Print

Author Topic: Console condition  (Read 10180 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 01:28:20 PM »
The joysticks on my N64 controllers are very loose, but you can guess why that is.  And only one of my 3 SNES controllers works perfectly.

My Gamecube is in great condition, though I did only get it two years ago.  I'm like Vid, I usually don't end up getting a system until later years.  My original grey Gameboy, purchased from an older friend, still works well, though I do have to blow on the cartriges from time to time.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 05:15:13 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 01:32:53 PM »
Atari 7800: Works excellently; some broken plastic on the inside. Otherwise shiny.
NES: Still practically new.
TurboGrafx-16: Missing the odd plastic shell that covered the back end of the system, and the RF jack only works if you have the plug in at exactly the right angle, or foil in the jack or something. Due to be fixed.
Game Boy: Good exterior condition, however unbeknownst to me at the time of purchase, the speaker doesn't work, just the headphones. Due to be fixed.
SNES: Minor chipping to some corners, modified to accept Japanese cartridges. No discolorations.
Virtual Boy: Excellent shape, missing stand.
Virtual Boy #2: One eye scrambled. Missing foam shield. Part of stand that attaches to VB is present.
N64: Like new. Controller slightly loose.
GBA: Excellent shape, plastic worn from fingers.
PS2: Some marks on outside. Due to be cleaned.
GCN: Same as it was when I took it out of the box but dustier, nameplate was scratched when I bought it brand new.
DS: Outside is worn, hinge slightly loose, headphone jack permanently "on" due to freak rain storm. Due to be fixed.
Wii: Like new. I have noticed slight yellowing of the rubber on the nunchuk's analog stick.
That was a joke.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 01:52:32 PM »
SNES: Great condition but dusty and rather discolored (must shake, blow on, etc. games to work). Only one controller, but original and works great
N64: Awesome condition but dusty (must shake, blow on, etc. games to work). Two original controllers with rather flimsy analog sticks, but doesn't affect gameplay
GBA: Missing battery door, but otherwise great condition.
DS: Perfect condition, just scratches on the touch screeen (expected) and the Nintendo label has a slight peel to it
I will also note that every game I own for each system is in excellent working condition.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 02:06:59 PM »
Atari 7800: Broken. In a box upstairs.
NES: Perfect condition, tnohign broken
Other NES: Again perfect working conditon. Alas, the power adapter has a piece of tape holding it togther.
GBP: Buttons are faded, mussing the battery back piece of plastic, stickers all peeled off, corners faded. ( I played a lot of Pokemon)
N64: Basically new, but the controllers are all suffering from the loose-joystick syndrome (boo).
GCN: Basically new
Wii: PLease come to me soon. I've been saving for you!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 04:03:12 PM »
I'm like Vid, I get systems once the hype has died off.

What are you talking about? I've been trying to get the system ever since it was released. You're not like me at all.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 05:13:56 PM »
Oh whoops.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »
I put the system AND its color. XD

My GameBoy Color(purple): Batteries taken out to power a spinny light-sho thing I got at the circus, no longer used, don't know where it is.

My first GBASP(silver): Scratched up with little doodles and various accounts of my signature, trade link slot broken, sticker on bottom peeled off(my fault), resides in my dresser drawer.

My second GBASP(ice blue): Still like new, hardly ever used except to play GameBoy Color games, resides in my game pouch.

My DS(navy blue): Touch screen is all dirty but is still in working condition, stylus chewed on(my fault), resides in my game pouch.

My N64(black XP): Dusty, resides in my bedroom.

My GameCube(purple): Air vent dusty and dirty, resides in my bedroom.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 07:28:39 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 06:18:36 PM »
If you try to chew on a DS stylus again you'd break all your little teeth off!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 06:26:15 PM »
No, I've chewed on mine. My teeth are not broken as a result of it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 06:37:42 PM »
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:45:10 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 06:48:43 PM »
Who chews on styluses? that's gross!

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 07:07:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's a bad habit sort of thing, because people will also chew on pencils.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 07:20:55 PM »
All system conditions are from memory and actual results may vary.

Game Boy- Still works, scratched up a bit.
NES- Appears to be in decent physical condition overall, although the 72-pin connector is a different story. Does not work. Controllers are almost unfunctional.
Game Boy Color- Numerous scratches on screen (and on the Game Boy Color itself), dirty, smudged screen, still works. In my brother's possession
Sega Genesis- Near-perfect working condition, albeit loose buttons on controller. Currently located in Omaha, Nebraska.
Sega Game Gear- Still works, as far as I know. Lacks the required 6 batteries.
Game Boy Advance- Bought used: Scratches on screen, dirty, lacks cover for battery compartment (came with rechargable battery pack). Currently in my brother's possession.
Nintendo 64- Dead. Fried by lightning.
Nintendo 64 #2- Perfect working condition. Minimal physical damage. Probably still one of my favorite systems. Highly coveted (at least, the games are. My friends all want to buy my second copies of smash bros. and Goldeneye). Controllers' joysticks a bit loose; moreso in transparent purple controller.
Game Boy Advance SP- Near-perfect physical condition. Slight discoloration/peeling of labels on the back. Screen a tad dirty. Rarely used anymore (although I couldn't put it down after I got Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance).
Xbox- Perfect working condition. Controller a bit banged up. Probably going to last a while.
PS2- Perfect working condition. Used to have problems with DVDs but not anymore. Controller's X button getting a bit sticky. Hopefully going to last a while (darn Sony, making easily-breakable stuff).
Nintendo DS- Perfect physical condition (sans screens). Works like a charm for DS games. Sometimes doesn't read GBA games, but that's fixable by removing and re-inserting the game. Touch screen has one or two big scratches, with many tiny, unnoticable ones near middle of screen, but practically flawless compared to screens of other people's DSs that I've seen. Screens a bit dirty here and there, with dirt lining the screen's edge. L and R buttons a teensy bit loose.

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 07:23:46 PM »
I didn't actually chew on my stylus, I just developed a bad habit of holding it in my mouth when I wasn't using it. ^^;

Indigo.

It looks purple to me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 07:26:33 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 08:20:18 PM »
The box (and NOA) stated that the color is supposed to be indigo.

Print