Poll

What are your views on abortion?

Pro-life
Pro-choice
Undecided
Print

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 67354 times)

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »
Note that I specifically said USA. Note that I said most. Also I was implying the latter half of the 20th century to the present. I guess that wasn't easy to tell.

That's alright. I thought you were implying that war should never happen under any situation.

The so-called "pregnancy pact" that's making headlines: Your thoughts.

Not really sure on this one. They're obviously all extremely young to be having kids if they go out and try to get pregnant with some guy off the street, but if they want to, who am I to say they shouldn't?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:26:48 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »
Underage sex and other things many of my peers do for fun sicken me. When you're my age, you should be squeezing every bit of enjoyment out of youth (but... being mature about it) while you still can. You don't have to be naked or intoxicated to enjoy yourself.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »
No, I do think war "shouldn't" happen under any circumstances. That doesn't mean I can't understand why it does.

P.S. Why does it have to be "while you still can"?
That was a joke.

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2008, 02:44:24 PM »
Perhaps because it's difficult to enjoy youth when you're old? If my grandmother tried running around like she did in her early days she'd probably break her leg.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »
Underage sex and other things many of my peers do for fun sicken me. When you're my age, you should be squeezing every bit of enjoyment out of youth (but... being mature about it) while you still can. You don't have to be naked or intoxicated to enjoy yourself.

Yes, I'll agree that our generation is just bunch of screaming selfish hedonists living lives with little to no meaning. What's new? 
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »
am, indeed, pro-life. What we do to our own children is more disturbing than the Armenian genocide, and even worse than what the Nazis did to the Jews / the Japanese did to the Americans in World War II.

That pretty sums up my opinion as well. Okay, so I'm a Christian, but my opinion is not just about my religion. It's mainly about the fact that when you use an abortion, you're killing an innocent baby that is defensless against the abortioner and the mother.

What disturbs me even more is that abortion is now the way female teens and young adults get out of being responsible for poor choices like having sex on a whim and doing it casualy with every guy they see. If people would just stop viewing sex as just a simple leisure activity, and view it with the respect and cautiousness it deserves, then none of this would be a problem.

Also, many don't realize that Abortion is an industry, and that groups like Planned Parenthood opperate as buisnesses. These so called "woman's rights activists" actively try to make abortion as open and easily acessable as possible, for the sole reason that the more abortions that happen, the more money they get. This is absolutely disgusting, and groups like this should be prosecuted for making a profit off of killing human life.

This is not just about choice and freedom - this is about not taking responsibility for anything you do in life.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »
For some reason, I think you're going to receive a scathing rebuttal from a certain someone for saying that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:38:00 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »
I'm pro-life, even against death penalties.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2008, 09:57:43 PM »
You don't have to be naked or intoxicated to enjoy yourself.

Funny, that's the only way I can ever enjoy myself.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2008, 10:00:14 PM »
I'm also against the death penalty.  In part because it seems strange for the government to kill people as away to discourage killing, but mainly because it's a huge waste of taxpayer money.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2008, 12:38:23 AM »
I am pro-life. However, I think that an abortion would be acceptable if woman was raped or if the woman would die giving birth to her child. When teenage girls get pregnant as the result of not using protection, I think that it is their responsibility to take care of their offspring. I think aborting the child would be selfish and the girl would not be taking responsibility for her actions. Abortion simply because a woman does not want the child is selfish.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2008, 09:53:27 AM »
I'm also against the death penalty.  In part because it seems strange for the government to kill people as away to discourage killing, but mainly because it's a huge waste of taxpayer money.  

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the death penalty either. A life long sentence in prison seems like a better punishment anyway.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 12:44:57 PM »
I think lethal injection is less cruel (and/or unusual) than spending a lifetime in a building full of gang members trying to butt-rape you.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »
I never understood why they issue multiple life sentences to one person. What's the point?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2008, 02:52:39 PM »
Mostly for posterity, I guess. Like how math has different degrees of infinity. The set of all natural numbers and the set of all even natural numbers are both infinite, but the first one feels like it should be twice as big as the second, so it sort of technically is, even though it doesn't really matter; if someone brutally murders someone and gets a life sentence, and a second person kills two people the same way, it feels like they should get a bigger punishment.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print