Print

Author Topic: Mormons  (Read 34131 times)

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2007, 10:00:08 PM »
B: Brain wash
R:Really
A:Alters
I:Inside
N:naive

W: W-People's
A:A-Brain
S: System
H: HI!

Okay Chad, I solved the puzzle! What do I win!?
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2007, 10:32:46 PM »
Touche', Lizard Dude.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2007, 11:24:37 PM »
Even if it is brainwashing, I really don't mind, since I actually have more trust in Jesus than all the logic in the world.

I do not, however, find it necessary to go to church or follow the church's way of teaching. In my opinion, the church is made by man and man alone and should not reflect the opinions and beliefs of the people who attend. Because the church was made by man, it has a tendency to become corrupt.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2007, 11:26:38 PM »
I take it there are no black Mormons? Tell you what... you spiel that "black because of their ancestors' sins" line to the NAACP crowd and see how things go.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »
Even if it is brainwashing, I really don't mind
Duh, that's how brainwashing works.

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2007, 11:31:59 PM »
I chose to be a Christian. Despite all the education and logic in the world, I still kept true to my faith. Does that make it brainwashing?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2007, 11:34:01 PM »
Religious Discussion doesn't really mix work well with the Internet. Now we're just typing in caps and telling eachother that we're wrong. Can this board disappear?

Please?
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2007, 11:34:49 PM »
Well, there's always the prospect of "self-brainwashing"...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
Self-Brainwashing? Why is it brainwashing at all if I choose to be a Christian? So it's not brainwashing if I believe there isn't a God, but it is if I do?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2007, 12:10:59 AM »
This gives me bad memories of the older religion topics back in the day... except none of these posts are really intelligent like the posts of the older topics were.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2007, 12:41:12 AM »
I take it there are no black Mormons?

No there are a ton of black Mormons.  I know a few of them myself and Africa is infested with them.  When they heard about our church they practically begged the government to let them practice it.  Not to mention all of the Mormons in South America and Asia.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2007, 12:47:07 AM »
Infested?
That was a joke.

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2007, 08:46:37 AM »
This gives me bad memories of the older religion topics back in the day... except none of these posts are really intelligent like the posts of the older topics were.

I actually agree with you.

Infested?

I doubt he meant anything by saying that.

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2007, 01:16:41 PM »
He's right.

A

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2012, 09:37:38 PM »

Discuss.
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Print