Print

Author Topic: More Cameos NOT Included  (Read 37582 times)

« on: January 09, 2006, 06:36:42 PM »
I am suprised that many games that include a Mario reference is missing. I am currently seeing missing info from:
Pikmin 2.

Also, in Pikmin 1, you state that Olimars partners name is Luji. It is, in fact, Louie, or Looie.

Okay, in Pikmin 2, there are a couple of missing info, like the Item Flame Of Tommorow, which includes Bowser on the front of matchstick packet.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 04:09:41 PM by dude677 »
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 07:17:29 PM »
I told Deezer these same exact things about a year or so ago.

He'll put it up....eventually.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 01:46:09 AM »
These will theoretically be fixed as we finish databasing the game info.

If you know a game that has Mario cameos/references but you don't see the game in the system lists, please let me know.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:06:52 AM »
In Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, when you hit a ball into a flower patch, little pikmin fly out!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »
Let me rephrase. >_<

If you don't see a game listed on the site that has Mario cameos/references, please let me know.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 02:30:38 PM »
I'm tellin' ya, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World.
While the boss didn't end up named "Mari-Oh" in the final version, he still shoots Mario-style fireballs and shrinks when damaged.
Go Moon!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 02:40:39 PM »
Oh yeah!!!!! Thanks. I've forgotten that more times than I can remember.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 02:51:13 PM »
I have heard about that Mario-Oh boss around in this Forum, actually.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 05:27:07 PM »
Animal Crossing: Wild World isn't on the  list. You can wear a Mario Hat and a Mario Nose with Moustache!
There's also a Luigi's hat, but I don't know if there's a Lugi's nose
Plus, Mario himself does appear in Nintendogs, you can drive a Mario Kart around and your dogs chase it
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 05:30:13 PM by Phred »
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 09:52:13 PM »
Good call. Added that and Tetris DS.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
Any one here see the movie Son of the Mask? Because around 7 minutes in, the guy is playing Mario Kart Super Circuit!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »
Kirby Canvas Curse has a couple of enemies that are Mario-like. Thudds are very much like Thwomps; they hang in midair, and crash down when Kirby gets colse. Another note, there are 3 sizes of Thudd--there are 2 sizes of Thwomps, too. Also, there are firebars in the volcano levels.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 04:22:34 PM »
Yeah, there is a game that has Mario References. Dragon Quest VIII.

To be exact, The Monster Arena. The guy who runs it is named "Morrie", And he's a Red and Green clad...erm..."Pimp"...who has a moustache speaks with an italian accent. Kinda like our favorate plumber, except Mario's a tad overweight and can't revive dead monsters.

However, this may be a coincidence (A giant coincidence, I might add), if not for the fact that his name and four bunny girls have more two add, which are related to each other.

If you speak to the bartender that's in front of the Monster Arena gates, He makes a refference to the four bunny girls (Marrie, Merrie, Mirrie and Murrie, If I remember correctly), and says somthing about the "Super Morrie-o Sisters". If you don't catch at least one reference at this point I will hit you with a mallet. Morrie-o Sounds like Mario. Super Morrie-o Sisters can be linked to Super Mario Brothers. Should be pretty obvious at this point.

Anyways, that's all I have to contribute at this point.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 12:33:40 PM »
Dragon Quest VIII? Never expected something like that...

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »
In Animal Crossing, you can find a Mario or Luigi hat; not just a shirt.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 01:20:11 PM »
How? I've only seen the trophies, shirts, and the medals.
There's also a pipe, a Bullet Bill blaster, a star, and a flag, not to mention all of the NES games.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »
Wild World, the DS version?
You can wear hats and accessories.
So there's a Mario hat and a Mario Moustache
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 09:12:35 PM »
Talon, the Mario look-a-like from LoZ: Ocarina of Time, makes an appearance in LoZ: The Minish Cap.
On Link's Awakening, deliver the letter to Mr. Write in the trading sequence, it will show you the picture he received in the envelope. It's Princess Toadstool
Many Mario enemies are in LA that were not mentioned on the site: Piranha Plants, Bob-Ombs (known in the game as Bombites), Shy Guys, Cheep Cheeps, and Boo (Boo is actually a good guy).
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 11:50:58 PM »
Furthermore, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures also have Mario-related enemies (at least Chain Chomp) and FSA has Talon.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 12:31:47 AM »
One of these days I will finish playing LoZ:LA. Or maybe someone will send in screen shots!

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 07:13:35 PM »
Deezer, you wimp. I beat Link's Awakening DX four times in one year.

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 07:22:58 PM »
As soon as I get a hold of Zelda: Collector's Edition, I will play the first two Zelda's for the first time.

It's hard to believe since I'm such a big Mario and Zelda fan, but I've never even played the original Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening, Adventure of Link, Oracle of Seasons, or Oracle of Ages.

Come to think of it, I've only played the original Super Mario Brothers ONCE, and it was when I was six-years-old; and I only played it for a few minutes at an arcade.

So I better move Super Mario Brothers up near the top of my most wanted list. ;)

EDIT: Wow, I didn't realize how much I went off topic. XD

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 04:04:42 PM »
Sorry for the bump, and forgive me if this bump was useless, but I was watching Fox 5 (NY) and I watced the 10pm news and there was a report on the news people mentioning the old SMB for the NES. It was a part of an April's Fool prank where some kids left boxes that are decorated like ? blocks. They said something about a bombsquad and that investigation is going underway.

Again, I'm not sure if this counts as a cameo in the real world and I apologize if I'm not contributing in anyway.

I'll go see if there's a video about the news last night and I'll see if I can post a link.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 05:31:26 PM »
Yes, MEGAߥTE linked #tmk to a Joystiq article-thingy about it this morning.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 02:16:52 AM »
Yeah, there is a game that has Mario References. Dragon Quest VIII.

To be exact, The Monster Arena. The guy who runs it is named "Morrie", And he's a Red and Green clad...erm..."Pimp"...who has a moustache speaks with an italian accent. Kinda like our favorate plumber, except Mario's a tad overweight and can't revive dead monsters.

However, this may be a coincidence (A giant coincidence, I might add), if not for the fact that his name and four bunny girls have more two add, which are related to each other.

If you speak to the bartender that's in front of the Monster Arena gates, He makes a refference to the four bunny girls (Marrie, Merrie, Mirrie and Murrie, If I remember correctly), and says somthing about the "Super Morrie-o Sisters". If you don't catch at least one reference at this point I will hit you with a mallet. Morrie-o Sounds like Mario. Super Morrie-o Sisters can be linked to Super Mario Brothers. Should be pretty obvious at this point.

Can anyone confirm and/or get us screen shots of all references above? Thanks.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »
Here's a sheet with spries of some of the cameos on LoZ: LA/DX
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »
Another Nintendogs cameo: There is a Rubber Mushroom item that looks just like the SMB1 NES mushrooms.
Also, I'm not sure if this counts but in the Second Hand shop after the messagebox on the top screen clears and you can see the 3D render of the shop, there is what looks like a Question Block sitting at the back.
I'm probably worse than you at playing Mario games...
But what do you expect?

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 06:53:04 PM »
eartbound the 2 main bandmembers look like mario and luigi.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 07:54:50 PM »
Please stop bumping old topics. I can understand your enthusiasm to post, but please check the date of the last post.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 01:59:18 PM »
More like the Blues Brothers...

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 02:24:11 PM »
the mario tune when you fight master belch
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »
I know I'm bumping this, but in "The Fairly Oddparents!" episode where Timmy goes inside his godparents' fishbowl, about five (give or take a few minutes) in, he enters an arcade, where the music you hear when Mario grabs a super mushroom and grows plays twice & a chop.

Also, in a Mucha Lucha episode I saw a while ago, the main character is playing a computer game with 1-Up Mario noises and coin noises. That's about it for now.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 08:39:49 PM »
Bumps are fine as long as they pertain to the topic. I also have something to add.

At the beginning of Futurama episode #1ACV01 ("Space Pilot 3000"), Fry is playing an arcade game called "Monkey Fracas Jr." He comments:
Quote from: Philip J. Fry
Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.
The game invloves flying a small spaceship past several Saturn-like planets until you get to one large one. A Donkey Kong-like gorilla pops out of the large one and throws barrels at the ship, which the player must shoot or dodge.

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 12:57:56 PM »
Thanks. I have every single Futurama sighting covered (just not posted).

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »
hey in super mario bros there is this guy who looks just like mario! </sarcasm>
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 01:48:03 AM »
In before people screaming at this guy.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 02:06:52 PM »
I found a couple possible Mario references in Pikmin2.  One of the mushrooms you find is called the 'Growshroom'.  According to Olimar's notes, the ship believes that a person will grow giant if they eat it.  Also, the crown that you find looks a lot like Princess Peach's crown.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2006, 05:40:50 PM »
Pikmin 2, eh?

-Bowser appears on the matchbox that Olimar calls "The Flame of Tommorrow".
-The paint tube (forgot what Olimar calls it) has the Mario Paint logo on it's side.

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2006, 05:56:21 PM »
-The paint tube (forgot what Olimar calls it) has the Mario Paint logo on it's side.

It's Decorative Goo. There is also a "Peach Pink" crayon and a Mario Paint eraser.

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2006, 08:00:56 PM »
I know I'm bumping this, but in "The Fairly Oddparents!" episode where Timmy goes inside his godparents' fishbowl, about five (give or take a few minutes) in, he enters an arcade, where the music you hear when Mario grabs a super mushroom and grows plays twice & a chop.

Also, in a Mucha Lucha episode I saw a while ago, the main character is playing a computer game with 1-Up Mario noises and coin noises. That's about it for now.

In American Dragon: Jake Long (I don't like it) there is ALOT of Mario noises in there. I've heard Coin noises, Vine noises, Starman noises, and 1-Up noises.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »
Anybody else see "Sally Forth" from yesterday/today?

Don't blame me for the coloring, I had nothing to do with it.

EDIT - Wait, does "Mario Cameos" only refer to references in other games?  Regardless...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:52:26 AM by Fifth »
Go Moon!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »
Their clothes look a lot like Luigi's getup from the Japanese OVA "The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »
Aww, ya beat me to it, Koj.

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »
My brother was watching Class of 3000 (I was home from college) yesterday on the Cartoon Network and all of a suddan he was like, DONKEY KONG! I looked and that black dude with the ape problem was avoiding the barrels. That was pretty cool. Cartoon Network is famous of putting DK and Mario cameos in their cartoons, so i've heard...
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 09:03:29 PM »
......Who still watches Cartoon Network?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2006, 04:03:20 PM »
Small children and peoples who have poor taste in animated series.

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2006, 05:16:47 PM »
Don't blame me for the coloring, I had nothing to do with it.

Now I could be wrong, but I think the weird coloring might have to do with likeness issues; they changed the coloring around so that people would still recognize the characters but it wouldn't completely infringe Nintendo's copyright.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »
Here's some more:

This could easily be Smash Bros. that they're playing...
Go Moon!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2007, 06:00:23 PM »
I'm glad this topic got revived.  You're right.  That could easily be SSB or Melee

That 'zzappp' part sounds like they were both owned by a CPU Pikachu (or Pichu if they were playing SSBM).  Or, if they were playing SSBM, the kid could have even sent out Zapdos or Raikou.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2007, 06:28:35 PM »
There used to be this show called Mad About You. Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt played a recently married couple that lived in New York City, and they owned a dog. The dog's name was Murray (sp?). Later on in the series, they hired one of their friends to watch the dog temporarliy while they went on vacation, but it ended up that he was going to watch Murray all the time.

Their friend often called Murray many silly names, and I think one time, he said, "Ok, let's go, Super Murray-O"

Mad About You used to come on a block of USA's early morning programming (8am-11:30, or something like that), and I would get up before going to work to watch it. I thought it was funny, and was likely half awake when I thought I heard the Mario cameo, so it may not even be there.

If it's not there, sorry to have wasted your time with a useless post. :/
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2007, 07:13:50 PM »
The post doesn't waste my time.  Pouring through every episode of Mad About You does.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2007, 05:55:04 PM »
Bump time.
This seems to be a Mario cameo. Also, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood is probably the best show for little kids ever.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2007, 07:04:30 AM »
When I was little, I wouldn't have minded Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, but it wasn't my favorite.   But that just creeped me out a little.   I'm still loling at the noobs in the comments that didn't know that Mario used to be a carpenter.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »
Hey, there need to be more people like Mister Rogers; he was a hero.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2007, 01:45:39 PM »
I loved Mr. Rogers when I was little, mostly because of the "Land of Make-Believe" segments. X the Owl was the coolest. :D

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 04:13:14 AM »
Mr. Rogers just let Mario die when the collector showed up! What kind of lesson is that?

ProTip: Down's not really used in this game.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2007, 11:57:34 AM »
Got one! in those new Wii comercials ("Wii would like to play!") You can spot the side of that small white car, on the car door, you can see a picture of a Bullet Bill!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2007, 01:56:09 PM »
ProTip: Down's not really used in this game.
Funny thing is, the kid used down while playing at the beginning.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2007, 07:07:59 PM »
Hmmmm, In about halfway in that video, that office place has a Fire Flower poster on the wall! Tally up another point on the board for me!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007, 03:28:26 PM »
In the part where they go to the farm, as soon as they pull in there are super mushrooms growing by a post!
Also there is a triforce on a sign.
Subliminal messaging?
"it's always the present"

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »
I saw a jeopardy episode around this time last year, with Super Mario as a category.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2007, 01:23:41 PM »
Two words: FRIGGIN" AWESOME!!! I beat no one got any right, did they?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2007, 04:15:47 PM »
I bet even Trebeck had some problems there.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »
According to Nintendo Power (June 2007 Issue), in the upcoming game Simcity DS, Bowser's Castle will be a piece of the Landmark Collection to build in one's city.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »
Bowser's coming back to Simcity?  Awesome!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »
Well, his Castle is, anyway. XD

.. and I think I saw that episode of Jeopardy. I don't think they had a Mario reference and Trebeck pronounced it "Merry-O".
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo Dudley

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »
I know. It was about famous people with the name Mario...

Only if G4 bought jeopardy would I think otherwise...

And they're just hurtin' for more programs...

especially if it's syndicated.

P.S. I think I saw an episode of Dexter's laboratory a few years back. It was about Dexter conning the repair man his parents hired to fix his lab, the guy looked suspiciously like a certain character...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:58 AM »
Speakng about lost cartoons I remember In The PowerPuff Girls two guys rob a bank (as always) They were called the Jackhammer Bros. Or something like that, they had green and red overalls If remember right.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »
I remember seeing Link and Navi (Hail the Mayor for killing Navi!) and Jigglypuff in PPG, but a play on the Marios?  I guess it's possible, since they did put quite a few Nintendo references in that show.
I remember that Dexter's Laboratory episode.  I just never thought much of the similarities, since the guy didn't have any red on him, nor did he have a brother in green working with him.  But now that I think of it, there are some vague similarities.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
Speakng about lost cartoons I remember In The PowerPuff Girls two guys rob a bank (as always) They were called the Jackhammer Bros. Or something like that, they had green and red overalls If remember right.

That was actually "My Life as  Teenage Robot", and those guys had mustaches like Wario and Waluigi, and talked like them too. I also could've sworn I heard the jump sound effect from SMW when they tried to escape from XJ9.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2007, 07:24:20 AM »

I heard there may be a "Goomba" in there somewhere too.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:19 AM »
I've been watching this show called Kappa Mikey lately (I like it's odd humor), and it is chock-full of reference to basically everything. There were these two kids that sounded like and had the same hair as Luffy from One Piece; they were just small, fat, and spoiled due to their father owning the biggest toy store in Tokyo. In one of the most recent (or the most reason) episodes, there is a doctor by the name of Dr. Katashi, who has a name, hair (yellow, though), and a left eye-covering headband that is an exact reference to Kakashi Hatake from the Naruto series.
Anyways...
The Mario cameo. Well, the protagonists in Kappa Mikey are a part of Lily-Mu Studios, which produces the Lily-Mu TV show (yes, a TV show about a TV show). The characters' own video game was just upon release, and they showed what the gameplay looked like in a commercial. What do you know, it was an exact replica of Donkey Kong level-wise; it just had the TV show protagonists fighting Gonard, the antagonist in the TV show, who was throwing barrels at them while two of the antagonists dodged and managed to reach the "princess."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2007, 12:11:25 PM »

I heard there may be a "Goomba" in there somewhere too.
I saw that mentioned on the Angry Video Game Nerd's "Back to the Future" review.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2007, 09:45:22 PM »
I like how the game is so disassociated with the movie that all they can do is stick a logo in the corner to tell you what it is.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2007, 10:06:40 PM »
Well, the hover board and Delorian make an appearance.  The first BttF game had less connections to the movie.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Boo Dudley

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 05:29:26 AM »
Sorry, I failed to mention, that's Back to the Future Part II& III

Boo Dudley

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2007, 04:59:35 PM »
In the premier episode of the Cash Cab: After Dark (It was a little while ago)
One question goes a follows:
"In the Nintendo Entertainment System game, Super Mario Bros., what is the name of Mario's slightly younger brother?"

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2007, 07:36:18 PM »
How about instead of posting them here, you all get us video, pictures, and/or audio of these cameos and we'll post then. Actually, I will personally post them. And you know I'm good with updates and promises!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2007, 09:22:15 PM »
I'll try, but I already posted a picture in the previous page for 'Back to the future part II & III'

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2007, 11:24:23 AM »
Can anyone send us pictures of the Mario bumper stickers in Metroid Prime 3? Though we prefer actual screen shots, digital camera photos would be OK for now, just as long as I can see what they look like.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2007, 08:45:36 PM »
The episode 'Imaginationland' of South Park tonight had a Mario cameo in it.

I was half paying attention when a character informed that the titular land contained every silly idea. I somehow knew..... He was in the audience in the corner in one shot behind a larger creature a bit later. He had an 'E' on his hat for obvious copyright issues.

If I can find a screenshot I'll submit it.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2007, 11:15:52 PM »
He had an 'E' on his hat for obvious copyright issues.

I didn't want to have to be the jerk that got all specific and had to point it out, but I can't help it. It's a sideways "m", not an "E". The mistake is understandable though.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2007, 11:39:47 PM »
Are you sure it's not a sigma?
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2007, 01:29:02 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbgdEN0HRPU

Not sure if this is help any, but it does show that there is more than just a [Super Paper] Mario available. It also reveals that certain stickers come with the data of certain games (i.e. WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Super Paper Mario).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2007, 07:28:31 PM »
Hey, that's pretty neat. I love stuff like that, when the game adds little easter eggs from game data you have...
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2007, 12:33:30 PM »
I was hoping they'd be something along the lines of "I Brake For Metroids" or "Honk if You're Corrupted" or "My Other Car is a Class II GFS Gunship"...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbgdEN0HRPU

Not sure if this is help any, but it does show that there is more than just a [Super Paper] Mario available. It also reveals that certain stickers come with the data of certain games (i.e. WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Super Paper Mario).
Apparently there's a Mario Party 8 sticker on the Wii Play side, but I'm not recognizing what it is exactly.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »
When I get MP3, I really want to get that Triforce sticker, but I don't want to fork over fifty dollars for a game I already have. (I have the GCN version of TP)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2007, 04:02:18 PM »
You can download a TP save, put it on your SD card, and then copy it over to your Wii.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2007, 06:27:47 PM »
You can download a TP save, put it on your SD card, and then copy it over to your Wii.
What? I'm afraid I don't know much about these shortcuts. *sweatdrop*
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2007, 09:12:12 PM »
Well, here's how to do it!

Once you've got your SD card, make a folder called "private," (yes, in lower case), make a folder in that folder called "wii," inside that, "title," inside that, "RZDE," and place the LoZ data in there, named "data.bin."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »
Maybe I'll do that with Mario Party 8 and Excite Truck just to get the stickers. Aside from MP3, those are the only two games I don't have that add stickers. In fact, every Wii game I DO own is on that list...
(I am enjoying Metroid Prime, so I will be getting Corruption after I finish it and Echoes. Thanks, LD.)
It's YOUR problem!

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2007, 06:18:37 PM »
In Maio & Luigi: Superstar Saga, go to Star 'Stache Smash. At the start, look at the doll. :)
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2007, 07:09:11 AM »
This two shots are from Freeware game called Pogo Sticker. Do'h, I've played it for months, but I discover it week ago...  ::)
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

Boo Dudley

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »
I just picked up a copy of Drill Dozer recently. Great game--highly recommend it. One of Jill's alternative costumes(unlocked by code for some reason) is a pair of white gloves, overalls, and a red long-sleeve shirt. However, all alt. costumes are on the menu screen--not in-game. This counts as an allusion, I'm sure.

If I can find the camera, I'll post a screen shot.

Print