Poll

What are your views on homosexuals and/or letting them wed?

I accept them.
51 (66.2%)
I tolerate them.
6 (7.8%)
It's flat out wrong.
7 (9.1%)
I don't really care.
9 (11.7%)
I have mixed views. (Describe)
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Print

Author Topic: Homosexuality and Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 202813 times)

« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2009, 02:42:21 PM »
It's not a question of how the world and its general views have changed. Genuine Christians strive to live by God's word, whatever that may be. That being said, Jesus cited the Golden Rule as one of the greatest commandments, beneath only the call to love the Lord. Put into practice, an example would be how our church openly accepts homosexuals into the congregation, but would never perform a gay marriage.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »
I'm not gay, but this is part of the reason I became atheist. The Bible condemns things that cannot be helped, such as homosexuality. Things weren't understood as well back then.

It. is. a. choice.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »
Turtlekid1, you should try to be gay.  Really try.  Give it a few of weeks.  Go on a date.  Watch some gay entertainment.  Look longingly into your dates eyes for several minutes.  Make out.  Enjoy it.  Want to do it again.  Be gay.

If you can force yourself to be gay, really gay, then it is a choice.  If you can't decide to be gay then someone who is gay probably can't just decide to be straight.  If you find it impossible to change your sexual orientation then stop calling others people's orientation a choice.

Do this sound like a fair challenge? 
How exactly has this discussion even continued past this post? I mean, really?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
The post another one of those things to pretend doesn't exist in order to achieve holy perfection, probably.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2009, 05:22:10 PM »
...what?

« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »
It. is. a. choice.

Um...my best friend is a homosexual. He's also a Christian and has done everything in his power to like women. Sorry, but it is impossible for a homosexual to like women.

If it is a choice, why don't you try being gay for a little bit?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2009, 06:11:05 PM »
1. So because one person tried and failed, it's impossible for anyone?
2. Because it's morally wrong.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2009, 06:37:23 PM »
Did anyone else watch "The Making of Me:  John Barrowman"?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »
The idea that you get to choose what makes you get an erection sounds pretty freakin' stupid...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50:20 AM »
THANK YOU!

I couldn't think of the correct words to say. Bird Person pretty much summed it up with that statement.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2009, 08:25:28 AM »
The idea that you get to choose what makes you get an erection sounds pretty freakin' stupid...

Perhaps you misunderstand me.  I didn't mean that who a person has feelings for is entirely a conscious choice (but part of it is); rather, how you act on your feelings is a conscious choice.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2009, 12:03:43 PM »
So doing the right thing means simply rejecting one's feelings and bottling them up inside if they don't agree with The Bible? Keep in mind that if someone is truly really only attracted to men, however gets married to a woman, the end result just seems to me like a disaster. Something's gotta give.

« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »
The world is overpopulated enough as it is. The last thing we need is every homosexual person deciding to abandon their true feelings and make more children. The world can't possibly support 9,000,000,000 people (the estimated population in 2040).

"Be fruitful and multiply" indeed.

« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2009, 01:38:19 PM »
They were saying the same thing about supporting six billion people a hundred years ago, y'know.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2009, 02:03:57 PM »
Right, so just as long as we have people who are concerned about population level, their fears are never going to be realized! IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE
That was a joke.

Print