Print

Author Topic: Separated at birth?  (Read 16520 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
Yeah, Newton's supposed to be a last name.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
Well, there was Newton Gimmick from Teddy Ruxpin.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »
Meh, sounds better than "Fig".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »
Clearly, you’re not going down without a fight.

It’s not ego.  I am no Messiah.  The people of the Mario fandom deserve another chance in the world of cinema.  I would like to represent these people so they know they're not alone.  That’s why I put their interests, not their dissections of a screenplay excerpt, first when writing this, only I put things in a logical, cause-effect order, which makes it work as a movie, not as a video game.

You also call my screenplay less-than-average at one point, and then mediocre, which means "average," at another point.  Which is it?

Be specific as to how you want Bowser to talk less.  As a result, it will make things shorter.

“You and several others,” eh?  You mean one or two other guys who had something critical to say.  More than four people have posted here.

You did say at some point that you didn’t like any of what I’ve written.  It’s right here at the top of this page.  You only saw cons, no pros, and to quote your exact words, “Second, there are no pros.  I looked for them, but didn’t like any of what I saw.  This is why I said what I said.”  Do you see how mean-spirited that is?

You haven’t seen any jokes just yet.  We’re getting started with the whole setup.  You will see it’s very game-like.

Why should it be traditionally animated?  With CGI, the possibilities for aesthetics are limitless, and we’re more used to seeing a 3-D Mario these days than we are a 2-D one.  No movie based on a video game has ever been CGI before either.

“Don’t do an origin story?”  See, THIS is what I mean by not giving me constructive criticism.  You tell me what I shouldn’t do, but you don’t tell me what I should do.  And more importantly, how do you know that the changes you want to make will get the movie to sell when you stubbornly stick to the belief that it won’t sell?  That shows what kind of two-faced troll you really are.

Wait, do you want me to do just a day-in-the-life-of-Mario movie?  You could play any game and get the exact same result!
there are too many hateful posts in this forum.

i ask to please stop being so rude and cruel to me.

in the first 2 weeks i have had 2 people post negative comments to me and i am sick of it.

IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY ANYTHING!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
On the other hand,

Oh... then I'm okay with your alternate lifestyle.

however what i DONT like is when homosexuals maker it very visible to others, a great example was at my gr8 ottawa trip when we were walking past a hotel and a man was walking in high heels and a dress, thats just disgusting.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »
I was more of going for that they both don't take kindly to being disagreed with, both hate The Chef (inb4 someone says "we all do"), and both want to prove that they're right and you're wrong.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »
I'm slowly becoming the forum's equivalent of Simon Cowell.

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
Henceforth, I shall read all your posts in a snide English accent.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
Here's a poem about J.J. Enjoy!
J.J.
Is so gay gay.
Some day day.
He will pay pay.
For things he may say say.
J.J.
Is either a pregnant woman who forgot to take her Midol.
Or a fat old man with no balls.
Either way he's not my idol.
Either way he has no balls at all.
Sincerely,
-Grady Martin

(holy crap, that was eleven years ago; time sure does keep happening)

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 07:45:36 AM »
Is anyone here interested in a movie? An actual movie?

Hello, and welcome to the official discussion board for my personal screenplay for the future major motion picture, Shigeru Miyamoto’s Super Mario Bros.  You can call it SMSMB for easy reference.  I’m Colonel KR, one of the Internet’s greatest fighters for liberty and justice.  I’m a generic film student with a larger-than-life dream.  It’s not a dream about a cheap little homemade live action video that’ll become a viral piece of junk; it’s a dream about a fully CGI, 100-minute-long feature film, one with enough story and substance to make it more than just a fading novelty, one that I actually want to sell to hopefully either DreamWorks or BlueSky.

My story, quite simply, is this: When I was a child, I saw the original 1993 film Super Mario Bros., and I distinctly remember thinking at the very beginning, “What do dinosaurs have to do with Mario?”  Okay, so Yoshi’s a dinosaur, but that’s not relevant.  And then, after sitting through 100 minutes of total confusion that vanished from my memory as soon as I saw it, I thought, “Maybe I can do better!”  However, I didn’t know where to start from just yet.

That brings me to June 2011, when I thought about what I was going to do with my life now that nearly all my college general education requirements had been fulfilled.  Then, something popped into my head, something from I don’t know where, but it came as this sweet, small voice: “No matter where you go in life, what matters most is that you’re able to do what you love doing and are able to give freely to the world along the way.”  And, using this moral as the new core of an idea that had been floating in my head for at least a decade, the screenplay for SMSMB was born.

But since filmmaking is a highly collaborative effort, and because I also want to direct the movie, I obviously can’t do this all on my own.  That’s why I need you guys – SMB fans, TMK.net users, generic Internet surfers – to give me all the support you can give in the pursuit of a seemingly impossible dream.  Filmmaking has many facets, including set design, cinematography, editing, and sound design, but it’s not complete without those who are willing to go down to the theater and see it.  You would like to see a more stylistically authentic Mario movie with a more solid narrative structure than the one before, would you not?

Bottom line: This thread is dedicated to those who’d like to support my efforts as well as any questions or comments you might have regarding my project.  You can ask me about the plot, the characters, the music, the themes and messages, or any subject you choose.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print