Print

Author Topic: South Park offensive to gamers?  (Read 15171 times)

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2006, 08:28:26 PM »
You know, since I'm not going to try to change the views on Drawn Together here, I would like to ask. Have any of you watched more than an episode? Beyond season 1? I will admit they use a ton of shock humor but to say there's no clever humor is downright wrong. It's there, but you have to look beyond Clara's blind prejudice and Spanky Ham's love of alcohol and sex. For example, the references to Ray Bradbury's short stories. Or the episode where the VeggieTales characters went on a rampage (I'm sure smfan1028 would've definitely hated that episode). I'd say the hate is similar to the type that The Simpsons and South Park both faced when they first came out. Society's taboo touched upon in a humorous way that may offend certain people.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2006, 09:42:57 PM »
I didn't see the beginning of Drawn Together, so I really don't feel like watching it. I definitely don't think it's terrible, because I can't give an opinion on it. I'd have to watch a few episodes (but, I'm lazy, and the only shows on TV I really watch anymore are South Park, and Heroes).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 01:04:45 PM »
Eh, Drawn Together's okay, but not nearly in the same league as South Park. The most recent episode with Cartman acting like Dog the Bounty Hunter was hilarious.
every

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2006, 08:29:16 PM »
It's no use arguing with you people. Nothing I say will change what you think. :P

The only thing I'll say at this point is that I believe it was in fact aired on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, as well as on the day before it. [Link]
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2006, 09:56:56 PM »
Exactly. Trust me, I've tried it, and it don't work.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2006, 10:17:04 PM »
It's no use arguing with you people. Nothing I say will change what you think. :P

Pretty much. Like, 90% of your beliefs are extremely diifferent from mine. :P
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »
Pretty much. Like, 90% of your beliefs are extremely diifferent from mine. :P

Are you guys going to make out?

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2006, 10:36:29 PM »
They're already using tongue.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2006, 10:12:28 AM »
Ooooh! Oh no he di'int!
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2006, 02:26:35 PM »
Has anybody but me noticed that Homestar Runner's populariy seems to have fallen off this board's radar? I remember back when everyone had some sort of H*R reference in thier sig.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »
If by "everyone" you mean 3 or 4 people, than yes, I remember as well.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2006, 05:15:11 PM »
The ads running on TMK for Drawn Together were enough to put me off the show, even if I would have considered watching it before that. (I wouldn't have.)
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »
If by "everyone" you mean 3 or 4 people, than yes, I remember as well.

Maybe my memory if faltering. But then again, there were less users around here back then.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2006, 01:19:48 PM »
Homestar Runner references have become cliche. I remember back when it was practically mandatory to make a Homestar Runner reference or thread. I mean, HSR's funny, but sorta tired.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2006, 05:22:27 PM »
I guess HSR popularity as a whole has started to plummet. Yet I still follow it.

Print