Print

Author Topic: Merry Christmas Fungi Forums  (Read 14565 times)

« on: December 25, 2010, 02:07:59 AM »
Just wishing y'all a Merry Christmas. Did Santa pay you a visit?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 05:41:40 AM »
Happy holidays to you as well bro.

Seems Santa was a bit more generous this year, as I got a fair amount of gifts despite asking for very little. A lot of it will look good on my wall though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 08:18:21 AM »
Merry Christmas to you as well.

We got a red Wii. Fun times, except for the part where I have to deal with even more shovelware coming into my house thanks to my eleven-year-old brother, whose tastes in games are the exact opposite of "discerning."

I didn't get much in the way of presents myself - only a couple of little things on top of what I mentioned in the other thread - but again, my biggest present was my tuition being paid. And Ketsui in MAME.

I did get $70 in cash (part of which already went toward me buying Persona 3 Portable, earning me the True Fan achievement; I'm thinking the rest is going to be put away so I can buy Tactics Ogre in February) and a $50 Wal-Mart gift card (which will largely go toward me buying Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and the soundtrack).

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 08:54:24 AM »
A red Wii sounds awesome.  I'm glad the Wii finally came out in different colors.  White is just so...BORING.  Luckily, I'm the one who has bought most of our games, so the shovelware thing is mostly avoided (I wouldn't consider Wii Fit to be shovelware, because it is actually useful).   

Anyway...with all that said, Merry Christmas Fungi Forums!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »
Lessee... Christmas this year... I got:

-A new laptop.
-A new case for the laptop.
-A new wireless mouse for the laptop.
-A pre-ordered copy of Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded.
-New pair of headphones.
-A plush throw.
-Several hygiene products, including a toothbrush, floss, and enough Axe deodorant to last me until next Christmas.
-Lots of candy.  Snickers, Butterfinger, Hershey's, Peanut M&M's, and a large three-foot-long gummy snake.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 09:36:02 AM »
A happy Christmas to y'all! In retrospect, I should've commissioned a picture from one of our resident artists of all the forum's major members doing Christmasy things...

Anyway, I've got some pretty good stuff so far. I'll spare you the this-and-that in-between and just mention the gaming-related and/or really cool stuff:

-A replica EVE hypo (which I accidentally broke the tip off pretending to inject myself with. Thank God for Superglue!), Sackboy, and papercraft Creeper, all from my brother.
-About $75 in Barnes & Noble credit.
-Mario-themed candy "Snerdles" (I can throw up a picture of the packaging if anyone's curiousity is piqued.
-A "Bookworm" plush from ThinkGeek.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 09:50:24 AM »
I'd rather see a picture of the EVE hypo, actually.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
My spoils from this year's pillage consist of Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid: Other M, $75 for CD Warehouse, and $50 for Chapters (the Canadian, and therefore superior, equivalent of Barnes & Noble). In addition, I'll probably be getting a wad of cash from Grandma this afternoon.

Merry Christmas, TMK, and may peace be with you.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 11:40:12 AM »
papercraft Creeper
As in the "SSSSSSSSSSSSS--BOOM" Creeper?

I can throw up a picture of the packaging if anyone's curiousity is piqued.
I'd like to see it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
fml. All I got was clothes and a stocking full of medicine cabinet supplies... oh and Hershey Kisses as well as a 25$ Target gift card that I can hopefully put towards the 3DS that I wanted for Christmas. Should I put this on fmylife.com? I'm highly considering it.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 03:25:36 PM »
I didn't get anything. Count your blessings.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 03:33:04 PM »
I agree with PL on this one. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 04:17:52 PM »
I feel bad for PaperLuigi; that sucks.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 05:36:39 PM »
Did he at least spend the day with his family?

Personally all the gifts in the world wouldn't mean a thing to me if I wasn't with my family during these times.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
As in the "SSSSSSSSSSSSS--BOOM" Creeper?
Yes... and I'll get pics of some of those gifts up as soon as I can.

And yeah, Wiggles is right on.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print