Print

Author Topic: The Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy  (Read 2763 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: February 16, 2005, 09:14:30 PM »
The Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy trailer premieres on Amazon.com.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 10:58:43 PM »
I haven't read the book yet.  I guess I should sometime soon.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 12:10:50 AM »
EDIT: This post used to contain a link to a Star Wars: Episode III spoof. Upon watching it a second time, however, I realized that it has too much profanity and rudeness to be worth linking to. I apologize for not understanding this sooner and for exposing the forums to garbage.

Why "e3"??

Edited by - watoAD on 2/18/2005 11:30:15 PM

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »
The Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy is a very good book. In fact, I think I'll read it again right now.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 07:50:53 PM »
I've read all of the books three times, listened to the radio show twice, and watched the original movie twice.  Has anyone else read, listened, or watched any?

It will be interesting to compare the new movie to the original works.  Who will watch the new movie when it comes out?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 11:19:23 PM »
With the exception of Young Zaphod Plays It Safe, I have read the five-book trilogy once. The only other Douglas Adams-related book I've read is Starship Titanic, which isn't quite as good in my opinion.

I'm hoping to watch the movie sometime, but I'm not sure if I'll attempt the theater with it or not.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 11:39:52 PM »
The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul was great.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 12:08:25 AM »
Whenever Watoad posts, I feel left out because I'm not one of the "elite".  At least I'm one of the select few that knows the meaning of "esoteric".

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 01:36:51 AM »
Elite? What's this? You feel left out because you have double the number of posts that I do? Because you have had the funniest non-quoted (I think) sigs of anyone here? Because you're one of the youngest people here who's actually among the most mature? Because your username is more clever than mine? Because you got a score on the nerd test that actually means something? Because you never abandon the forums as a result of not having enough "time"? Because you have some idea how to actually use randomness constructively and make a joke? Because you're a nice person? Sorry, but I don't get it.

"Esoteric." Hmmm.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 03:13:32 PM »
I read and enjoyed the book. They should let more people read the book.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 07:12:40 PM »
Who isn't allowing people to read HGttG?! I'll beat 'em up!

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Print