Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 146482 times)

« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2014, 06:32:10 AM »
Lessee:

- An entire mode based around tournament rules
- Different skins for Final Destination
- No more transforming for Sheik and Zero Suit Samus
- Solo Charizard
- A lot of emphasis on character rebalancing
- DK has a roll move
- Assorted other characters like Kirby have new or tweaked moves

If they reintroduce Wario and announce that he no longer has janky animation and a bunch of new moves, then I'll start to suspect Sakurai knows about Project M...
Today's PotD:

"Pic of the day. Tether recovery? Yes, you can! And from even longer range than before. Multiple fighters can latch on--who actually grabs hold is determined by the same rules as the standard ledge grab."

Like in PM...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2014, 01:32:36 PM »
So Dillon's an assist trophy. Huge waste.

I don't understand Nintendo. They have this game series that sells systems (other than Pokémon. Other than Mario Kart). This game series is powered by characters and things from other game series. It seems logical to me that for every Luigi's Mansion, Kirby Mass Attack/Canvas Curse, Mario Sunshine, Super Paper Mario and WarioWare, they would want to create completely new protagonists to go with the completely new everything else. They could kick off a new IP every time they send a new gameplay idea on its maiden voyage. That way, next time a Smash Bros. comes around, there would be loads of new material for playable characters to get people excited about. They're obviously not out of game ideas or creativity--even Kid Icarus Uprising could have been, aesthetically, anything else, although that one gets a free pass on this because KI was barely anything before and now it's a lot of things. They just have no faith that anything they make will sell unless they paint it the same as something that already has. Dinosaur Planet and Prince Fluff's Yarn will tell you.

Maybe for some of those, they're right, but what's the real difference between the perception people would have of Nintendo? You already have to watch trailers and Nintendo Directs carefully to tell if they're half-assing something. Nobody was expecting Game & Wario to be a new WarioWare, or Wario Land, or Super Mario Land. The brand recognition that "this is a game with Wario in it" changes almost nothing from what "this is a game Nintendo made" would be if they didn't use existing properties all the time. Their reputation is making reliably good games and sometimes making Yoshi's New Island. I don't think that would be very different if they used new paint on their new concepts.

Sorry, long thoughts. Rip in peace Dillon, still nothing can ruin Greninja and Little Mac being here.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2014, 04:43:42 PM »
Yeah, like how they shoehorned all those Nintendo characters into Dragon King: The Fighting Game. After all, why play as characters you love, know, and give a crud about when you can play as Silver Guy, Blue Guy, Green Guy, and Red Guy!

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »
red guy op
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
Touche, bobby.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2014, 08:53:37 AM »
What the hell are you talking about, Weegee? Everyone knows Red Guy is barely above bottom tier, Blue Guy is even often banned for his absolutely ridiculous Ftilt.
Relics.

« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2014, 07:32:07 AM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2014, 03:48:59 PM »
That model is nowhere near playable character quality. Up to this point every newcomer has been introduced in a trailer.

Wii Fit Trainer is the only character so far from a franchise that didn't exist before Melee. I've got little to complain about next to all that I have to be excited about, but I'm just saying
It's YOUR problem!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2014, 08:40:45 AM »
Get a load of this guy. Supported by Hitler himself.
Adolf Hitler INSIDE MEIN BUNKER IN BERLIN, GERMANY about 1 month ago    Liked 2
This is the greatest petition of all time. Your Führer approves of this
read jitsu wa watashi wa

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2014, 09:00:22 AM »
Uh...?

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2014, 08:45:57 AM »
Just in case somebody was too lazy, I guess. I don't remember why.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #237 on: May 20, 2014, 12:15:38 AM »
Bought Kirby Triple Deluxe yesterday. Included is a sub-game called "Kirby Fighters", which is basically Kirby-versus-Kirby SSB. It's not bad, actually.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:02:50 AM by bobbysq1337 »

« Reply #239 on: May 28, 2014, 03:57:49 PM »
None in my city :(
Relics.

Print