Print

Author Topic: 10 reasons why SSBM is a great game  (Read 7379 times)

« on: August 23, 2002, 06:38:21 AM »
I will go 10 to 1 why Super Smash Bros Melee isagreat game.

10. The Homerun Hammer I mean it is not a super bloody machine gun that wil blow you out of the ring but stil a trusty weapon.

9. Homerun mode I can play that mode all day well formaybe 2 hours at the most.

8. The cars I have those cars help me alot beating my friends they rule The ones in the circuit stage are alot better to use though but the Ness ones are okay.

7. Fountain Of Dreams stage That stage is beautiful is it not?

6. The adventure mode. I love going through fighting the multiple enemies in that stage iI love that mode.

5. Kirby he has that great copying power he is a great charactor.

4. The Kongo Jungle song I love that song it is great.

3. The trophie things. I like all those little things They are so cool.

2. Link my bestfighter he rules at beating enemies The best charactor on the whole game if you take my opinion.

1. The fact it is a nintendo game I loooove thatnintendo made this game It just prooves they are the best.

Well thats it

I am the Ninja who stealthfully approaches you to slice your throat. I am the coffee you are drinking. I am the destroyer or the healer. I will be the last person you will see. I am not a demon I am just a Renagade.
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 10:25:02 AM »
Homerun Hammer? What's that?

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 11:05:47 AM »
Whoops I meant to say super hammer or whatever it is called. It blows you away in a instant.

I am the Ninja who stealthfully approaches you to slice your throat. I am the coffee you are drinking. I am the destroyer or the healer. I will be the last person you will see. I am not a demon I am just a Renagade.
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 12:28:43 PM »
In response to "10 reasons why SSBM is a great game":

10. That was in the original, mate.

9. Odd boy.

8. Very nice. Though I really can't see how cars are a reason for it to be a great game.

7. I can agree there. Some of the scenery was good, but a lot of it reeked of laziness.

6. Fun the first time.

5. Kirby is a great character. A wonderful character. But the game was supposed to have ALL of Nintendo's great characters in it. And it didn't.

4. You are SICK.

3. A nice addition, but nothing special.

2. This is a Mario site, mate... We don't take too kindly to ZELDA fans, here...

1. HAL made it.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 02:16:48 PM »
I can say what I want I do mot have to agree with you I have my own opinion. I can like Zelda and the Kongo Jungle song. I can think it is a great game and sa that nintendo made it. I have my own opinion so **** off

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 02:20:59 PM »
10. The Homerun Hammer I mean it is not a super bloody machine gun that wil blow you out of the ring but stil a trusty weapon. (And? It's a trust weapon in SSB)

9. Homerun mode I can play that mode all day well formaybe 2 hours at the most. (Why?)

8. The cars I have those cars help me alot beating my friends they rule The ones in the circuit stage are alot better to use though but the Ness ones are okay. (Whoopdie doo)

7. Fountain Of Dreams stage That stage is beautiful is it not? (Wow.)

6. The adventure mode. I love going through fighting the multiple enemies in that stage iI love that mode. (You mean the mode that is 0% different and has no changes from the first time you play it?)

5. Kirby he has that great copying power he is a great charactor. (He's no fun anymore)

4. The Kongo Jungle song I love that song it is great. (Woooow.)

3. The trophie things. I like all those little things They are so cool. (They took up space.)

2. Link my bestfighter he rules at beating enemies The best charactor on the whole game if you take my opinion. (And because you're good at him the game is?)

1. The fact it is a nintendo game I loooove thatnintendo made this game It just prooves they are the best. (Yoshi's Story.)

Mario Wars coming soon...
Mario Wars coming soon...

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2002, 02:24:20 PM »
Man forget you I can have my opinion so be like a egg in a bowl and beatit hoser. Oh and I dont care what you think I can say whta I wanyt. Peace out losser

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2002, 03:16:06 PM »
Was that an insult to Yoshi's Story, Baby Wario? It better not have been... If it was I'll slit yer face.
Axem Green, it's no good you posting your opinions up on a message board and then complaining when people respond to what you think.

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Kai

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2002, 03:23:35 PM »
I agree, I see that happening a lot.

-------------------------
-Dude, I Rock! (Medabots)
-------------------------
-Dude, I Rock! (Medabots)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2002, 10:27:00 PM »
1. Shut yer face, Baby Wario. (Or keyboard as the case may be.) Same goes for you, Waddle_Dedede.
2. Those are fine reasons, just some of them, I would not pick.
3. Zelda games are good. I am a Mario and Zelda and lots of other stuff fan.
4. The game has all good characters... except the Pokemon.
5. Hal is a sub-company of Nintendo.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2002, 02:32:14 AM »
1. Shut YER face.
2. Fine reasons or not, it doesn't matter - I'll still respond.
3. If you're referring to my Zelda comment, that was a joke.
4. Ehem! Fire Emblem... Ice Climbers... And no sign of Banjo and Kazooie (amongst others). "Nintendo's All-Stars", indeed...
5. Yeah, yeah, HAL are second party - whatever - I was only splitting hairs.

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2002, 06:11:43 AM »
Well shut yer face waddle_dedede no one asked for a dumb opinnion. Hal is a sub of nintendo cu if they were not they would not have license to the charactors. So bite me hoser.

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2002, 06:13:53 AM »
Oh nad your so scary with your threat. I might of not complained if you would of just said something nice. Kai you can just screw a donkey or something cuz if you would agree with a low life sucka like that oh god I couls not believe it. But anyone who wants to stand by me with my ideas be my guest.

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2002, 08:19:46 AM »
Alright, alright, Axem. I apologise if you're at all offended by what I think. I have no quarrel with you, good sir knight. Let's not get at each other's throats because of a petty disagreement over the merits of a computer game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2002, 05:10:52 PM »
And what's wrong with Fire Emblem and Ice Climber? You seem to have a problem. Or be like maladjusted or something.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2002, 05:36:15 PM »
Well... I suppose some people might like 'em (I don't) - but the fact is they're certainly NOT Nintendo All-Stars. For HAL to include them and yet omit others is, to be honest, just silly. I'd say less if the game didn't purport to have "Nintendo's All-Stars" in it. I should have said "A few of Nintendo's All-Stars, plus some characters you've never heard of" or "The characters we could get the licences for".

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2002, 06:49:52 PM »
Here's my 10:

10. You can't just randomly hit buttons and expect to win, so I easily beat little kids
9. Bowser
8. Adventure Mode
7. A 3-D Eggplant Man from Wrecking Crew
6. Mr. Game and Watch
5. Camera mode is a great way to see hidden parts of stages
4. They kept the classic Mushroom Kingdom stage
3. Trophies
2. Excellent character models

And the number one reason I think SSBM is a good game:

1. Princess Peach's (and Daisy's) undies

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2002, 10:14:17 PM »
That would be almost perfect for David Letterman. Yeah, your #1 is a good reason.
:-P Attention to detail is good... exceptionally good...

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2002, 10:36:47 PM »
Here's mine:

10. The Event Matches
9. Lotsa good stages
8. Lotsa Mario characters (and other good ones too)
7. The graphics are awesome
6. You can really smack around them dumb Pokemons
5. Motion-Sensor Bombs
4. The Home Run Bat
3. Adventure Mode
2. The whole thing is just plain fun!!!
1. PEACH (she's good, cute, and ...uhh...)

That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2002, 12:56:40 AM »
heres mine.
1.link
2.young link
3.zelda
4.ganondorf
5.great bay
6.hyrule temple
7.heart container
8.the goron trophy
9.sarias song
10.ALL THE ZELDA STUFF

they should have made an epona trophy

Mario:Ive quit my job as a plumber and i''ve become a sleasy pizzaman
Snifit:Id like a large with double mushrooms please.
Mario:here you go.
Snifit:This pizza tastes like @$$ and i feel funny now.
Mario:Well i didnt want to go and pick fresh grade A mushrooms case i''d have to drive a few miles to the supermarket Instead I bought the red ones from some drug dealin kid, and i picked the white ones from the little spot in my backyard where yoshi does his business.
Snifit:AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2002, 05:40:51 AM »
And here's my reasons why Luigi's Mansion is better (I'm going to be popular after this...):
10) Luigi actually looks like Luigi (as opposed to Mario with a stretched face).
9) The enemies are all hilarious (ie not wire-frame men).
8) Luigi finally gets a theme tune.
7) A lot of attention-to-detail in terms of scenery.
6) Prof. E Gadd!
5) A GREAT (albeit a little short) ending.
4) An even-greater ending (credits) music.
3) The game isn't ridiculously similar to any previous games.
2) Not a Pokemon in sight.
1) Charles Martinet did the PROPER Luigi voice!!

...Now, please throw sausages at me.

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2002, 06:02:05 AM »
Yeah Zelda rox They should of made a sheik oh thats riht they did silly me. All the line ups are good so far oh and kai shut yr face bwahahaha

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2002, 11:08:51 AM »
did you say "they should make a sheik, oh they did, silly me?

are you taking after big gay al

Mario:Well i didnt want to go and pick fresh grade A mushrooms case i''d have to drive a few miles to the supermarket Instead I bought the red ones from some drug dealin kid, and i picked the white ones from the little spot in my backyard where yoshi does his business.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2002, 11:29:23 PM »
Waddle Dedede, I agree Luigi's Mansion is great, but it's not better than SSBM. I'd say they're about the same goodness level (11/10).

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/25/2002 10:29:51 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2002, 10:33:09 AM »
Hey I am not taking after big gay al you are starman. That came out of nowhere you should npt say crap like that

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2002, 02:20:20 PM »
what?

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2002, 02:23:27 PM »
big gay al is the only male that says "oh silly me"

everyone else is taking after him
like you

dont say anything or the flame war will commense

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2002, 03:24:40 PM »
Screw you Starman I am not gay

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2002, 03:24:41 PM »

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2002, 03:24:44 PM »

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2002, 06:13:10 PM »
"screw you starman i am not gay"

See that sentence!
First he says he wants to screw me, then he says hes not gay!!!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Print