Print

Author Topic: Mature Discussion (leave all joking at the door)  (Read 55668 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
Imagine this scenario:you have suffered a major head injury, and now you are basically useless. You can't even think. Would you rather have your family let you die, or would you rather have them waste all their money in a vain attempt at keeping you alive?

That's the stupidest god[darn] thing I ever heard. Any normalthinking Patriotic American would have their brains saved in a jar until they could be brought to life and other Futurama references.
every

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 01:00:24 PM »
That's the stupidest god[darn] thing I ever heard. Any normalthinking Patriotic American would have their brains saved in a jar until they could be brought to life and other Futurama references.

But the brains are damaged. They can't think normally.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »
If you would like, I could decapitate you and put your end in a jar so you could live for more than a thousand years. I'll probably do it wrong, and you'll die instantly though.
Yay!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
I said BRAIN you dingus. Everyone knows a head would never survive in a jar for more than a day or two.

Oy, this guy.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »

All you need is neck juice and some spatulas!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »
It's called art, the by-product of civilization. Creating art is a little different than throwing money down a hole keeping a human husk "alive".

I realize that. I'm just showing you how someone could argue the other direction based on their own opinion. Some people wouldn't consider video games important enough to be an art, just as you wouldn't consider a braindead vegetable important enough to be considered a family member.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 03:55:55 PM »
People could argue anything.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »
[darnit] this thread was bound not to go well. Stuff like art and vegetative relatives may not be ideal to a perfect society, but they're certainly part of what makes us human. I mean if we're trying to achieve a "perfect" society, it's certainly possible. Go read 1984

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »
What is the deal with Meowrik coming in and badly arguing points in every thread by picking some totally unrelated idea and trying to compare it to the subject at hand?
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 09:31:50 PM »
What is the deal with Chupperson Weird coming in and acting like a pompous, narrow-minded asshat in every thread by immediately condescending anyone who disagrees with him?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:37:00 PM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »
What is the deal with airline food?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2009, 10:42:26 PM »
I'm with Chupperson, when Meowrik started talking about video games I didn't know what he was talking about.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »
This thread officially made me love marioguy.
Professional Paisano here

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2009, 02:07:54 AM »
This thread made me want to bang my head on the desk repeatedly, apparently to make better arguments.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 02:10:57 AM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2009, 06:39:57 AM »
What is the deal with Chupperson Weird coming in and acting like a pompous, narrow-minded asshat in every thread by immediately condescending anyone who disagrees with him?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:45:17 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print