Miscellaneous > The White Mushroom House

GBA conductive pads

(1/2) > >>

CrossEyed7:
So my original GBA has been broken for like seven years now. Too much Sonic Advance 2 and one day the D-pad just couldn't go right anymore.

So a few days ago I finally got around to shelling out 99ยข for a tri-wing screwdriver. And I just now opened up my GBA to look around inside of it, probably because I've been watching a lot of House lately.

The conductive pad under the D-pad is torn on the right button thing, losing its resiliency. I want to get a new one and put it in and make it work just like new. But I can't find any on eBay -- only PSP, DS, and Xbox ones -- and any searches beyond eBay end up on fake linkfarm sites at best. So before I went through the hassle of signing up on the Ben Heck forums and waiting three months for a reply over there, I thought I'd ask around here. Anyone know where you can get those things?

Weegee:
Wouldn't it be much easier -- and possibly cheaper -- to just replace your GBA?

CrossEyed7:
If the GBA pads are comparably priced to the PSP and DS ones, not even close. Maybe $3, compared to $30 or so for a used GBA that has a decent chance of not being more broken and that I can't look at before buying.

It's not like I need a replacement GBA. I have an SP, two Micros, and my girlfriend's GBC. And emulators. It's mostly for sentimental purposes.

WarpRattler:
Definitely way easier to buy a new one, though. My usual site seems to have all but phased out Game Boy stuff - the few remaining items include a couple of replacement shells (none for standard GBA) and some universal external battery packs that happen to work with Game Boy stuff.

Turtlekid1:
You wouldn't happen to be willing to part with one of those Micros, by any chance?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version