Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74266 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2005, 05:51:53 PM »
Well, my friend will be able to get his own ticket, so don't worry about that.

I guess if it comes down to it, my friend and I can always get a room in the Furama, or something.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2005, 05:57:56 PM »
Furama?

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
This, perhaps?
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2005, 06:06:47 PM »
That's the one.
It's not particularly close, but you can't argue with $59 a night.

Plus it's likely to have rooms.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2005, 07:56:36 PM »
Wow, that's really cheap. Big place, too. How are the rooms (I take it you've stayed there before)?

It's only about three miles farther from the convention center than the hotel we'll be staying in.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2005, 10:15:11 PM »
They're decent enough.  Nothing extraordinary, nothing squalid.  Just... hotel-y.

One of the most convenient things was the fact that the room contained an empty mini-fridge, and the fact that the hotel was literally next door to a grocery store.

And the bus ride to and from the convention center is a bit of a pain, but bearable.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2005, 11:23:50 PM »
Just to let you guys know, I received confirmation from my dad that he has called the hotel to change the reservation to my name and to add the extra night.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2005, 12:29:29 AM »
A few updates and such:

My plane reservations are now as finalized as the one for the hotel. All that's left is getting a pass to E3, and I'm good to go.

I will be getting about $120 back from the government (i.e. from overpaid income tax), and that will automatically be going to E3. As for the Japan thing, I just turned in the rest of the prolonged application today.*

Today someone asked about sending a package to Bangladesh—but he didn't actually send it. It wasn't dirt, anyway. Sorry, Luigison.

And a couple of late responses:

I intend to call everyone by his or her real name. However, I think that it could be fun to use our Internet names at the show to attract people's attention and/or just to weird them out. (Because we're so used to them that I bet we could pull off using them pretty naturally.)

Chup, Luigison, and Sapph: Yeah, I remember that Sapphira used to live in California. I guess I was just thinking in terms of one shipment per member, with Luigison taking the California one. But I didn't know that Fifth lives there, so I guess it doesn't matter, anyway. Oh, and in addition to that, David lives in Sacramento (where Sapph used to live and where I was born). Will he be going to E3?

Oh, and GoombaDoom, too. But I guess I won't get to see him . . . :(

*One of the reasons I got up at 2:30 a.m. today (yes, I'm approximately dead tired right now) was to write a letter in Japanese to my future host family.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2005, 01:17:09 AM »
If there end up being enough tickets to go around, GoombaDoom (a.k.a Deity) may try to come. If everyone else doesn't mind. :P

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2005, 10:08:16 AM »
It would be really cool if we could get that many tickets. Is there any likelihood of that happening, though?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2005, 12:27:08 AM »
Unknown, captain.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2005, 02:56:11 AM »
Understood, master.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2005, 06:02:42 PM »

It just occurred to me: How many people will be bringing Nintendo DSes to LA? Would I do well to invest my extra funds in one of those so that I can play with you guys?

If the answer to that is yes, then what's the best deal you know of for a new one? The best I've found is $145 after shipping (not including a game). This Buy It Now would beat that figure by far if it didn't completely rob the buyer by charging about $72 for shipping and about $23 for insurance. (It would reasonably take only $10 or $15 to send by Air Letter Post or Air Parcel Post, I'm guessing, and insurance for a lesser fee should be optional.)

It feels to me like this topic needs a new picture. So here are three of the flagpole at my school:

What happened to Sapphira? Has she shown her face in the chat room lately?

Edited by - WAtoad on 2/16/2005 6:11:00 PM

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2005, 06:22:58 PM »
Haven't seen her lately.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2005, 06:54:57 PM »
Oh, I thought you were standing under a giant metallic mushroom until I realized that those were separate pictures.

Print