Print

Author Topic: Looking for a bluegrass Mario Bros song I heard on WTMK in 2000s  (Read 10555 times)

« on: July 16, 2023, 01:06:03 PM »
Hey guys, first I'm so glad TMK and the FF are still up. This place holds a special place in my heart, it was one of the first places I liked to hang online out when I was a crazy kid. Not many forums are still around from those days, at least none that I visited.

Anyway, I can't remember the exact date but sometime in the 2000s I was listening to WTMK very often and there was one song that I only heard once or twice that was this Country or Folk or Bluegrass kind of band playing a song about the Mario Bros. It was their own original song, it didn't reference any of the games' theme music. I only remember a bit of the lyrics:

"...he kicks the turtles, he stomps mushrooms ...I'm gonna kill Mario and his brother Luigi, I'll make those *******s pay for what they've done..."

When I first heard it I remember I emailed the band asking if they would send me the song. They encouraged me to buy the album instead. But I was a broke kid, and I couldn't convince my parents that I needed it. Now I've forgotten the band's name, the song name, and all I remember is that chunk of the lyrics and the melody. It still pops into my head every once in a while, and I try to find it but never have any luck.

Does anyone know this song?

------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 09:16:59 PM »
Welcome back!

The song is "Italian Plumber Lawsuit" by The Woodbox Gang.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ZXz9DYlyY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ZXz9DYlyY</a>

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 12:10:45 PM »
That's definitely it!

"My blood curdles when I think of those poor turtles" it's great to finally hear it again after only hearing it on WTMK years ago.

Thank you!
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Print