Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695897 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #465 on: July 16, 2006, 07:35:35 AM »
I thought he was only faking his age?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #466 on: July 16, 2006, 07:59:12 AM »
I'm still waiting for chairmastre51437 to come.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #467 on: July 16, 2006, 09:24:20 AM »
Sony has officially lost their mind. Only a company that would want to go out of buisiness would make an advertisment like this.

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots/pspblack.jpg
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #468 on: July 16, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »
All I can say about that is "OMG." They must be really desperate...or like C.T.O.A.N. said, crazy.

« Reply #469 on: July 16, 2006, 08:15:39 PM »
I saw that elsewhere.

I think that advertisement was in another country, though, so it likely doesn't have the racist overtones that it would carry in the U.S. Remember that it was in the U.S. that blacks were formerly slaves.

I still think the advertisement is stupid, though.

Some people need to get serious here. From what I've seen of Fairemaster's doings, he wasn't nearly as annoying or obnoxious as certain other former members of this board. Just look up marioguy's posts with the forum search engine.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #470 on: July 16, 2006, 08:25:55 PM »
That advertisement seems very...wierd and racist. And trust us, Fairemaster wasn't NEARLY as bad as some of the members I've seen (and many of the older members). Like Game Over.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #471 on: July 16, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »
smfan is right about marioguy. I remember seeing his posts. UVG also was annoying, but he recently returned as TLW, with new mannerisms.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #472 on: July 16, 2006, 08:52:11 PM »
My family just bought an HDTV.  I now know why HDTVs are not yet mainstream.  It's not because they're too expensive.  It's because they suck.  According to the TV's user manual, we can't watch 4:3 broadcasts in standard 4:3 mode more than 15% of the time, or else we will unevenly burn the TV's phosphors and make 16:9 sources look bad.  Instead, we have to watch 4:3 sources in 16:9 mode, with everyone stretched out to look fat.  We bought a CRT projection TV specifically so that we could get several resolutions and watch 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i sources without scaling, but it's moot because we still have to scale standard 4:3 broadcasts, which is what we will be watching 90% of the time.  In my mind there is a rather obvious solution to the phosphor burn-in problem: the TV should analyze the signal and dynamically change the brightness of the side bars in 4:3 mode to match the average brightness of the center screen, preventing uneven burning of the phosphors.  Apparently this idea never occurred to the engineers who designed our TV.  Due to poor design, our new HDTV looks much worse than our old TV for standard low-def sources.  We collectively have buyers' remorse.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 08:55:41 PM by Hirocon »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #473 on: July 17, 2006, 05:50:14 AM »
Remember Mr "DS sucks?" He attacked the PSP too. Such an idiot.
Now he's pushed the hot button with me.

« Reply #474 on: July 17, 2006, 11:04:34 AM »
They were both fakes, dude. I'm guessing the MGS one is fake as well.

In the "I hate PSP" one, he attacks Sony, and calls Nintendo a great company.
In the "I hate DS" one, he attacks Nintendo, saying Sony's technology is very hi-tech and the DS is just a Gameboy with an extra screen.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #475 on: July 17, 2006, 02:01:10 PM »
That guy makes me laugh so much. I think he is the funniest man alive.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #476 on: July 17, 2006, 06:20:22 PM »
smfan is right about marioguy. I remember seeing his posts. UVG also was annoying, but he recently returned as TLW, with new mannerisms.

TLW? Is that an abbreviation, or an actual username? I haven't seen anyone around with the username of "TLW"....
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #477 on: July 17, 2006, 08:42:06 PM »
I am experiencing ANGST because I hate it when people type stuff in fonts the size of the fingernail on my pinky. The dead part. People: If you have something to say, please say it in text that doesn't require a magnifying glass or really, really strong glasses.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #478 on: July 17, 2006, 09:08:09 PM »
Hint: change your font display size.
That was a joke.

« Reply #479 on: July 17, 2006, 09:35:53 PM »
ProTip: When people use that annoying schtick, copy-paste their miniscule text into the URL bar of your browser. That's the quickest way I've found to read it. Chupperson's method seems a bit cumbersome.

Print