Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns  (Read 38051 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
Stop leaving positive reviews for this game.  It'll just make me miserable over something I can't have.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
My brother and I beat it. Yes, definitely a cool, worthy follow-up to a classic series, and another home-run for Retro.

The final boss was a little bit of a letdown, though... but the cutscene that followed made up for it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2011, 07:17:38 PM »
Stop leaving positive reviews for this game.  It'll just make me miserable over something I can't have.

You would hate it anyway. You blamed the original trilogy's difficulty on so-called faulty control, and Retro retained the same type of control but with some extra waggle. I'm sure you'd probably think the difficulty is too complex and alienating towards real skill.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »
???

When did I blame the controls for anything?  I seem to recall blaming the mixture of pre-rendered sprites and static backgrounds for making it hard to judge collisions, but not the controls.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2011, 09:41:53 PM »
Just to clarify, the reason I haven't talked about this on the forum is because I've been too busy playing it to death. :P

Seems more like you were too busy being self-conscious and talking about ideas that will never happen, but it could just be me popping into the chats at the wrong moments.

When did I blame the controls for anything?  I seem to recall blaming the mixture of pre-rendered sprites and static backgrounds for making it hard to judge collisions, but not the controls.

That's still blaming the game to me. Plus this game has some pretty dynamic backgrounds, so if you get easily distracted this game will eat you alive.

Like Munchers Marathon for example. Friggin spider babbys covering the screen and chasing your tail all over the level. It's one of my favorite levels but a pain to 100% because you seriously need to outrun the spiders and then turn around to get the puzzle pieces and KONG letters. It's literally bananas.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »
Friggin spider babbys
how spider get pragnent?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »
Ground pounding them seems to do the trick.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2011, 08:25:37 AM »
Oh yeah, that was a terrifyingly great level.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jman

• Score
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
Very fun game.  Me and a buddy are currently trying to beat it at 100% (or whatever odd number they're using this time).
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »
They're calling it 100% Returns
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2011, 11:39:07 PM »
10R%
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2011, 11:50:18 PM »
Man, I'll have to wait until someone sells this game back to the store before I can play it. >_<;

lexc123

• EXPERT
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »
This game is MUCH better than the old one, I mean, this is awesome!!!! (love the giant frog mutant-thingie challenge) Cuz it changes colors.
MUST LOVE M&L

Puqtd

• now member
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2011, 09:03:02 AM »
i have yet to play this game.
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2011, 12:39:39 AM »
This game is MUCH better than the old one, I mean, this is awesome!!!! (love the giant frog mutant-thingie challenge) Cuz it changes colors.

I guess this is kind of a bump, but ESCUCHA-ME? DKC was great. DKC2 and 3 were okay, but DKC the original...DKCR's okay, but...

I don't get it, what's so amazing about this one? It's good, sure, but everyone's raving about it...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:01:10 AM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print