Print

Author Topic: I personally believe...uhh, the Iraq...  (Read 8241 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 11:10:55 PM »
It's funny that people in this country think we're the best country in the world. What's even funnier is when people think we're ahead of the times.

Guess what people!

Many countries have already had female leaders. Many countries have had black leaders. Many have had black female leaders, a double minority! We're only JUST NOW opening up to the idea of having those kinds of leaders.

A handful of countries allow same-sex marriage. Currently, only one state in this country allows it, with possible states in the northeast and the southwest allowing it in the future.

It appears to ME that other countries are ahead of the times, while we're only starting to get the ball rolling on stuff like this. It looks like there's more freedom in those countries than here.

Be a patriot if you'd like, to a fairly stubborn country. Just know I'm not going to be a patriot with you. :)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 11:24:59 PM »
There's nothing wrong with liking where you live and being proud of it. I mean, nothing is perfect, so a patriot is someone that knows America needs help, not someone who is crazy and devoted to their country. That's nationalism, which is pretty scary.

Personally, I call myself a patriot.

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 12:56:31 AM »
It's funny that people in this country think we're the best country in the world.
Refresh my memory: what is the real best country in the world?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 03:07:31 PM »
Cana-dia.
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 03:29:57 PM »
There's nothing wrong with liking where you live and being proud of it. I mean, nothing is perfect, so a patriot is someone that knows America needs help, not someone who is crazy and devoted to their country. That's nationalism, which is pretty scary.

Personally, I call myself a patriot.

That's the point I've been trying to get across, but people think I'm a patriot for what America is today. Heck no.

And Glorb gets a sticker. Canadia, with all of their Canadanians is indeed the best country.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 03:33:45 PM »
Refresh my memory: what is the real best country in the world?

Australia, 'cause they don't have to worry about getting nuked.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 06:38:07 PM »
Yeah. They're already frying, what with the hole in the O-zone layer and all..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 02:42:16 AM »
Australia has to worry about terrorism as well; I can't really think of any countries that are totally immune.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print