Print

Author Topic: I wouldn't hit that.  (Read 24749 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 11:39:25 AM »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 11:59:19 AM »
I'd hit that.
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »
HURR HURR HURR IM SO SMRT CUZ I DONT WATC TV NEWZ LMFAO. If it's the case that no human being can be fair, then why bother reading any news for that matter? Fox News is as fair as any tv syndication I've seen in my entire life. O'Reilly himself is obnoxiously fair. I say obnoxiously, because I can attest for it firsthand. My father, a notorious conservative, informs me on many occasions how he doesn't like Bill O'Reilly because he tries to hide his political stances behind the "fair and balance" curtain. My uncle does the same. My friend too. And all of them are big time right-wing fascist types. How can a man who is supposed to be blatantly unbiased to the right frustrate what would be his biggest fans for not being conservative enough?

And most of the stuff is not discussion. The only political commentary programs on the weekday schedule are O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity, Greta Van Sustren, and Neil Cavuto. Three of those are repeated during the day, meaning that it brings the total up to 8 hours. 8 hours is not the majority of the day. Have any of you bawwing about it ever actually watched Fox News when it wasn't Hannity or O'Reilly?
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »
So you're sitting around watching it in the middle of the day? And that makes it better?
Also, O'Reilly's sneering knowitallitude alone is enough to make me want to punch him in the face.
That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 09:56:23 PM »
To be honest, I usually don't watch television period. But when I'm eating lunch, my mother usually leaves it on in the background (It's either that or food network). I'm not going to throw a hissyfit, get up and leave the room. It's not like I wake up religiously to watch it like when I was 8 and had to get up for saturday morning cartoons.

O'Reilly is a smartass and a know-it-all, and a giant ******bag. I'm not arguing against that. I'm simply saying when he does cover stories he does it very fairly. That clip cracks me up everytime, PaperLuigi.

Oh and before I forget, I hate Ann Coulter and wish she would cease to exist. Who's idea was it to call her hot anyway?
= = = = = = =

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 09:17:46 PM »
Along with O'Reilly's meltdown, I believe the remix of it makes it 10 times funnier.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
Eww, Comedy Central.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »
While I don't particularly care for Jon Stewart, that video was funny. Glenn Beck is entertaining but that's it. He's just entertaining. Nothing more.
= = = = = = =

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 11:19:20 PM »
I didn't watch much of the video since apparently no one other than YouTube knows how to make a decent video player anymore, but it looks like it was mainly about how Beck says we have the best health care in the world but then when he was in the hospital it sucked for him. It sounded like Stewart was basically going to make the same old mistake of equivocating the whole concept of health care reform with this specific bill right now -- that if you're opposed to Obamacare, you don't want to fix healthcare at all. This line of reasoning, of course, ignores the fact that Obama voted against every health care reform bill proposed by Republicans while he was a U.S. Senator. Was Obama just being an anti-reform obstructionist in denial, or did he believe, as Beck does (though in a different direction), that health care is screwed up but that's not the right way to fix it?

Again, I could be totally wrong because I didn't have the patience to wait three seconds for every second of video to stream.

Also, I kinda wish Stewart would move to MSNBC or CNN. He shouldn't get all the privileges of being a serious political commentator and still be able to hide behind the shield of being "just a comedian," especially since he's not even that funny anymore (if that Time Traveler's Wife joke is any indication).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 12:07:38 AM »
98% of Comedy's Central's material doesn't make me laugh.

I just have NEVER been able to get into stereotypical humor that "everyone is into and thinks is funny" right now.

I can't buy into any type of young adult humor or idiots portraying the roles.
I can't get into 90% of these romantic comedies...as if we haven't seen an assload of those since 2005.
I can't really get into jack*** at all. I've seen both, but still, the dudes are too "personal" with each other, if you know where I'm going with this.
Etc. etc. etc.

I'm more traditional, I guess. For example, I like Looney Tunes-type humor. Music and exaggerated motions/etc. largely convey emotion and are often hilariously done, which is why I also love shows such as Rocko's Modern Life, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Dexter's Lab, and Spongebob, to name just a few.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 01:16:01 AM by Trainman »

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 12:35:46 AM »
In a Journalism course I took last year, the professor pointed out a survey he conducted at various colleges which included the question "Who is your favorite journalist?"

The most popular response was Jon Stewart.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »
All television news channels are at least somewhat biased, so I happen to listen to what the radio has to say. I feel It is much less prejudice.

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »

Print