Poll

What are your views on abortion?

Pro-life
Pro-choice
Undecided
Print

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 67356 times)

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »
Steve, you say you have no empathy in your decisions, yet you speak out for the rights of females in horrible situations (rape for example). What's that all about? Is that just "logic" as you say or are you really expressing empathy (understanding what a person is going through) for that type of person? Just throwing it out there.

"Just have to be done"? Really? You actually think this?
P.S. War/armies/shooting people doesn't have to be done either. The reason for the majority of USA fighting is that it just likes to stick its nose where it doesn't belong.

Uh, actually, most wars in the past were fought because maniacs like King Richard, Genghis Khan and Hitler wanted to take over as much territory as possible and the people living there didn't like it. Sure, some wars like Vietnam and Iraq are pretty stupid (because of stupid leaders), but do you honestly believe that we shouldn't have gotten involved into at least a few wars? WWI, WWII and American Revolution come to mind, and WWI and II weren't even started by the US. Also, telling the muslims they shouldn't have fought against the Crusaders would be like telling me I should stand in the middle of a stampede and smile. Sure, I could say that the Crusaders, Nazis and all the other groups were just "sticking their nose" where it didn't belong, but I seriously don't recommend telling power hungry dictators/kings/leaders that they can't have their desired land because they're "sticking their nose where it doesn't belong." Wouldn't you stay and fight a war if a bunch of dudes came over to your house and tried to take it?

Yes, some wars aren't necessary, but others are. Fighting against the enemy (shooting people, as you put it) is necessary if the person who is being invaded doesn't want the invader telling them what to do (maybe Bush should pay attention to that instead of choosing to continue the current operation). It isn't too late to change America's image; we don't have to become the power hungry fools like Richard, Hitler and Khan (lol Khan) that we once opposed. We shouldn't fight unless someone else starts, and in that case, it's time to kick butt (and let's face it, there is always going to be some person out there who wants as much power as possible *coughBushcough*). In closing, war is sometimes necessary, and sometimes it isn't, but never is it never necessary or always necessary.

Final stance: Abortion as a form of birth control = Bad. Abortion as a form of putting a baby that cannot be properly cared for or was brought about by rape/some other horrible circumstances out of its impending misery = Acceptable. Notice how I didn't say "Yes" or "No" to anything. Things aren't as black-and-white as some people think.

This is my stance on abortion BTW.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:13:19 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2008, 10:18:03 PM »
Note that I specifically said USA. Note that I said most. Also I was implying the latter half of the 20th century to the present. I guess that wasn't easy to tell.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »
The so-called "pregnancy pact" that's making headlines: Your thoughts.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2008, 01:14:14 AM »
Besides, if the mother didn't want a child, why did she have sex?
Gee, I can't think of a single reason.

I like how I get to see cute babies in the ads in this thread.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2008, 07:18:00 AM »
I don't mean "Why have sex if you're not explicitly trying to have a baby?", I mean "Why have unprotected sex if you absolutely don't want a baby?" (And once again, more than 99% of abortions are a result of consentual sex, and good birth control methods are over 90% effective.)

Also, if the fetus is a person, then if we're trying to solve overpopulation, we shouldn't immediately resort to killing people when forgoing unnecessary pleasure would work just as well.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2008, 07:19:25 AM »
Like anyone would ever go for that...

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2008, 07:58:58 AM »
Well, there's always snipping and tying and whatnot. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »
Like anyone would ever go for that...
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »
Just to reiterate: I'm not having kids. I think there's actually some sort of website where people can sign this pledge to not procreate, but I can't remember the name. There's even some sort of society (possibly the same one) that is composed of people who want to participate in volutary human extinction. Me personally... I think that most humans are "bad for the earth", so to speak, but all I really think is necessary is a population decrease. No sense in dying out.

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2008, 11:31:57 AM »
Pro-choice. The government shouldn't be telling you that you have to have a child. Sometimes a women could get raped. Other times it was a 15 year old girl who got pregnant with a mistake, then she drops out to take care of the mistake, she never goes to college, and works at mcdonalds forever.

Excuses does not mean you have the right to or should just kill it.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »
Call me a n00b for this,but... what does Pro-Choice and Pro-Life (or whatever) mean?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2008, 12:26:32 PM »
Gee, About.com had some pretty good definitions for this:
Pro-life - Believes that the government has an obligation to preserve all human life, regardless of intent, viability, or quality-of-life concerns.
Pro-choice - Believes that individuals have unlimited autonomy with respect to their own reproductive systems as long as they do not breach the autonomy of others.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »
Wait, what? ...Well, seeing as I was typing this already and you beat me to it, I'll just post it:

Pro-Choice: One who thinks that abortion should be allowed. Keep in mind that there are varying degrees of pro-choice-ness.
Pro-Life: One who thinks that abortion is unacceptable.

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »
Oh. Pro-Life for me.

Print