Print

Author Topic: saving dinosaur land  (Read 30218 times)

« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2004, 01:17:03 AM »
All hope seemed lost (as it always does before the good guys win). Mario, Luigi, Peach, The Koopa, all knew that they would be destroyed.
"And the best part." said the dinosaur king. "Is that my new superweapon is almost complete! You may actually live to see it in action. Why, in fact, I may grant you one final honor and destroy YOU with it! wouldn't that be something? All I need is one vital component. A parakoopa should be bringing it in a box any time now!"
Suddenly, the koopa began to snicker.
"What's so funny? You're about to die. Can't you muster a little sadness?"
The koopa began to laugh.
"What's he laughing at?" he asked Mario.
Mario shrugged.
The koopa was laughing uproariously, unable to controll himself.
"What is it?! Speak up man! I need a good laugh too!"
The Koopa spoke, "Hahahaha! The koopa who was supposed to bring that package...your gonna love this...was me! Hahhaha! And what's really funny, is that the package got lost on the way here! Hahahaha!"
The dinosaur king was furious!
"Imbecile! You shall all be destroyed in the most senselessly violent fashion I can think of!"
The koopa wasn't laughing anymore.
The hideous creature began to move toward them.
He was about to do something so ludicrously painful that I shall not write it here. But, mark my words. It woulda been BAD.
But thankfully, at that precise moment, two figures bursted into the room.
The first, and shorter of the two, was quickly recognized as Bob.
But the second one was entirely unfamiliar.
He was VERY tall, and wore a blue hat with a cape. He had on a white shirt and pants, and a yellow belt with a golden "G" on it.
His hair was reddish brown and somewhat curly. His eyes were clearly lacking an iris and just sort of looked like black dots. almost like polished plastic.
In his hands he had no weapon of any kind.
The tall man looked a t the dinosaur king, with his creepy, black button eyes.
"It's go time." he said.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2004, 10:39:24 AM »
BRAVO!! Good job my friend! Keep up the excellent work. Stop being such a hermit!! See you at school!!

So whats the big deal? Death comes with a territory! I''ll see you at Disney Land!

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2004, 11:13:05 PM »
The man in blue wasted no time, The first thing he did was to go for the monster's throat.
They two tangled on the floor, before the Dinosaur king got his tail wrapped around the man's neck. He held him (far away from himself)over the lava.
"Any last words?" asked the Dinosaur King.
"Yeah..." said the man.
He threw his feet forward, and pulled himself onto the floor.
"FINGER SHOT!" cried the man, firing tiny bullet-like things from his fingers.
Peach and Mario immediately recognized that attack.
The Dinosaur King, of course, was not expecting this. The man in blue unwrapped the King's tail from his neck, and jerked him into the lava.
The man fell down, and began panting.
"Geno!" cried peach, recognizing the man, and not questioning how he came to look like a human.
"Geno, see if you can get us out of these cages!"
Geno stood up. There were visible red marks on his neck from the Dinosaur King's tail, which had evidently done more than the others had thought.

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2004, 12:25:03 AM »
Geno pushed and pulled on the bars. Shot a few more projectiles from his fingers. The bars stayed in place.
"It's magic. Really powerful magic. The only way to open the cage is to find the keys, which I believe just melted."
Suddenly, from the lava came the long green tail, that could only belong to the Dinosaur king.
Geno pulled him out, and found that he was still very much alive.
"It's a good thing I used instant." he said, shaking himself off, consequently burning the side of Geno's face.
"It's cheaper, but sadly less potent." the dinosaur king was almost unscathed.
"Lift the spell on these cages." demanded Geno.
"Ha! The magic was infused in the bars when they were made. I couldn't lift it if I wanted to. Which I don't."
The Dinosaur King clawed at Geno, and scratched him on the very same side of the face he was just burned.
"You keep that up, and the Star Spirits aren't going to be very happy when they get this body back."
Geno continued using his finger shot attack, until the King knew when to expect it, at which point Geno began using another familiar attack.
"GENO BEAM!"
This also didn't do too terribly much to the Dinosaur King, once he figured it out.
"You're stalling!" he said. "What for!?"
"I'm waiting for some friends."
"It won't do you any good! There is only one way to defeat me!"

Mario's mind drifted to the note they had found in Yoshi's house. The one with the burnt edge. He had to wonder...

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2004, 07:58:42 PM »
Geno turned his upper body, and swung his foot at the Dinosaur King, kicking him back into Luigi's cage.

Geno jumped in surprise, partially because of the small fireballs coming from the gaping mouth of the Dinosaur King, but mostly from the fact that, when he had knocked the king into the cage, it had tipped.

Geno ducked just in time to miss a right hook. He backed up against the cage,and moved his head to dodge an oncoming punch.

Again, the cage moved.

"Tell me." said geno, "Do you think you could take three of us?"

"What are you talking about?"

Geno grabbed the bars of the cage and pulled up. Luigi realized what was happening and helped pull the cage over.
"I guess you aren't as smart as you thought!" he said. "The problem with dropping cages on people is that you can tip them over."
Soon, luigi had peach free.
"Get Mario and the Koopa free." Geno told them.
Geno fired another finger shot at the Dinosaur King, to keep him busy.

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2004, 07:27:55 PM »
"Oh no you don't you miserable little magots!"
He jumped in front of them, and grabbed hold of the rope that held the koopa.
"My claws can break this rope easily. If any one of you takes one step closer, your weak little friend will drop right into that boili-er...simmering vat of lava!"
Geno, Luigi, and Peach stopped where they stood.
Geno spoke, calmly and slowly. "I'd be careful. You never know what that little imp will do next."
The koopa was thoroughly confused.
"Why, that little bugger might even..."
He stopped.
"...even pull himself into his shell." he winked at the koopa.
"What?" said the Dinosaur King.
"What?" said the koopa.
"How would that even phase me?" asked the intrigued King.
"Well, y'know. He might just CURL RIGHT UP IN THERE!" He said, obviously trying to get a message across.
"I don't get it!" said the Koopa.
Geno was aggrivated. "Pull yourself inside your shell!!" he cried.
The Dinosaur King suddenly cut the rope and the Koopa (now tucked inside his shell) fell straight into the vat of only semi-boiling instant-lava.
"You monster!" cried Mario breaking his own chains with the fireflower and racing to the Dinosaur King with renewed vigor.
Now, it is only fair to say that Mario thrashed the Dinosaur King without mercy, and would most certainly have killed anyone else in the world stupid enough to be standing there.
But the Dinosaur King wasn't just anyone. He would just bounce back up and take another hit. Mario tired out long before the Dinosaur king showed any signs of being injured.
The two stared at each other. Mario was obviously not going to survive at this rate.
Mario tried one last time to attack but was stopped in mid-step.
"Geno?"
"Mario, You can't win this fight. Someone here has a weapon that can destroy him."
"Who!?" cried Mario, frantically looking to Peach and Luigi, who just shrugged.
"Geno pointed to the vat. Floating on the top, was the charred, black, shell of the Koopa.
Geno picked it up, and set it on the ground.
"You can come out now."
The koopa stuck his head out of the shell. The rest of his body followed.
"I don't understand-"
"Neither do I!" said the Dinosaur King, who had felt very ignored for a moment.
Geno shot him a dirty look.
"Allow me to explain then. You see, the Koopa has in his possession, the one hundred and twenty-first Power Star. The Power stars, as I'm sure you are aware, are enourmous sources of power and energy, they can be used to run entire kingdoms. And they can also be a source of power for individual people." he stopped and looked at the Dinosaur King.
"You, for example, have used them to make yourself nearly invincible.
But you overlooked many things in your plan.
No one is truly invincible. There is always a way to defeat someone no matter how powerful they are.
You counted on the strength of one hundred and twenty Power Stars to protect you.
Even the Star Spirits of Star Haven were doubful of the existance of a one hundred and twenty-first. But now I see that the legend was true after all."

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2004, 09:56:24 PM »
Bump.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2004, 10:19:40 PM »
I actually read the most recent part of your story when you posted it, but I didn't say anything.  I should've, though.

If at first you don''t succeed, try until you run out of syrup.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2004, 05:22:56 PM »
I wasn't really bumping to get it up at the top. I was just trying to move some of Sadib's topics down on the list.

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2004, 05:30:32 PM »
Good plan.

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2004, 05:40:26 PM »
"The power stars were broken into 120 pieces because the unifying star was removed. When our Koopa friend brought the excess power from the shadow stars together, the unifying star was formed once more.
Koopa, you can use that power star to take the other One hundred and twenty from him!"
The Koopa looked dumbfounded. He had no idea that the shiny golden star he held had such importance.
"Not If I take the unifying star from HIM!" cried the dinosaur king lounging forward, and knocking Mario out of his way.
"Ahh!" cried the koopa, runng away.
"Take the stars! Now!"
Thee koopa lifted his star, into the air.
The Dinosaur King was about to make another attack. Suddenly he felt weak.
His stars! They were leaving him!
The Power stars congregated around the koopa as the shadow stars had done. The Dinosaur King was frantically trying to hold on to one of them.
Finally, the stars had become one very large Star, floating in front of him.
The Dinosaur King fell down on the floor, unadjusted to his normal vulnerable state.
He looked (up) at the Koopa.
"W-what are you going to do to me?"
The Koopa looked down into the dethroned King's eyes, and with a frightful vengance said:
"I dunno."
Mario slapped his face.
He, Luigi, and Geno, stepped forward and picked him up. Geno nodded to Bob, who had been silently watching.
Bob reached into a satchel at his side and pulled out a paintbrush.
"No! You can't!" cried the former tyrant.
Bob began to paint a mural of the most frightful, terrifyingly evil place ever captured in paint.
The Koopa knew what to do. With a wave of his hand, the picture rippled and became suddenly realistic, making it all the more frightening.
The three friends, lifting the man in the air, hurled him into the painting.
With another wave, the painting returned to it's unrealistic form.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2004, 05:45:46 PM »
Oooooh, howzitend! howzitend!

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2004, 10:04:36 PM »
The Koopa, Mario, Luigi, and Geno were quite pleased with themselves, as was Bob.
The koopa held the single Star in his hand awkwardly, not entirely sure what to do with it.
He walked over to Peach. "This thing belongs in your kingdom, right?" he asked. "here."
"Thank you." she said. She leaned down and kissed his nose, causing him to turn red.
"awwe shucks."
Geno looked himself over. His body seemed to be more or less intact.
"I guess I'd better be going." he said. "The star spirits don't actually know I'm here, and if I don't return this body soon, they'll get suspicious."
Mario and Luigi said goodbye to their friend as he walked off.
"Well, what are we standing around here for?"
"Let's get on with our vacation!"

One month later.
Mario looked through his mail.
"Huh? Hey! Luigi!"
"What?" said Luigi, who was hanging his recently washed clothes out to dry.
"We got a letter from the Koopa!"
"Read it out loud."

« Reply #118 on: February 29, 2004, 07:22:16 PM »
Dear Mario Brothers,
Thanks for all the help you gave me. The last month has been really busy.
A lot's happened so I should give you a recap.
After the Dinosaur king was sealed in that painting, Geno and Bob Freed the Yoshis from their eggs. They just needed some of that instant lava to open the shells.
I learned from the Yoshis that Vanillium is actually really valuable, so I decided to make a business out of it!
We now ship to Sarasaland and Beanbean. The Axem rangers decided to cash in on it, and now they work in the Vanilla Dome mine. Captain Syrup sailed off somewhere. She said she woulda stayed if I didn't creep her out. She also mentioned something about reeking her revenge on you. I was too busy drooling to notice.
Bob went to Kappa mountain (where he lives, by the way) and threatened that if my business ever bothered him, he'd come into my office with a fireflower and burn it to the ground. What a grouch.
Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well. give my regards to the Princess.

-The Koopa

P.S. If you guys see Geno again, pass my thanks on to him.

THE END

Thanks to everyone who gave any feedback. I'm glad to finally finish this story and start another equally long and annoying one.
Beware!

Edited by - screech on 2/29/2004 5:25:55 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #119 on: February 29, 2004, 09:38:40 PM »
YAY!  You are so lucky, Screech.  You've been able to do what i've never done:  finish a story.  I give you my best wishes, and I hope your next story is as good as this one.  HAIL CAEZAR- I mean, SCREECH!

Print