Print

Author Topic: Racism as comedy  (Read 19001 times)

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »
Basically all of the humour within my social circles revolves around sex, racism, or any combination of the two. Ethnic stereotypes are not only perpetuated but reinforced at my school. With a cultural spectrum consisting of at least 75% Dutch-Canadian kids, a handful of Korean immigrants, 2.5 Black kids and a small assortment of students from other backgrounds, directly offending anyone isn't a huge concern. As of yet, I've only received two nipple-twisters from my peers as a result of unwarranted racial insensitivity.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »
I personally think racism is very funny and awesome and we need more of it and it should be taught in schools.
every

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 11:29:44 AM »
I don't know if this is racist comedy or not but I can't stand anything from Tyler Perry.  Wether its "Meet the Browns" or "House of Payne" or even any of those Madea movies.  I absolutley think it is the most unfunny material I've ever seen.  It makes me think to myself, "How can black people watch this, and actually like it?"

If I were black I would be offended by Tyler Perry because in my eyes he is supposed to be representing Black America and in a way he is.  He's supposed to be poking fun at the everyday lives of Black America.  The black people I know dont act like the way those characters are at all.  I think Tyler Perry makes black people look stupid and should be stopped because thats not how it is at all.  Why don't people tell him to stop?  Do that many black people love Tyler Perry that much that his ratings are that good?
I only watch [adult swim]

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 02:45:58 PM »
I wish I was black so I could tell everyone Tyler Perry sucks and they'd listen.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »
superstarMASIAH pretty much said what I was afraid to. I admire Mr. Perry's drive, but I find it curious he's seemingly devoted a career to Eddie Murphy-esque cross-dressing plays/movies and borderline blaxploitation TV shows. Granted, there's that unwritten rule about people being able to get away with mocking their own race, but that doesn't mean I have to laugh at something just because a fat black guy is saying it (I refer here to the commercials for Meet the Browns).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 05:13:15 PM »
I will begin training my mind and body every day until I am in peak physicaly form. When this objective is finished, I will go into the quietest, most desolate place on Earth, and challenge Death himself to a fight. If he accepts, I shall take him down using every technique I have learned. When I emerge victorious, I will declare that Death do me but one favor:

Bring Richard Pryor back from the dead in exchange for the Wayans Brothers.
every

Print