Print

Author Topic: Mis-interpretations  (Read 8309 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »
I've actually liked to interpret it as "ME-XICO!"

I used to think Mario was saying that in MK64.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »
I originally thought Mario said "Up I go" when you select a star in SM64. Otherwise, I usually understand what everyone says all the time.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 07:05:16 PM »
Even BART drivers? You're incredible.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 07:40:13 PM »
SMA has way too much voice acting for its own good. I don't know half the stuff the characters are saying (partially because when you beat three enemies in a row, that long clip is cut off when you get that heart that appears). And when you beat a red Birdo... is she saying, "I... hate you!" or what?

I think Peach's three-kill saying is "Fresh from the garden!" (apparently referring from the vegetables). Someone on GameFAQs, I believe, said it was "Fresh from the bottle!", but that makes no sense and it also sounds more like "garden".

If I'm remembering correctly, the red Birdo says "How could you?!"

I always knew what Mario says at the star selection in SM64, but the "pickle" thing sounds pretty funny.

In Super Mario Sunshine, whenever Mario dies, I thought he says Blarro! It's actually "The Horror!"

He sometimes says "The Horror!" when he dies. Other times he says "Arrivederci" (like someone else said), and possibly other things, maybe.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 08:09:18 PM »
Three-kills.
Mario is saying, I'm quite sure, "What a tasty treat." I wonder if, when the enemies are dead, he eats them... O_o
Luigi: "That's delicious!" What do Shy Guys taste like??
Hrrr... Toad's a bit tough to figure out. I think he's saying, "All righty! No mushrooms!" I'm positive about the "No mushrooms!" part, but I'm not sure about the first part. Good to know Nintendo is anti-cannibalism.
I heard Peach say "Fresh from the waffle," personally.
Oh, and when Toad dies, it sounds like he's saying "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" What do you think?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 09:24:30 PM »
This topic reminds me of the time Kurt said, "Call the sitter," but Courtney heard, "Pull the trigger."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 12:09:01 PM »
Kurt? Courtney? Who the dukar are you talking about?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 12:12:31 PM »
Why wouldn't Mario and Luigi be referring to the vegetables, instead of the Shy Guys?
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 03:28:35 PM »
This topic reminds me of the time Kurt said, "Call the sitter," but Courtney heard, "Pull the trigger."
-_-

Well, I swear that in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, when the ninja makes a shot, and jumps to celebrate after the instant replays he says "Ni!" (Like the Knights who say "Ni")

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 06:41:28 AM »
Well, I swear that in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, when the ninja makes a shot, and jumps to celebrate after the instant replays he says "Ni!" (Like the Knights who say "Ni")

Ni! Ni! Ni! XD

When Rouge digs in SA2 and gets an item, does she say "Lucky!" or "Lovely!"?
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 07:17:58 AM »
I thought it sounded like she said, "Looky!"
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 08:22:23 AM »
Maybe. *ponders on the subject*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »
In New Super Mario Bros., it sounds like Mario is saying "Ancho-Josiah" when you clear a stage. Luigi is much better to listen to then Mario, that's just weird! In Mario Kart DS and other Mario Kart, when Mario shoots an item, I thought he said, "Take it easy!" but it's really "Take-a-this!" I REALLY can't understand Mario or Luigi in the Mario and Luigi: SS and PiT (I think it's Italian, but it sounds like German to me...) By the way, i've heard that Mario is communist according to some Nintendo Staff, but I don't know.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 12:33:10 PM »
If by "Nintendo staff" you mean Uncyclopedia, then yes.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 12:50:48 PM »
Then how do you expalin this?:

Shocking!!!
It ain't fake either.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:52:39 PM by Nintendo Bros. »
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Print