Print

Author Topic: All drugs should be legal  (Read 68377 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2009, 11:06:35 PM »
Every other time I go to a party, I get a joint shoved up in my grill. Every other time I refuse, the response is either HAY WHY YOU GOTTA BE A NARC BRA or HAY ITS HEALTHIER THAN ALL THAT BOOZE YOU DRINK.

But either way, great, not all potheads are dicks. I'm just really tired of people hyping weed as some kind of incredible wonderplant when all it does is make you boring to everyone else who's not smoking.
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:46 PM »
(Off-topic. There's an advertisement above me that says "Super Mario Dating.")

Anyway, yeah man, I would suggest you not go to those parties again...? You know, if they're gonna pull that BS with you.

(Weed is not that great, by the way.)

If anyone does anything past giggle a little bit more, they're acting. It's not a mind-trip drug that you have no control over... it all depends on how YOU wanna act while on it...  therefore, when you see a dude at a stupid party that's like... singing in front of everybody while he's high, but hides in a corner when sober, then you can point and laugh at him and call him your choice of derogatory terms.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2009, 12:32:13 AM »
Trainman is right. Weed is a lot like alcohol. Anytimes I've been drunk, I haven't made an ass of myself simply because I already possess a metric ton of self-control. So when I am drunk, yeah I might throw in a few more expletives and slightly cruder jokes, but it's not like I'm stumbling around half naked while trying to make out with the nearest piece of furniture. Weed and alcohol are actually incredibly similar if you think about it...
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2009, 02:33:44 PM »
There should be no laws restricting the purchase of any drugs.

Emphasis on last two words. As mentioned before (but never properly countered), while marijuana mighten't necessarily have tremendously ill effects on the user, the same can't honestly be said about meth, PCP or that drug that makes you eat your own face.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »
Well, we already deviated from my original statement which I'll admit was a little stupidly hyperbolic, pages and pages ago so...  No one is really arguing that anymore.
= = = = = = =

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
"All weed should be legal"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
Around last winter, my friend told me he does "just weed". I wonder whether or not I should feel obligated to try to convince him to drop the stuff, seeing as he's never done it around me or offered it me at all.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #232 on: October 04, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »
Well, it wouldn't hurt to ask him about it.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »
Trainman is right. Weed is a lot like alcohol. Anytimes I've been drunk, I haven't made an ass of myself simply because I already possess a metric ton of self-control. So when I am drunk, yeah I might throw in a few more expletives and slightly cruder jokes, but it's not like I'm stumbling around half naked while trying to make out with the nearest piece of furniture. Weed and alcohol are actually incredibly similar if you think about it...

I disagree. Alcohol is much more dangerous than weed, considering all the deaths related to drunk driving accidents and alcohol poisoning. There is no recorded deaths related directly to overconsumption of weed; overdosing is impossible. Sure some poor sucker has probably had weed spiked with acid or crack and jumped off a building, but if we're talking straight marijuana, it's not a dangerous thing. Not to mention the vastly different effects. Alcohol is more of a social party drug that is more likely to lead to unwanted decisions (violent or sexual) and weed just makes you a little more giggly and lethargic, more appreciative of Little Debbie snack cakes.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2009, 07:44:14 PM »
Well, yes, drinking insane amounts is uber dangerous, but both alcohol and weed in small concentrations isn't going to hurt you at all. What I was getting at was that if you're already a responsible person, you're not going to have a problem in the first place.
= = = = = = =

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
Well, it wouldn't hurt to ask him about it.
It's just that the only way I think I could phrase it would be "hey, remember that time eight months ago that you casually mentioned you do weed? Well..."

And besides, like I said, I never had any indication up until that point--I mean, I had my suspicions, though. He's nice, and I've known him since second grade, but the guy's weird as hell.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2009, 03:22:16 AM »
Well, you could just ask him if he ever thought about quitting before if it seems it's really affecting his life. Past that, if he smokes and everything seems normal with him, then, eh, I'd just let him do his own thing.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2009, 08:32:38 AM »
Yeah, that's what I figured. I mean, the other thing I forgot to mention is that he goes to a different school than me now (has for last few years), so I only ever see him when I'm inviting him over for parties or something.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #238 on: October 18, 2009, 02:46:22 AM »
Invite him over for a party, but have it really be an intervention. That should get his attention.
= = = = = = =

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2009, 03:33:58 PM »
When a problem is solved, a new one comes out! =D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Print