Poll

Should soda be taxed?

No; the government should regulate calorie intake, but we don't need another tax right now.
No; the government is trying to stick its nose in yet another area it doesn't belong, and we REALLY don't need another tax right now.
Yes; the government should regulate calorie intake.
Yes; let freedom and personal responsibility burn in the fires of a new era!
Print

Author Topic: Tax-a-Cola  (Read 14244 times)

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 07:45:08 PM »
They should go ahead and tax everything in California since our budget is non-existent and we're knee deep in debt. That money's got to come out of somewhere right?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 09:25:07 PM »
America should take a page out of its peoples' books. That is, it should use its own fat ass (the collective fat asses of its people) to support itself.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 09:50:54 PM »
I should probably rename myself Taxman.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 06:24:53 PM »
I can't quote it because it's too far back in the thread, but whoever said "modern America doesn't even know what that word means" in referring to "moderation" is right on the button.  Yes, self control (one of the Biblical Fruits of the Spirit) has surely gone right out the window by now, if we collectively ever practiced it in the first place.  Look at the guy who sued McDonalds for making him fat.  It wasn't their fault, you moron.  You simply had no willpower to practice moderation.  Now that I got that off my chest...taxing soda sounds like another way for the government to line its pockets with the dollars of gluttonous consumers.  Anyway, that's all I have to say on this.   
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
Yes, self control (one of the Biblical Fruits of the Spirit) has surely gone right out the window by now 

Implying that one needs religion to practice moderation.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 06:40:14 PM »
Implying that one needs religion to practice moderation.

You're right, PL.  My bad, I misspoke there.  I should have said "moderation" has gone out the window.  I wasn't trying to turn this into a religious debate.  I still stand by what I said, though (the whole "modern America doesn't know the meaning of moderation" thing).     
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print