Poll

Should the federal government do something drastic about private student loans?

Yes, forgive them all
3 (25%)
Yes, forgive some of them
1 (8.3%)
Yes, apply the 10% rule to private student lenders
2 (16.7%)
Yes, other (elaborate)
1 (8.3%)
No, actions have consequences
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Print

Author Topic: Student loan debt: What's the deal with that?  (Read 53859 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:22:59 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 05:00:09 AM »
Apparently, if I sold all of my Mario stuff, I'd be able to pay for both my college debt and my son's future debt.

But anyone can have debt, how many people can have a Super Mario Warp Phone?!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2013, 07:30:20 AM »
I have this one: 

Is this the one you have?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »
Yep! I have the bottom one and a Mario Kart 64 one.

Both still work, surprisingly.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 04:10:08 PM »
In case anyone missed it:  http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/state-of-the-union-2015-obama-plans-to-lower-cost-of-community-college-to-zero/

I know this doesn't help anyone with current college debt, but the future may be brighter...

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 06:25:21 PM »
At the risk of sounding like I was born in le wrong generation, I sure do feel unlucky being born in 1998 and having to deal with all this student loan debt and college stuff. It seems to me like the people born ten years before I was had/have it a lot more fortunately when it comes to "the next step" after high school. I don't know about you folks, but I'm certain that I'm completely stump ****ed unless I go to college, which, by the way, I have very little chance of being able to afford unless I take out loans that'll have me in debt for like a decade after college.

I plan on getting a job a few months after graduating senior year, then holding that job (or any other one) until I'm about 20, at which point I can finally start college and hopefully get some bull[dukar] degree I can use to squeeze my way into a decent-paying job, so that I can live the American Dream.
Relics.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 09:10:03 PM »
Wrong generation and/or wrong country. 

Print