Print

Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 8105 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »
Among other things...

-Scribblenauts (contender for the world's worst controls aside, I love the creative possibilities)
-How to Take Over Teh World
-Uncle John's Endlessly Engrossing Bathroom Reader
-Van Halen's The Best of Both Worlds (a very rare occasion where I actually loved a gift I didn't ask for! Now if only it had "Feel Your Love Tonight" and "Little Guitars"...)
-The Jinx! shirt that says "The Sun is Trying to Kill Me" (my mom keeps assuming it's a Benchwarmers reference)
-Due to an error regarding old and "revised" Christmas lists, from my grandma: Three games I already had (two of which she bought for my birthday almost two months ago, no less). It's all good, though--she gave me the receipts and $60 (partially to compensate for the fact that my brother got an 8GB iPod Nano), so now I just have to journey to Olympia and hit up the Best Buy/GameStop (I'll probably just get cash back. Two games I've got my sights set on: BioShock and Retro Game Challenge).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »
WELP

-Romulan Bird-of-Prey
-First Contact Type II Phaser
-Portable music player that supports Ogg and other formats
-Stuffed cat
-Old dictionary/encyclopedia
-Picture of a violin
-Shirts (foremost, an Avatar shirt)
-Some money
-Ergo Proxy Complete Collection
-Light up plastic extendable sword thing

I think that's about it.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »
ShadowBrian, both of those are excellent games that you should definitely look into buying. New copies of both would probably cost you $40 total (Retro Game Challenge is definitely $20 new at GameStop, at least).

Chupperson, does that player do video as well?

Looks like I'll be getting $25 tomorrow as a late present, so I'll probably end up picking up some of the Dance Dance Revolution PS2 games I don't own while GameStop is doing their buy-two-get-one-free sale on used games. Definitely DDRMAX2 and Dance Dance Revolution Extreme, at least, leaving me with a choice of basically any used game in the store that's ten dollars or less as a freebie (and a bit over five dollars to spend on other stuff).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 09:13:27 PM »
Warp: Yes.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2009, 08:43:31 AM »
-And I'll probably be buying a PS3 relatively soon with some money I received.

It's ordered and presumably on its way.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
I was game-less this Christmas. :(

..But there wasn't really a whole lot out this year that I wanted anyway, so it's not a huge loss. We recieved a lot of things for the twins, and various articles of clothing that we have either out-grown or need new pairs of (such as jeans). I don't remember everything that we receieved, but here are a few things that stick out:

- A webcam (my sister and her husband are sad that they live so far away from us and the kids, so they got themselves one and got us one. It should be noted that the husband works in the airforce, and they live on a base in two states over..)

- A yellow shirt that has the Super Mario World art on it (Mario riding Yoshi, like on the box) and some Japanese writing that I assume says Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 4.

- An aunt of mine gave both us a small box full of small toys and DVDs that she thought we would enjoy (of course, she's right :)
Among the toys in my box I found a small Yoshi figure riding a skateboard. When you press Yoshi's saddle, he plays music from Yoshi's Story. Upon close inspection, the two don't go together: the board has a copyright date of 2000, Yoshi; 2006. She must have found it at a flea market.

- Several gift cards of varying amounts.

- Oh wait! Toadette got a game from a friend of ours. She's been playing FFXII so much that he got her FF: The Crystal Bearers for Wii. I don't know about the game. The first thing I noticed was that the kid on the boxart looks like an Abercrombie model. But I also know not to judge a book by its cover..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »
The shirt says Super Mario. The curvy text up at the top hasn't been deciphered by anyone I know.
Crystal Bearers looks kind of awesome, man.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 08:38:18 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 07:37:02 AM »
Oh, I forgot to mention I also got Donkey Kong Jenga.

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »
We hit up the mall last night. Upon realising that I didn't get any games for Christmas, Toadette handed me the debit card and said "Pick one out."

I went with Bowser's Inside Story (since that was the game I wanted most from the store we were in).

I played some of it last night. It seems nearly as hilarious as the first game so far. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
or

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »
or just plain

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 12:59:52 AM »
A
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »
You got a letter of the alphabet for Christmas? Where do you live, Sesame Street?

Last time I did a one-character post, it got deleted...

Print