Print

Author Topic: Make us our new link banner and win a Gmail invite!  (Read 54906 times)

« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2004, 04:13:06 PM »
No, I didn't mean to copy him.  Mine is based off of a night time level in SMAS:SMB.  I added the mushroom stools because mushroom stools are awesome.  I also used the colours from the mushrooms for the text.  Then I darkened all the sprites so that the text would stand out more.
Trust the Fungus

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2004, 05:52:47 PM »
 Well, so far, many of these banners are excellent. I can't wait to see what Megabyte has to say...

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2004, 06:51:04 PM »
we should do this again for a new 88x31 link button

Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call
Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2004, 10:25:29 PM »
InfinitysEnd: Nice concept, but now the platform for the "T" is even harder to notice than before.

XanderX: Wowowow! My current favorite. We'd like to see a tagline though...

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2004, 10:48:46 PM »
Tagline eh?  Were you looking for a new tagline, or what?

*experiments*

Edited by - XanderX on 10/26/2004 11:19:09 PM

Trust the Fungus

« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2004, 03:04:06 AM »
Meowrk!!

I really like your banners, XanderX!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2004, 08:03:51 AM »
What if the mushroom platform also glowed gold, but when the shine fades with the rest of the color, you can see that it's a mushroom platform?

And I also like tha banner with the night sky.  Night Sky Rocks!

Most good judgement comes from experience.  Most experience comes from bad judgement.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2004, 02:16:09 PM »
I like that idea of the flashing mushroom... but how about this: all of the letters next to the mushroom are the same color of the mushroom?!  They could be yellow with red spots or red with white spots.  And maybe the "I" in kingdom could be a warp pipe.  Just a suggestion.  Megabyte (can't do that code thing) and Deezer  are the real experts here.

These recent ones with the mushrooms are my favorite so far :).

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/27/2004 1:20:10 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2004, 02:53:10 PM »
Deezer, I'm just going to have to disagree with you there.  I think anyone that "can't notice that it's a T" is either completely blind or just not understanding the banner, and that's pretty sad.  YOU know it's a T.  I know it's a T. EVERYONE HERE knows it's a T.  Where are you coming up with this?  If you didn't realize, part of the "Oh! I see!  The "T" is also the mushroom platform!  That's pretty clever!" is basically the reason I did it that way.  I think I've put enough time and effort into these banners (probably more than I should) so I'm just going to stop now.  Good luck to everyone.

Edited by - Infinitysend on 10/27/2004 1:56:05 PM

« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2004, 04:03:35 PM »
I know I said i was stopping, but I just wanted to throw a few taglines at ya: (all at 16K each)

Edited by - Infinitysend on 10/27/2004 3:07:53 PM

« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2004, 05:25:31 PM »
Here is a new one... I don't know if its any help to the whole T fiasco though...

« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2004, 05:31:58 PM »
Before you say it, I know that the tag line doesn't make any sense, or you will say so, So here is one without a tagline.

Edited by - Super-Dino-Yoshi on 10/27/2004 4:32:26 PM

« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2004, 09:13:11 PM »
Hey, when someone wins this contest and talks in the mailbag are they going to have to send in a picture of themself to JJ so they can get their own caricature?

"Kids, don''''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2004, 11:06:20 PM »
InfinitysEnd: Perfect taglines for that style. :D

XanderX: Maybe we'll have to decide on a new tagline or keep the "All about Mario", not sure what I want to do yet.

Super-Dino-Yoshi: Your taglines still don't make any sense.

Yoshisaurus Rex: Who said anything about getting in the mailbag? Though I was considering throwing in a bonus prize of an @themushroomkingdom.net forwarding address, especially because so many banner makers already have Gmail.

« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2004, 08:06:13 AM »
Oh, somehow I got Gmail confused with the mailbag.  Man, I hate how little I know about this computer stuff!  So, sorry to ask this but what is Gmail?

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Print