Print

Author Topic: Mormons  (Read 34133 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 02:30:42 AM »
I know a Mormon. Catholic, myself.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 10:31:55 AM »
What powers do the magic undergarments give you?

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 01:22:12 PM »
Being Mormon, I must say we're pretty darn normal.

Wow.  I created this thread to find out what people thought about us and to see if I could lure any other Mormons out.  That said I'm Mormon.  And we are normal we just have some suggestions which many people consider as harsh rules.

1) We do get special undergarments once we hit a certain age and such, but it is in no way magic.

Are you reffering to the temple garments?
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »
I have a friend at my school who's a Mormon. He's really nice, and so far the only times he's brought up his religion are when people act like jerks and make multiple-wives jokes.
every

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »
What powers do the magic undergarments give you?
Invincibility.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 10:28:44 PM »
Undergarments with the Boo_penguin power beat the pants off of magic Mormon undergarments.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 11:12:07 PM »
How did anyone get the idea that Mormon's wear magic underwear?
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 11:39:03 PM »
I'm curious as to how anybody could believe the Book of Mormon. It just... doesn't make sense.

But then, people aren't usually converted through it, from what I know.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 11:42:10 PM »
I'd wager that a lot of stuff in any religious text doesn't make sense.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 12:51:32 AM »
I'm curious as to how anybody could believe... ANY FREAKIN' RELIGION they all make no sense.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 01:30:01 AM »
I guess that's the point of religion, to test if you believe in it...or something of that sort, maybe.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 01:38:05 AM »
Lizard Dude is right. No religion really makes sense. But neither does...

(This is actually an image of the Cat's Eye Nebula)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 02:14:41 AM »
Yeah, which is why they've pretty much had to discard it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2007, 03:54:25 AM »
The Big Bang Theory is totally not pretty much discarded, dude. Or if it is, someone should have told my college where I got a physics minor that.

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 09:23:06 AM »
"Basically...out of all the ridiculous religion stories—which are greatly, wonderfully ridiculous—the silliest one I've ever heard is...yeah...there's this big giant universe and it's expanding, it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all just here 'just 'cause...just 'cause. That, to me, is the most ridiculous explanation ever." -Trey Parker

As difficult as it is to believe Religion, with it's fairy tale-like stories and stuff, I find it extremely hard to believe that everything acts on it's own just...just because, without Anyone or Anything that existed before time itself to set it in motion. It's like the Law of Gravity, we're not sure why it does what it does, or why it's even here in the first place, so the only thing we can come up with is "It just does," or "It just is."

BTW, the guy who came up with the Big Bang Theory was a Roman Catholic priest. Here he is. What I really hate is when people tell me I can't love both Science and Religion, since the guy that came up with the scientific theory to our existence was a man of God.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:41:19 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print