Print

Author Topic: Somebody DOESN'T Like BIS!  (Read 4161 times)

« on: November 08, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »
Wow, with all its stellar reviews, I thought Bowser's Inside Story was as universally lovable as those singing ants from Garfield and FriendsHere is one dissenter.  At least even he acknowledges the awesomeness of Fawful!

Edit: A bit of a problem.  That link doesn't work because the forum is automatically censoring part of "game set watch" which put together forms a naughty word.  So if you want to see it, visit www.gameset watch.com/2010/11/column_the_spoony_bard_when_an.php#more without the spaces.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:37:22 PM by Fawful Fan »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:14:25 PM »
I've yet to finish reading it, but I will say that I've discovered two potential flaws in this argument within the first few paragraphs:

1) If you haven't played the first two games, what right do you have to criticize the third?
2) It's not supposed to be a straight-up RPG. Action-RPGs (or whatever you'd call the M&L series) are really a separate genre.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »
I was about to make a comment, but someone on there named "James Bishop" basically said what I was going to say. This author clearly doesn't have the authorization to review the game, seeing as he/she hasn't even finished it yet and is playing the game with the wrong mindset.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »
Well, I finished it, and I've got to say I'm confused. I've heard stronger arguments from a grade-schooler.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:44:59 PM »
James Bishop doesn't seem to be a very accomplished or experienced gamer. Hell, he probably pronounces Mario's name "May-ree-oh".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »
I honestly don't see what was wrong about his comment besides the fact that he directly criticized the writer and made fun of him/her.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 12:14:24 AM »
James Bishop doesn't seem to be a very accomplished or experienced gamer. Hell, he probably pronounces Mario's name "May-ree-oh".

Yes, that seems to be the common symptom. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print