reading a book), then scrambling over to the couch. Wish I knew what that thing was called so I could look it up.

I also wish the Nickelodeon website kept its old design where the whole front page was like a cartoon. I think everything made a sound, and clicking the Nick logo would make it change into different shapes. But I guess along with the Nickelodeon fun-house building, those days are over.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:14:02 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
Spongebob converted all of the nickelodeon staff to satanism, then he turned it into his own dictatorship... I mean, metaphorically speaking, al least...
Guess who's back!!!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »
Better to reign in Bikini Bottom than serve in Snick
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »
I can't wait to see Archer this thursday.  Something tells me its gonna be way better than Frisky Dingo.

I was at Best Buy and I almost bought the Adult Swim In A Box set, but was like 5 bucks short.  Seems like a great investment though, I'll have to pick it up some other time.
I only watch [adult swim]

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »
-Pete & Pete - Did you know that

I seem to have forgotten to add the little fun fact there. I dunno how I skipped over that (tired, I guess).

Anyway, what that was supposed to ask was, "Did you know that the guy who played Artie in The Adventures of Pete & Pete provided the voice for Cotton Hill in King of the Hill?"

Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2010, 06:22:10 PM »
I didn't know there were Klingons in King of the Hill.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2010, 06:42:55 PM »
That was a joke.

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »
I didn't know there were Klingons in King of the Hill.

I liked the old Nick Jr. show "Rupert" too. The episode I remember the most, and probably the one that Rupert fans remember the most since most of the intro is scenes from that one episode, is the one where Rupert and Bill put growth potion on a topiary hedgehog and it comes to life, causing havoc in the neighborhood.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:08:31 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2010, 08:06:17 AM »
Rupert, that's what it was called! Yes, cool show--a fantasy version of Arthur, if I recall.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »
Ah yes, I remember rupert.
I only watch [adult swim]

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2010, 06:14:38 PM »
I remember Rupert... remember it creeping me out, that is.  I'm not certain why.

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2010, 06:18:25 PM »
Agreed, TK. Something about the show's production made its innocent themes intolerably eerie.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »
What got me in the hedgehog topiary episode was how tame their outbursts of shock were. The hedgehog's causing destruction and barreling towards them, and the only thing the professor can muster is increasingly louder versions of "My word!" I know it's a kids show, but it didn't seem like he was fully expressing how screwed up the situation was, I'd at least expect a greater variety of sayings. Come on, they're like British or Canadian or whatever, they've got to have a lot of cute phrases to choose from. And I don't think Rupert's shock went far enough when Bill was butchering the father's topiary (I think he just thought it was a lost cause after the camel hump was ruined. But really he must have been thinking of a curse word once Bill went so far as to lop off the camel's head ("If it's a horse we're after, we won't be needing THIS!")).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:28:01 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Print