Print

Author Topic: Relationdukars  (Read 79855 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 10:51:16 PM »
My thoughts on this have changed a lot since starting college.

While I've become rather less insecure and rather more confident, I feel like a romantic relationship would be a very bad idea.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »
As usual, I'm not making any progress, but here's a mildly sad tidbit from my brother: So he asked a girl to prom and she said yes, but she won't even casually go out with him because she still wants to date around in the meantime.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 09:51:30 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 01:00:40 AM »
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 01:19:00 AM »
I don't go out enough to establish relationships, that and I'm not very good at talking to people, or speaking my mind.

And I stutter a lot.
Deal With It

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 01:30:58 PM »
For girls, none of those but the first matter. As long as you go to school and look at least sort of pretty, no further effort is needed.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
relationships
no further effort is needed
nope.exe

Sex, maybe, but relationships take effort. If there's no talking and it's just physical, it can't possibly be a relationship because there's no people involved.

Not that that's uncommon.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
Most women have boyfriends because they're good at applying makeup.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 08:41:01 PM »
So have we all given up even sorta calling Weegee out for his blatantly sexist remarks?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »
"Sexist" and "true" aren't mutually exclusive.

Also Luigison that's racist and you should be ashamed of yourself.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:52:06 PM by Weegee »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »
Most women have boyfriends because they're good at applying makeup.
Forward this to them:  http://www.forbes.com/sites/melaniehaiken/2012/03/12/dangerous-beauty-top-5-contaminated-beauty-products/

Also Luigison that's racist and you should be ashamed of yourself.
I agree, and I am.  Maybe the Asian guy that sent it to me is racist.  "Smart" and "racist" aren't mutually exclusive. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
So fret not, LilKitten, for even the dullest, blandest, most vapid, uninteresting, unremarkable girls are bound to get a boyfriend in high school.

Best of all, he'll be socially obligated to buy you nice things.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 11:22:14 PM »
"Sexist" and "true" aren't mutually exclusive.
And "sex" and "relationship" aren't mutually inclusive. There's not some inherent magical quality to sexual stimulation with another person involved that automatically brings companionship and fulfillment and relief from crushing loneliness. Don't envy the wrong people, the wrong things, the wrong solutions. If you have at least one real friend and you jerk off when you feel like it, then you're getting at least as much out of life as your mythical broad-stroked stereotypes are.

And by the way, stereotyping a large group and writing them off as all the same is always, always stupid. Nobody knows anybody well enough to know everything about them -- claiming to know everything you need to know about 3,430,068,894 and a half people (as of 04:47 UTC) (also I'm leaving out the ~50,000,000,000 dead ones) is astronomically ridiculous. Everyone is different. There are women who want sex, there are men who don't. And more importantly, there are people who are actually interested in understanding and connecting with other people. If you look hard enough and you're lucky -- and if you're one of them -- you might find some of them.

(If someone figures out what to do once you've find one, let me know. I never really got that part down.)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print