Print

Author Topic: <3 Valentine's Day Thread <3  (Read 64111 times)

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »
I haven't seen anybody in here yet to exhibit any kind of behavior close to that end of the love spectrum, maybe in the middle, or off towards that spectrum.  I hope people understand I'm not saying that all love sucks, and you hopeless if you think it doesn't.  Because I'm not trying to say that.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2007, 04:50:34 PM »
I've had an epiphone today.  No, no longer am I the pessimistic superstarMASIAH you have once know.  For I went to the mall today.  As I was walking through the mall gazing at all the pretty girls and flashy merchandise, I was walking behind a girlfriend+boyfriend couple.  I couldn't help but overhear their conversation.  The girl was complaining to the boy about how he walked and that he drags his feet everywhere they go.  Then it struck me, a moment of clarity, like when adam realized he was naked( except in a more fortunate situation).  It is a lot better to be lonely than to be in a relationship that sucks, or in more extreme cases an abusive relationship.  So I now say horray for lonliness, because it could be a lot worse than that.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2007, 05:07:11 PM »
I've had an epiphone today.
You had a guitar? Anyway, I guess that's good.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2007, 07:55:06 PM »
Number A, it's epiphany, and Number B, haven't you claimed to have stopped being a sad sack before? Better yet, that assessment you made is completely asinine.

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2007, 08:07:45 PM »
Excuse me, but do you even know what the heck you're talking about?  It makes perfect sense, its so obvious that it has to make sense.  I never really noticed it untill now, I guess thats why I was awestruck when I thought of it.  If there is anything foolish about anything in here right now it is that you don't agree with it.  I mean sure it still sucks that you aren't with anyone, but when you see stuff like that, it kinda makes me glad I'm not with somebody.  It puts everything in balance.   And seriously, who are you?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2007, 08:10:48 PM »
I'm The Chef, and I think you put way too much thought into your conclusion, even though it's already been established in this thread that that's not even the reason that it's OK to be single.

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2007, 08:11:42 PM »
Come on, guys. Don't start flaming each other. It's not healthy....but if you want to continue, you could PM or IM.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2007, 08:14:28 PM »
We didn't exactly flame each other Pt, we just sort got into a debate on a useless subject.

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »
Enlighten me, I hope you don't think I wanted somebody because of what either people thought of me.  Only saying that because I'm not sure if you were implying it or not, but it sounded it.  And if you are you're wrong, and stepping on dangerous ground.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2007, 08:23:33 PM »
I didn't think that. I just thought you overthought the subject when the answer to your predicament was already spoken of in the thread. You never seem to listen to us.

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2007, 08:26:17 PM »
I was asking you all NOT to turn this into a flame war. I don't want to interfere in you alls business, though, so whatever.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2007, 08:28:50 PM »
This isn't a flame war.  It's an intellegent debate, that hasn't nearly been reduced to such childish methods such as flaming.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2007, 08:55:23 PM »
I mean sure it still sucks that you aren't with anyone, but when you see stuff like that, it kinda makes me glad I'm not with somebody.

I believe I also expressed my dislike for this type of idiocy earlier in the thread.
That was a joke.

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2007, 09:01:10 PM »
Well, it makes you feel a little better, thats all I can say.  Almost to point where, hey, you don't really need anybody anymore.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2007, 10:41:22 PM »
So, earlier in the week I finally realised that I have much bigger fish to fry than looking for love (especially in my early 20s). Granted, this is about the third time I realised that in the last 4 or 5 months, but it felt good to not beat myself up (often literally) over something like that. I think my hangup was my relative inexperience compared to most people I know. I don't know.

Last Friday, I kissed a girl for the first time. Irony pops up in the strangest places.

PS: Ya, this thread's getting kind of bleh with the direction it's going. Keep it civil, please. Thanks.
~I.S.~

Print