Print

Author Topic: WarioWare D.I.Y. Friend Codes and Discussion  (Read 23287 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »

This thread is for Friend Codes for WarioWare D.I.Y.  The full list of Wii Friend Codes can be found in the stickied thread.

WarioWare D.I.Y. DS Friend Codes:
Luigison: 0389 1212 6448
Lizard Dude: 4125 7461 6057
Phred: 0947-4796-1419

Wii Friend Codes (WarioWare DIY Showcase Wiiware):
Luigison: 4893 4649 9600 3720
Phred: 7879 0097 4130 3564

I'll be adding anyone from this thread and will get the DS game tonight. I already downloaded the Wiiware title.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:17:31 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »
Lizard Dude: 4125 7461 6057

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 03:34:51 PM »
LD, I added you.  Connect to WiFi when you get a chance and try my SMB level.  It has two errors now, but I can fix them easily tonight.  As always with this sort of thing I welcome criticism and am happy to help if needed. 

Edit:  Actually, it only has one minor visual error if you click a certain area soon enough, but that doesn't effect game play.  The other thing I was thinking about was a way to make the mushroom move more efficiently that would allow me one more object to add in.

Edit 2:  Fixed the error and optimized the mushroom movement, but noticed the mushroom goes behind Mario and I'm out of actions for that object.  I now have an open object slot, but I'd rather use it for another addition if I can find a way to further optimize the mushroom's movement.  I wish this was a full game development kit instead of just for micro games.  I keep getting reminded of things that were so much more open even though they weren't as easy in GBA programming. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:49:39 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:22:40 AM »
It's a nice microgame. I played it 63 + 1 times. Your version is always SMB-accurate, but it would be better gameplay if the Mushroom could randomly appear in either ? Block. I haven't made any games yet so I don't know what exactly is possible, but the preloaded games seem to do variations like that.

Interestingly, I had a bigger thrill discovering that the regular blocks were breakable than finding the coin or Piranha Plant. Sometimes it's the mundane stuff.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »
I'm semi-intrigued, but am still on the wall.
I got the Showcase though.
7879 0097 4130 3564
I wanna see what people are doing before I go out and buy DIY itself.
EDIT: Okay, I got it. I'll add everyone.
0947-4796-1419
I wonder what kind of games I'll make...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:30:46 PM by Phred »
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:00:17 PM »
I've added Phred in DIY DS. Still need to update Showcase on the Wii though.

I've been sick and haven't done much, but have plans to fill a page with SMB level based games. I put betas of SMB 1-2 and 1-4 in my cart. Feedback is welcome.

For now I'm just making proof of concept betas, but will let you guys know when I'm finished. BTW, can you send more than 2 games at a time to friends with the Wii Showcase?

I also updated 1-1, but since various versions of it have been up for a week decide to change levels in the cart. 1-2 needs the walking animation and a timer. For 1-4 I might shade the area around the coins if they are too hard to tap and I'll add a coin counter. I'd originally planned to have the coins hidden like in the real game, but that seemed to hard. What do you guys think?

Here's a run down of my plans:
1-1 survive and power up
1-2 slide under
1-3 collect coins & don't fall
1-4 find 6 coins
2-1 coin heaven
2-2 swim to pipe & avoid fish
2-3 avoid cheep cheeps
2-4 get past firebars
3-1 stomp koopa on stairs for 1-ups
3-2 kick koopa into enemies for points & 1-up
3-3 don't let the platform fall
3-4 duck & jump bowser's fire
4-1 dodge lakita's spiny drops
4-2 collect coins from mushroom platforms
4-3 don't let the platforms fall off their pulleys
4-4 find the correct path
... I think you get the picture.
8-8 defeat bowser & save princess

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 05:13:28 PM »
That sounds cool, I just made a game where you protect Peach from monsters using fireballs.
It kept evolving as I did the tutorials and lessons. It was pretty cool.
Now you can save her from 1-3 monsters.
It took a lot of work to get that 3rd one to work, because I made it needlessly complicated.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »
SMB 1-3 and 2-1 beta are now in my cart. Level 1-3 is basically ready to leave beta, but I still don't like the big honking button. Any ideas? Level 2-1 "Coin Heaven" works well, but I haven't added the official art for the platform or clouds yet.

In 2-1 it was a pain to make a special object to count part of the coins since you can only have 6 win conditions. Is there an code for "increment" or "+1"? What about using "OR" logic? Is there a way to have commands follow each other? For example, "go 16 px North then go 8px East" without having to have the objects hit an object or area.

Is there any way to access the boss stages besides the blender? I'd like to make longer games and take a look under the hood of some of the boss stages.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 06:32:17 PM »
Phred, I really like your comics. Great art.

(For the comic reading in general, I love the musical stings it puts with the fourth panel.)

I promise I will get around to making some games soon. I'm more a player than a creator. (Orbulon boss stage is a DUKAR)

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »
Oh, thanks.
I thought I'd make comics about my characters to go with the microgames I make using them.
Although that's pretty hard, I'll have to learn how to draw smaller, because using the largest size objects eats up the points a ton.
Hm, it's a good thing I waited until I unlocked 9-Volt's stages. This jumping game is so much better made than what I had in mind.
Although my idea threw goombas into the mix that you could stomp if you had good timing.
Maybe I can edit it a little...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:56:16 AM by Phred »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:33:45 PM »
Phred, I added you several days ago, but you still are questioned marked when I connect.  Have you connected since you added me? 

There are several other people I added then that still aren't showing up so it could be Nintendo's fault.  Maybe we need to time are connection or something.

I sent you one of my levels in the Wii version.  Did you get it?  Can you send me something with that version since we're not connected with the DS?

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 03:13:02 AM »
I don't have access to the Wii version right now.
And I don't see you either, I've been checking, too.
I see Lizard Dude though.
I'll try deleting and re-registering your code
I put up a new games and comics.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 02:35:32 PM by Phred »

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »
The NinSoft game that came out this week called "1-UP" is very well designed. I pooped when I realized that there were two ways to win.

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »
The NinSoft game that came out this week called "1-UP" is very well designed. I pooped when I realized that there were two ways to win.
Oh yeah... that's very clever!
I wonder how this is all working together? I see two Marios and two Mushrooms, but I'm not sure why.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:58:11 PM by Phred »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 07:43:04 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  I haven't played it yet and need to update and make a few more games.

Print