Print

Author Topic: Mario of the Future!!!! OHHHHHHHHHH!  (Read 41822 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2002, 05:09:29 PM »
Some people have been telling me that the next system will either be called Nintendo 255(Where in the Mushroom Kingdom did they get this??), or simply, the GameCube 2.

I really don't believe either of it. Personally, I prefer Super GameCube, because it reminds me of the awesome Super Nintendo.

Oh, and to all the people who talk about the release date of the next Nintendo system. Didn't Shigeru Miyamoto said that he wanted to support the GameCube for eight years?

Nintendo, Born To Play.
"Here We Go!"
- Mario

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 12:27:51 AM »
It's called the Wii.
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 04:15:21 PM »
I... don't think that was common knowledge in 2002.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 05:04:10 PM »
I know hehe. But there has been speculation of a Switch Mini. Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:05:58 PM by Lakitu »

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 09:09:57 PM »
a switch mini like that is as likely to happen as me sprouting a third arm and liking final fantasy vi
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
No one saw the DSi, New 3DS or 2DS coming. Especially the New 2DS. Anything could happen, but very unlikely. (But not impossible.)

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »
a switch mini is certainly possible but
like that?
no
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 01:05:42 AM »
Adding also the Wii mini.

Yeah. I agree that it probably won't look like that.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 09:09:33 PM »
I still say a Switch Mini would keep the joycons. I don't think they'd save enough on manufacturing to make it worth leaving out the central selling point of the console. Move the Home and Capture buttons a bit and you can cut the bottom off the joycons to make the tablet about the size of a smartphone, and it'd be about as comfortable as a non-XL DS/3DS. Maybe figure out some way to make clickable circle pads instead of sticks to make it more pocketable.

But I mean it's probably going to be a while before the Switch's architecture can be miniaturized that much and still have a decent battery life, so who knows where things'll go by then?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
Also on topic, I remember hearing that the console after the Gamecube would be called the Nintendo Magma or the Nintendo Go (which would have been pretty neat since it was the fifth Nintendo console and go means five).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2017, 02:34:34 AM »
I still say a Switch Mini would keep the joycons. I don't think they'd save enough on manufacturing to make it worth leaving out the central selling point of the console.

The 2DS did.

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 02:37:01 AM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 07:23:15 PM »
The 2DS did.
True, but 3D was a much less substantial gimmick than hybridness, and never really caught on the way that using the Switch as both a console and handheld has so far. And it also required changing the name of the console in a way that was rather confusing to average consumers, which I'd like to think they'll try to avoid in the future.

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »
True, but 3D was a much less substantial gimmick than hybridness, and never really caught on the way that using the Switch as both a console and handheld has so far. And it also required changing the name of the console in a way that was rather confusing to average consumers, which I'd like to think they'll try to avoid in the future.

True but if they did do a mini, the joy-cons would be too easy to lose. They'd probably keep them attached. They wouldn't need to change the name either.

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
It's always nice seeing blasts from the past such as this.
Relics.

Print