Print

Author Topic: Posting problem  (Read 7049 times)

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« on: September 17, 2008, 07:36:12 PM »
Ok so I log in, type in my text, and this pops up:

"An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 60 seconds ago. Please try again later."

Which would be fine, except the last time I posted was (about) 3 hours ago. This is not the first time this has happened, and it's becoming a very annoying problem. Any suggestions/help?
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »
Get a static IP.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:36:57 PM »
Get a static IP.

So....don't log in on other computers? Would that help?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:29:03 PM by Shyguy92 »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »
You may wish to check the IP address(es) of your posts. To do this, you only have to change your forums theme (Profile > Look and Layout Preferences > Current Theme) to anything other than ff or the default. After doing this, the IP address logged to each of your posts is displayed in the bottom-right corner of each post.

Assuming you make all your posts from one location, the IP address will always be the same if you have a static IP. If they are different, you have a dynamic IP. Depending on your Internet service provider, you may or may not be able to get a static IP.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »
Okay

So I guess there's not much I can do about it then other then stop posting from school.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:32:40 PM by Shyguy92 »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »
I think the same thing just happened to me a little bit ago (and it never has before, and I've been posting all over the place since I got here).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print