Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Crossover  (Read 5588 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« on: April 28, 2010, 06:35:36 AM »
So I found this awesome game.

You play through Super Mario Bros.  Okay.  Not much new there.  There are lots of SMB clones online.

But not like this.

You play through Super Mario Bros. with characters from other NES games.  My favorite is Samus.  Don't let the Newgrounds URL dissuade you.  This game is pretty awesome.  I think I said that already.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:09:54 AM »
This game is pretty sweet. I picked Mega Man.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »
Link ftw.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »
Forget what I said on the other thread, THIS needs to be on the Wii. The characters are cool, but I found Bill to be the most fun since you could shoot the crap out of all the blocks.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:07:57 PM »
I wonder what a lost levels version of this game would be like.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:11:32 PM »
I'm guessing that it would be like playing Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels/SMB2J with characters from other NES games. I could be wrong, though.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »
Really should have used the Zelda II Link sprite if he wanted to make Link control like that. Jumping, up-sword, and down-sword? Come on.

I expected original Link to be able to walk anywhere in the sky.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:21:11 PM »
I was expecting Link to take on his Zelda II appearance upon getting a Super Mushroom. Nonetheless, the maker deserves props for recreating the entire game rather than submitting it after making just World 1, as most Newgrounders would've done.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:05:10 PM »
Man, I always used to want to make a Mario game with Mega Man instead.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 10:10:08 PM »
Really should have used the Zelda II Link sprite if he wanted to make Link control like that. Jumping, up-sword, and down-sword? Come on.

I expected original Link to be able to walk anywhere in the sky.

According to him, he was going to do that, but then decided it made him more unique that way.
And that he hates Zelda II Link's sprites.
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 10:28:13 PM »
I found Bill to be the most fun since you could shoot the crap out of all the blocks.
I read this before playing and went in expecting a playable Bullet Bill. So I was a little disappointed at first. But then it was awesome.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
So how do I get a game controller (or similar) to work with this game? Playing with the keyboard is great and all, but being a console gamer..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »
To use a gamepad with any game, use the program JoyToKey.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 08:08:56 PM »
Edit2: Nevermind! With some help from The Chef, I got it to work. :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:35:01 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 08:19:01 PM »
Having played this pretty extensively, I managed to notice that Mario himself feels off compared to all the other characters, who are otherwise pretty much perfect (Simon of course has been buffed for obvious reasons). Mario seems to run a little too slow and skid a little too much.

The creator said there may be sequels. All I'd really want him to do is balance the characters a bit more (Bill is pretty broken), maybe add another one (Kirby? Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins?) and possibly have more than just Mario levels.

Hell, maybe the next came in the series could be based on a different game entirely. Legend of Zelda Crossover? Mega Man Crossover? Endless possibilities here...

Print