Print

Author Topic: Origins of...Your Username?  (Read 39788 times)

« on: October 01, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
What gave you the idea for your Username? Pretty simple.

Okay, well...

Every single Nintendo-made game I've ever heard of/seen, I've liked. There is almost* nothing I hate about Nintendo.

*=Read about my fun, disturbing internet struggles that lasted for months in the Game Help Board!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
This is already a thread... somewhere.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »
I checked on the search menu...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »
Short answer: I am me.

Long answer: When I got Mario Kart DS, it was going to display my name in-game as "Max Vanc" due to character space. I removed the space so my whole name would fit and later registered here using it.

This is already a thread... somewhere.
I don't think so, but I believe it has been mentioned many times as part of other discussions.

Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
Well, I distinctly remember explaining my name, along with others, somewhere in this network of tubes. Oh, well.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
Once upon a time, I was twelve years old.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 06:01:51 PM »
At the time, I had a crush on James from Pokemon and Link.  One day, I drew a picture of James dressed as Link, so I fused James' Japanese name (Kojiro) and Link's name.  I got Kojink.  I think it was when I first joined a forum, I added an 'a' to the name to make it sound more feminine.  Well, Kojinka has been my main Internet alias since then.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 06:46:43 PM »
I had a friend who kept telling me I was going to be "The Chef" in his movie. It became a running gag between us as it never actually happened. I was strapped for a username at the time and opted to use that particular gag for it.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »
I wanted to be SuperMarioFan here, since that is my handle elsewhere, but someone already had it registered at the time. I am not a fan of adding hyphens and the like just to make a user name slightly different, so I thought about the other character I liked.. SuperToadFan just wouldn't have sounded quiet right, so I stuck Toad in. The system said I could have it, so here I am.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »
You know that Mario was named after a janitor.  Well, that janitor has a brother.  Said brother is my father.  Thus, Luigison.

Sorry, that's a lie.  A friend of mine on our middle school baseball team was named Luigi.  We had a "Who's on first?" joke.

Actually, http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=7703.msg376586#msg376586  The search feature on these forums actually works. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
Disclaimer: Most of those merged topics were created before I came here. The last few recieved their last posts in January 2006, which was still when I posted mainly in FG&S (mainly Mario Word Association, which was still in General Mario Chat then) and didn't keep track of about the rest of the forums.

Second disclaimer: Yes, Luigison has owned me.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:19:49 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 09:54:54 PM »
I made it up in the spot when I needed a 4 character name to play melee.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 08:55:59 AM »
I once found a turtle in our front yard when it was flooded after a nasty rain storm, so... yeah, that's it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »
My real name is Caterina and I am...Super! =D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 02:49:08 PM »
I was originally Luigi Simpson because Luigi was my favourite character and the Simpsons was my favourite TV show.

Now, I'm Ultima Shadow, because I wanted to be "Shadow the Hedgehog" but that was taken, hence I decided to add something to it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 03:43:47 PM »
Now to reveal one of the biggest mysteries on TMK: What the heck was Luigalaxy thinking when he made his username?

So, this was around the time when Luigi was revealed playable in SMG. So, I was orignally gonna be luigigalaxy92 (or something along those lines.). Lucky for me, that was already taken. So, I combined Luigi and Galaxy. I came up with Luigalaxy. And then we ended up here. The end.

Now for the topic on hand: Kojinka, your a girl? (No offense, of course.)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 04:07:16 PM »
When my foster parents found me in a dumpster in Detroit the letters "T - E - M" were tattooed on the top of my scalp.

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »
Are you...serious???

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
Contrary to what everyone has concluded my username means (that I'm addicted to drugs) I made mine MushroomJunkie because Mario eats mushrooms all time so I am kinda pretending I'm Mario....something around that.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 04:59:43 PM »
Contrary to what everyone has concluded ...
Statements like that are almost never entirely true.  I, for one, never thought that about your username. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 05:00:49 PM »
"But why would you pretend to be Mario?"

"Also, I'm your mama? So you're Bowser's son!"
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 05:25:16 PM »
Ability to sleep -8999

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »
"Also, I'm your mama? So you're Bowser's son!"

And Luigi's brother!
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »
Wow, I don't think I ever heard Luigison mention his name origins before.

Now where's Fifth?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »
Weird, because I remember him talking about his name origins a lot.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »
Yeah, I remember Luigison talking about this on numerous occasions.

For all the newer people who don't know what Suffix indicates, it involves a third grade revelation about my actual name, Ian.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:11:44 AM by Suffix »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 12:36:24 AM »
I was going to call myself ~Xx~DaRkNaRuToFaN69~xX~ but that was already taken, so I went with my second choice.

When I found out Deezer was already taken, I went with Glorb.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 08:59:32 AM »
When I found out Glorb was already taken, I cried.

But really, I don't have much to say (that hasn't already been vaguely stated and lost in Forumland) about my name. I guess I wanted something cool and sinister-ish that also represented how much I feel no one really pays attention to me even though I think I have good ideas (alternatively, I'm a cunning, rebellious revolutionary plotting change in the shadows. Eh.).

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 10:14:04 AM »
...Huh? What were you saying?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 10:21:28 AM »
But really, I don't have much to say (that hasn't already been vaguely stated and lost in Forumland) about my name. I guess I wanted something cool and sinister-ish that also represented how much I feel no one really pays attention to me even though I think I have good ideas (alternatively, I'm a cunning, rebellious revolutionary plotting change in the shadows. Eh.).

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »
jda- initials

"ster" - ??? don't ask.

64- Nintendo-64.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 01:34:52 PM »
Funny, I kept reading your name as "J Disaster 64"
No! I don't want that!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 02:59:58 PM »
I assumed it was some strange abbreviation of Jedi Master. 

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »
I went through a few names to call myself on the Internet until I and my brother decided on the names we use now. He suggested the name Reading for me; it resembles my real name and fits my personality. I liked the name because it was unique, and I don't like unecessary numbers or symbols in my name, so I stuck with it.

When we were having a conversation about what our strengths in creating are, we said that I came up with original stuff, my friend came up with good stuff, and my brother came up with general stuff. I then suggested "General Stuff" as a name for him.

We quickly established ourselves as Reading and General Stuff, so when I became more integrated into forums and such, and when I created our website, we had our names ready. General Stuff's character is, in fact, a general. You know, army-wise...
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 07:11:34 PM »
This thread was already made
"it's always the present"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 07:58:23 PM »
Kind of like your post.
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »
wut

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »
FOUR HUNDRED BABIES!
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 09:00:34 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »
SushieBoy was the name of a superhero I made up as a kid. Yes I know that it's spelled "sushi" but that just feels empty and hollow. So I added an "e" at the end, I think it makes a huge difference.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2008, 06:34:01 PM »
FOUR HUNDRED BABIES!

[language and reference origin warning]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk

EDIT:lol I don't even have to put effort into my posts suffix does half of it for me
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:49:50 PM by Shyguy92 »

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 02:20:52 PM »
Well, I liked glitches. Back 3 years ago...at least. >_> I still like them...but not as much...

I really hate it now. I want to change it to something else, if thats possible.

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 07:14:17 PM »
EDIT:lol I don't even have to put effort into my posts suffix does half of it for me
Hahahahaha!

I really hate it now. I want to change it to something else, if thats possible.
Don't do eeet! Names are 4ever.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »
Yeah man, changing your name after establishing it is totally lame.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2008, 04:25:11 PM »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »
I call TheMushroomKingdom.net.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2008, 08:46:55 PM »
Extra super wicked long half-asleep post... Go!

The origin of my name... I'm going to have to think about that.

When I was introduced to the internet, it was 1998, and I was six years old. My dad showed me to Yahoo and prompted me to make an account there. I had previously made an account on some other site (I think it was some kind of educational thing, can't remember for sure, though) under the name BriGuy98. When I made the Yahoo account, I changed it to 92 because the year of one's birth changes a whole lot less frequently than the current year. "Briguy" has always been several family members' nickname for me, but I still can't remember why I chose to capitalize the G.

Since it is my email address, BriGuy92 has sort of stuck. I'm not into that whole "come up with a different nickname for every site you make an account at" thing, because it makes one easier to identify across the intertubes. What bugs me is that on a very few sites, there is another "BriGuy92" who apparently does absolutely nothing (at least according to his Youtube channel and Myspace page) whose goal in life seems to be to force me to use the somewhat harder to type "BriGuy90Two", or in some instances, "BriGuyNinetyTwo".
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
Wow, I don't think I ever heard Luigison mention his name origins before.

Now where's Fifth?

Sorry, I'll vouch to remain silent on this one.  My name's origin is kind of a personal/stupid matter.

You actually came quite close to the "meaning" at one point, though...
But...
...nah...
Go Moon!

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »
Changing usernames...oh gosh. At another website I go to, name changes are practically an epedemic. They change 'em for things like holidays, miscellaneous special occasions, or just because they feel like it...and sometimes it's impossible to tell who anyone is. It's to the point where they've added an "Also Known As" section to people's profiles. And no, they can't change their names at will-an admin has to do it. It's improved somewhat since they started cracking down on it, but I still don't like it.

I've changed mine as well (on that site), but only once-and that was a while ago before this epedemic started. I hadn't been planning to stay there for long when I registered, so I picked a different username, "Meister Waluigi". I eventually grew tired of this alias and switched to my "one" username Reading. Reading is a character as well as my username, so I never call myself anything else.

Why must people change their usernames at all? Unless it's a wholehearted change like the one I made, you should stick with the identity you joined with.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:55:35 PM by Reading »
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 04:13:41 PM »
That reminds me... what was up with the whole thing where "Forum Games" got changed to three different random things in a week?

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 04:19:14 PM »
Sorry, I'll vouch to remain silent on this one.
So you... plead the Fifth?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »
That reminds me... what was up with the whole thing where "Forum Games" got changed to three different random things in a week?

I still refer to FG by Glorb's House of Pain.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »
So you... plead the Fifth?
That's the same thing I was thinking...

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »
I was thinking more or less that Fifth was the fifth person to register on the site or something.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »
That was just a joke. I thought it was pretty funny, naming it things like Lizard Dude's Bachelor Pad and Bird Person's Crazy Cage.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »
My favorite is still the original, Eclipsed Moon's Love Shack.
That was a joke.

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »
My username was formed the same way the American accent was formed; by accident. I'm not really sure at all how both happened.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 04:36:48 PM »
My name came from a Naruto character named "Kimimaro." I changed the "o" to a "u" because I thought it sounded funny.

Strange, huh?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 05:29:25 PM »
My username was formed the same way the American accent was formed; by accident. I'm not really sure at all how both happened.
Noah Webster named you?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 08:16:42 PM »
He only introduced O's and z's instead of OU's ans S's.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »
My name came from a Naruto character named "Kimimaro." I changed the "o" to a "u" because I thought it sounded funny.

Strange, huh?

I knew your username had something to do with Naruto.  But my money was on it being an alternation of "Shikamaru."

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 02:38:32 PM »
 My username comes about because night stages are my favorite kinds of Mario stages. I guess this really started with how they looked in Super Mario All-Stars, but I generally have a lot of imagination either way: All-Stars or NES SMB. I mean put some streetlights out there, a few buildings, voila...

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2009, 10:04:08 AM »
My nick comes of I'm a Mr.L fan, but mostly Daisy, Luigi, Toad and Yoshi too.
The Green Thunder

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »
I've been looking for this thread for...uh, weeks. Anyway, my username is a mash-up of my three favorite things: The color blue. Mario and blue flames ('cause colored flames are AWESOME). Also, I couldn't be FlamingBlueMario because someone already had the name "Mario", so I had to add a "d" to my username. Looking back, I wish I would've picked another username...but oh well. The digital ink has already dried...and besides, I kinda like my username. So...yeah. That's it. 
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

CrossEyed7

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »
If you ask the mods really nice, they might add a Y to the end of your name.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
I think I've already explained the origins of my username in another topic...nevertheless, I chose PaperLuigi because I was playing PM:TTYD at the time, and Luigi was my favorite character.

In hindsight, I should have chose PaperWario. I like Wario more than Luigi.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2009, 01:58:11 PM »
I was a regular in the chatroom for about a year before I joined the FF, and that's where my username comes from. I first joined the chatroom under the nick "Sunshine," but then I switched to "Red_Mage." Since "Sunshine" is close to "Sunbun" and "Red_Mage" is close to "Black Mage," I ended up alternating between the two names, and then combining them to make "Red_Sun." And then TEM told me my nick should be Rao, the name of Krypton's red sun and the Kryptonian sun god, and here I am.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »
Really?  I didn't know that when I posted this...  I was just guessing about the whole Kryptonian aspect...

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »
My username is just my last name backwards . . . freaky, huh?
;)
That's what he said.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »
Mine too!

not really

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 10:14:27 AM »
A nod to one of the greatest end of world bosses in Mario history and a tribute to all the other Koopa kids who probably hate Bowser jr and his lime light hogging ways.
Morton Koopa Jr

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:27 AM »
A nod to one of the greatest end of world bosses in Mario history

Morton Koopa Jr. was arguably the easiest boss to beat in Mario history.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »

There were easier bosses.

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2009, 05:32:06 PM »
Hey, I said "arguably," didn't I?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2009, 06:02:58 PM »
To a disagreeable person, anything is arguable.

To a talkative person, anything is remarkable.

To Mr. T, anything is edible.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »
Said Luigisan A.K.A. Master_Luigi A.K.A. TheEggMan A.K.A. TEM. ;)

Here's mine. This is the "user name" thread I'll always remember/consider as "the original".
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »
Oh so that's where TEM came from.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2009, 06:47:41 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
For whatever reason, I found responding to something with a small Bowser sprite inherently funny.

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2009, 09:08:26 PM »
I'm luigi bros on another website and I came here trying to be luigi bros but it wouldn't let me use the word Luigi in my name so I tried Luig bros but that was taken so I chose Luig bro.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2009, 09:49:55 PM »
The forum let's you use commas, though.

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2009, 09:52:16 PM »
The forum let's you use commas, though.

What does that have do with anything?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2009, 09:42:41 AM »
The fact that you refuse to properly punctuate your sentences for some inscrutable reason.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2009, 06:45:47 PM »
...Who was Luigisan?  What about that Luigisony guy?  Was he lame?

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »
Mega-lame

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »
Is there any way to change your username on this website? I want to change mine and this seems like a relevant topic to ask it in.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »
Mega-lame
Now I know that it had the desired affect.  Thank you. 

Is there any way to change your username on this website? I want to change mine and this seems like a relevant topic to ask it in.
Yes.  Ask a moderator.  Relevant, yes.  The sentiment is that names should not be changed though.  PM me.  I'll gladly take your request into consideration and then likely deny it.  If said name change is LD approved I'll give it slightly more consideration.  BTW, you should take no personal offense from this exchange.  Name changes and post edits have been a long despised by some members here.  You, however, are new.  So, your request will be considered, by me, if not by others. 

Print