Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704815 times)

« Reply #480 on: July 17, 2006, 09:42:37 PM »
I would, Chupperson, but that makes the regular text too big for my liking. I'm a picky guy.

LD: Hm, good idea. I normally have to open Word and copy-paste, but URL is a lot faster. Thanks

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #481 on: July 17, 2006, 10:52:41 PM »
If I see hidden text in any thread it's typically the first thing I read.   Tiny text and coloring text the same as the background is annoying.  I want spoiler code. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #482 on: July 17, 2006, 11:15:47 PM »
TLW? Is that an abbreviation, or an actual username? I haven't seen anyone around with the username of "TLW"....
Shush, man! You might hurt someone's feelings! How'd you feel if YOU were The Last Wombat, huh?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #483 on: July 18, 2006, 01:10:27 PM »
ProTip: When people use that annoying schtick, copy-paste their miniscule text into the URL bar of your browser. That's the quickest way I've found to read it. Chupperson's method seems a bit cumbersome.

That's exactly what I do.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #484 on: July 18, 2006, 02:25:51 PM »
I like the "click on the quote icon" in the post with small text and then hit "back" when you read it.
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #485 on: July 19, 2006, 11:47:48 AM »
I click the edit pencil icon out of habit because I used to use the edit option to view the secret html messages Watoad, I, and a few others used on the old forum format.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #486 on: July 19, 2006, 12:38:14 PM »
So, ya. President Bush just vetoed a bill that loosens federal restrictions on stem cell research grants.

Because, you know, it's better to save 100 lives than cure diseases that could save millions.
~I.S.~

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #487 on: July 19, 2006, 01:48:02 PM »
Wow, his first veto.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #488 on: July 19, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »
Hm, I'll be glad once his term ends.

Seriously, with all the anti-Bush stuff I heard during his first term, I thought the other candidate would win by a landslide by the time he wanted to be elected for a second one.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:19:21 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #489 on: July 20, 2006, 08:41:19 AM »
His first term wasn't even won in a fair manner. He got into office because of a screw-up in Florida.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #490 on: July 20, 2006, 11:04:58 AM »
I wish he hadn't have vetoed (sp?) it, but at least it's legal for private industry to do research.  Also, Bush won legally.  It may not have been fair, but it was legal.  I personally hate the electoral system.  We should have one person, one vote.  States or no states.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #491 on: July 20, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »
The electoral college is a great way to elect important officials in an efficient representative democracy!

I mean, do we really need more than 5 or 6 states determining the president every year? Those other 44 don't deserve any say, anyways, I mean, since, ya know, they always vote the same way every year anyways. Like sheep.

(Of course, I live in one of the worst examples of the very phenomenon I described... and my views are different than the bulk of this state. It natuarally follows that I don't think the electoral college is very well thought-out at all.)
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #492 on: July 20, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »
Well, when I lived in Mississippi it didn't matter if I voted for a non-Republican (which I have) because the electoral votes for Mississippi always go to a Republican.  Now that I live in Californian it won't matter if I voted for a non-Democrat (which I have) because the electoral votes for California always go to a Democrat.  I'd rather my vote count no matter who I voted for.  If there was no electoral college I'd expect a lot more people would vote as they would not have the problem I mentioned above.  Also, I hate the two party system, but it appears both parties do a lot to keep the system.

« Reply #493 on: July 20, 2006, 02:32:27 PM »
*sigh*

I cannot get past a certain part of SMS and it is filling me with ANGST.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #494 on: July 20, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »
Yeah, when we were studying for the constitution test it sounded to me like votes didn't matter. At all. In any way possible. It sounded to me like the campaigns were all about "So, when I'm president here are the bright sides you'll have to look on," and then the Electoral College pulled a name out of a hat.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print