Print

Author Topic: I wouldn't hit that.  (Read 24761 times)

« on: May 07, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »
W all watch the news or read the newspaper. But there is always that one news program, website or paper that ou like to stay as far away from and hate with all of your heart.

What new programs, channels or papers do you stay away from? I hate Good Morning America. All of their stories are stupid. I also try to stay away from Nancy Grace, FOX news, and The Daily Mail. I've never actually read The Daily Mail, but I have only heard bad things about it.

SO what about you?
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 03:12:28 PM »
Yes: CNN, occasionally NBC, The Daily Show, Colbert Report, Chocolate News (if it hadn't gotten cancelled)

No: Fox, Nancy Grace
every

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 03:52:09 PM »
I LOATHE FOX NEWS. I stay far away from right-wing "journalists/commentators" like Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'reilly.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »
I really dislike all serious (not comedic) news programs, but I especially hate FOX News. I watch the Colbert Report occasionally.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »
I avoid people whose only news sources are comedy programs not meant to be taken seriously.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 06:35:28 PM »
I avoid people who hate FOX news because it's conservative. 

Well, obviously not really.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 11:49:29 PM »
I don't watch anything at all anymore. No matter what channel, CNN, NBC, Fox, left-wing, right-wing, there are always stupid stories.

The dog that can skateboard: not national news.
Hillary Clinton and Obama crying about a remembrance speech and nobody apparently gives one [dukar]: not national news.
18,000 people applying for the "best job in the world" with live updates of who will win: not national news.
Right-wings attacking left-wings, vice versa, with videos of each other so they can poke fun.: Not national news

i.e. When Bill O'Reilly does his "Liberal Translation" segment.

But most hated by me, is when the left-wing guys have a "body language expert" visit their show and have the fake (and also apparently liberal) "expert" decipher the right-wingers rant video while saying completely non-sensical bull[dukar], then at the end of the segment they say "HEY DUR IM NO EXPERTZ AAHA WE ALL HATE RIGHT WING PEOPLE SO WE HAD TO DO THIS LOL ISNT IT FUNNY???"
Formerly quite reasonable.

Sqrt2

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 06:51:26 AM »

What new programs, channels or papers do you stay away from? I hate Good Morning America. All of their stories are stupid. I also try to stay away from Nancy Grace, FOX news, and The Daily Mail. I've never actually read The Daily Mail, but I have only heard bad things about it.

When you say Daily Mail, I take it that you are refering to the British newspaper of the same name? It's just that my house gets it and it seems to be alright (well..it's a better read than The Sun or The Mirror, both of which contain hardly any 'real' news).

Anyway, for some reason I don't trust the news on ITV at all... I always have to check on Ceefax on the BBC to make sure that they aren't making stuff up.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 06:54:30 AM by Sqrt2 »
AA fanboy and proud!

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 01:58:42 PM »
I have zero interest in politics, so I don't watch anything. My home page is Yahoo, so if there's any sub-major news tidbits there that interest me (which isn't often), I can pick them up. Otherwise, I cooly proceed to whatever website I was going to.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 11:32:50 AM »
Being mildly conservative, I find myself caught between being emberassed by Bill O'Reilly's extremist rants or infuriated by Stephen Colbert's liberal antics. Bluh.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 12:23:45 PM »
I detest: Fox NEWS becasue of they are evil right-wing. Channel 11 NEWS because they have blogs and entertainment which news isn't about. DAILY NEWS, TMZ, ET, EXTRA and the Internet newspaper in general.

I can withstand: CNN, NBC, 110 Winds, NEWSDAY, some blogs. Buzzdash, QJ.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:25:29 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
I stay away from Hannity. I usually agree with his positions, actually, but he makes them sound dumb. Glenn Beck is usually pretty good, and I'd watch Lou Dobbs a lot more often if he wasn't on during Jeopardy. Red Eye is fun, though I really shouldn't be staying up until 4 to watch it (the debate about whether or not they hate Canada should have been settled a long time ago by everyone just watching this and realizing what kind of a show it is. Stewart gets out of saying much worse stuff by hiding behind the "I'm just a comedian" card, and he's not even as good a comedian as Greg).

I used to be able to laugh at Colbert, but it seems like he and Stewart have just been throwing the ratio of humor to liberal talking points way out of balance in the last couple of years. I don't trust anything NBC says about the environment because they're owned by GE (it's the equivalent of Fox turning American Idol stuff into news, except it actually matters), but I don't watch NBC other than Heroes and The Apprentice anyway. I don't watch ABC news that much, but when I do, I like Jake Tapper.

Fox News is a lot more bearable if you see it like an AM newstalk station -- the hosts are opinionated commentators, and there's news between them. And also if you agree with their opinions.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 09:44:49 AM »
Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs both **** me off, although Dobbs moreso than Beck.

Dobbs phrases his polls like ridiculous ultimatums to get people to agree with him ("Do you want illegal immigrants to flood this country with swine flu and Columbian drugs?" Yes - 99% No - 1%). His views always err on the side of "Why don't we just kick all the foreign people out of the country it will solve all our problems!!!".

Glenn Beck is a tad more tolerable, though he acts like a nonfunny, overly sarcastic ******** to everyone even when his opinions make absolute sense.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 01:11:55 PM »
If you think Glenn Beck makes absolute sense you probably haven't listened to his radio show.  When he first came on CNN I liked him, but then I listened to his radio show and realized he was crazy.  I think CNN must have reined him in a lot, but radio, and to a lesser degree, Fox let him run wild. 

I don't like most of the talking heads on TV today.  I'd rather they tell the news in detail.  Headline News is okay, but they skim too much and repeat about every fifteen minutes.  No to mention their gossip shows.  I want real news that effects/affects my live or could change the world.  I don't care which celebrity got drunk or who had sex with which football star.  Much of TV news is not even news.  It's people arguing some point or in many cases just arguing.  Fox News does this a lot.  Hannity and O'Reilly are bad about cutting people off when if they aren't saying something they disagree with.  Also, why does science get only one percent of the coverage on the major TV and Cable news networks? 

I guess my favorite news shows are on NPR or BBC. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »
Well, one man's clinically insane is another man's passionate undignified guy who loudly says things you don't always agree with. There's a fine line.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print