Print

Author Topic: 3 Year Old Girl Shoots Self in Wii-Related Incident  (Read 17482 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2010, 10:48:54 PM »
Anyone who doesn't think this was the parents' fault completely and fully is legally mentally retarded.

My thoughts exactly. ^

In conclusion, while tragic, this is gonna unnecessarily stir the crap-pot when really, the parents are 110% at fault.

It's Nintendo's fault for making a console for which third-party developers could make peripherals which vaguely resemble firearms to sell to irresponsible parents. Case closed.

Well, Weegee, I guess you are, in fact, legally mentally retarded. Or, I guess, just an idiot.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 11:02:03 PM »
Actually, you are, for thinking I was being serious. I was mocking those who blame it on anyone but the parents, by using the most contrived logic possible.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
Contrived or not, it was hard to tell after reading some of your other posts in this thread.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 08:32:52 AM »
And this is why you lock your guns away when you're not using them. 

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.weknowwii.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/shotgun.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.weknowwii.com/tags/nyko/&usg=__WcFCLn5_yY3U3eHSvvEgENGrk00=&h=280&w=280&sz=4&hl=en&start=9&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=OTWEI-HqDVxQoM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwii%2Bshotgun%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26tbs%3Disch:1

Third image down: my brother owns one of those for a big game hunting game on the Wii. 

My question is, why wasn't the gun unloaded?  That is the most important thing about owning a firearm: keep it unloaded when you're not using it.  That is the fault of the parents. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 11:08:04 AM »
My question is, why wasn't the gun unloaded?

According to the article, the father said that he had his firearm handy because he suspected someone snooping around his property the night before and then just kinda "forgot about it" and left it loaded out in the open. Fatal mistake.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »
According to the article, the father said that he had his firearm handy because he suspected someone snooping around his property the night before and then just kinda "forgot about it" and left it loaded out in the open. Fatal mistake.

I'd say "accidents happen," but this could have easily been prevented.  Like I said earlier, rule #1 of firearm safety.  You don't leave a loaded gun out in the open.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 03:09:28 AM »
That's a fact.

Print