Print

Author Topic: Mario references in Zelda: Wind Waker  (Read 11294 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2003, 08:53:55 PM »
If anything, fox's zoom goggles are probably a copy of banjo's amaze-o-gaze goggles, that let you zoom in and out. just 'cause both games were made by rare. but I haven't REALLY played star fox adventures so I'm not sure if it's even the same thing.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2003, 12:45:23 AM »
Hmm... Weird how many Rare games have some sort of tool that you can use for zooming... Goldeneye and Perfect Dark both had sniper rifles, as did Jet Force Gemeni, Donkkey Kong 64 had an upgrade to the waepons that let you zoom, and then there's Banjo-Tooie and Star Fox Adventures.

Rare and their zooming.

Oh, and slightly more on topic, there is one guy on the flight control platform who has a pointy moustache like Waluigi's, but I think he's actually supposed to resemble some aeronaut (whose name escapes me at the moment.)

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2003, 06:57:23 PM »
Talking about Mario References,I might have found something in OOT....

Talon looks like mario,Ingo is luigi & malon is peach.Look closely!

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2003, 07:38:20 PM »
Everybody knows that.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2003, 08:37:13 PM »
So much for my discovery....

Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2003, 08:40:09 PM »
And they're all wearing Bowser medallions.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2003, 08:52:05 PM »
I played Wind Waker at Best Buy, and I found the graphics to be pretty cool. (I mean it really DOES look like an animated movie.) Unfortunately, I'll never get to buy it NOR rent it 'til I get my GCN privilages back.  *Sigh*...  I've lost it since late January. I guess for now, playing it at Best Buy'll have to do.

(Sorry this is off topic)
BTW, in mentioning SM64, I found that game really hard (I STILL can't get more than 100 Stars), yet I found SMS to be easier--probably 'cuz of the better control.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2003, 12:47:19 AM »
"Can Link zoom in on stuff in Majora's Mask? (I haven't played it.)"
– Chupperson

I think Link can zoom when he uses the telescope in the observatory, but I'm not positive about that. The TV that my N64 is hooked up to is in use at the moment, so I cannot check to make sure right now.

I posted in BORED!! With a pinch of salt.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2003, 03:36:35 PM »
The Wind Waker is just great. It has so many side quests.
 n/a

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2003, 03:41:57 PM »
As I live in Australia,I gotta wait till may to get my Wind Waker game...at least I ordered it!Ill just have to keep going to Kmart & Target to play it...actually just Target,Kmart wont fix there GC there or turn it on, i dunno!

Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2003, 09:15:37 PM »
SM64... hard?
Hoo heh... um...
Well, whatever...
I find that if you try enough times, any star is easier to get.
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2003, 05:05:57 PM »
My brother just told me that one of the pirates in The Wind Waker has a Chain Chomp necklace.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2003, 06:38:33 PM »
Well a lot of the Stars are really EASY to get, but there's several that I can't seem to get, particularly in getting all 8 red coins in the Bowser levels (You have to get them all AND defeat Bowser w/o dying.)

I don't know. It's weird. Some games I can beat no prob that people struggle with, but others that are 'easier' are harder.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2003, 08:21:43 PM »
If SM128 did come with the SM64 bonus disk, it would be cool if the could modify it so that you can play Luigi! Because the GCN disk holds more memory.......right?

That would be awesome!

Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2003, 09:32:52 PM »
A GameCube disc is equal to 190 copies of Super Mario 64.

Sapphira, you don't have to do both things at once. You can get all 8 red coins and get the star, and quit the course.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Print