Print

Author Topic: Allow All Discussions  (Read 48899 times)

« on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »
This forum is way too moderated. We can't even talk about our own presidential election. When I grew up here, there were threads upon threads of people constantly arguing about every controversial issue under the sun. What changed?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »
Seconding this. Instead of banning certain discussions because of the idea that people taking part in them might act immature, why not punish those people instead? We the normal forum-goers shouldn't have to be held in like this.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »
Punishing people! I'm all for it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:57:40 PM »
I won't be surprised if this topic gets locked.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:46 PM »
I agree with Lizard Dude. I would like to be able to talk freely about certain topics...but then again, this is a monarchy, not a democracy. We have to obey the boss if he doesn't like political discussion.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 11:33:55 PM »
Uh, there was nothing wrong at all with the Election '08 thread. If people want to make idiotic immature posts the posts can be deleted without notice.
~I.S.~

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 05:14:35 AM »
I agree with Lizard Dude. I would like to be able to talk freely about certain topics...but then again, this is a monarchy, not a democracy. We have to obey the boss if he doesn't like political discussion.
Monarchies still depend on their people. Remember that a group of English noblemen got their king to sign the Magna Carta in 1215, thus guaranteeing them many basic rights.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 10:11:48 AM »
This forum is way too moderated. We can't even talk about our own presidential election. When I grew up here, there were threads upon threads of people constantly arguing about every controversial issue under the sun. What changed?
Seconding this. Instead of banning certain discussions because of the idea that people taking part in them might act immature, why not punish those people instead? We the normal forum-goers shouldn't have to be held in like this.

Um... Thirding(?) this.
Why exactly did the Votes topic get locked, anyway?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 10:41:31 AM »
What--?  Lizard Dude's a staff member.  He should be able to just wave his magic staff and *poof*, allow all discussions.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 10:59:13 AM »
What--?  Lizard Dude's a staff member.  He should be able to just wave his magic staff and *poof*, allow all discussions.
No.  He's no longer a staff member.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:18:20 AM »
What--?  Lizard Dude's no longer a staff member?  He should have just waved his magic staff and said *poof*, you can't fire me, Deezer.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 02:12:50 PM »
I'm in for this as well because my post in the "MKelection" was deleted.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:15:55 PM by goodie »
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 04:11:29 PM »
Lizard Dude, who are you going to nominate as your VP?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 04:19:43 PM »
I heard through the grapevine that he's probably going to pick TEM.

Print