Print

Author Topic: TV is Fail  (Read 9127 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 08:17:27 PM »
Hm.  Well, Rocko certainly had its share.  Again, can't speak for Ren and Stimpy.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 11:15:27 PM »
Um... I know for sure I said this earlier, but I'll reiterate in case: what part of me not finishing my explanation on how I feel that the different emphasis on the innuendos between shows like Chowder (discrete and pseudo-subliminal) and Ren & Stimpy (blatantly noticeable) have different effects on an individual's growing mind don't you understand? It wasn't meant to be hypocrisy in any form, I was aiming towards the line of comparative; between the times [standards] and age-groups.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 11:50:39 PM »
....Are you seriously trying to claim Chowder had subliminal messages? Seriously?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 12:00:39 AM »
It did: "go buy Katamari Damacy."

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 12:11:25 AM »
Chowder was hilarious.

"Would you give a free sample to a pretty lady?"
"Sure. Do you know one?"
*blank stare*

My cartoon loving friends told me it became horrible after the first season but I never had a chance to see the rest of the series, and any reruns that air are always season 1, so I just have to take their word for it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 12:28:44 AM »
....Are you seriously trying to claim Chowder had subliminal messages? Seriously?

I know I have, for sure on some episode where the characters were rolling in some kind of purple ball rolling down a street and later on in that episode, a girl said to her boyfriend "let's go inside" and I swear that they were going to do it with that situation. It's been about two and a half years since I saw this episode, so it may be two separate episodes.

Ben Ten, also a fellatio comment in it that my brother noticed and brought to all of our attention, which was somewhat awkward hearing, not only that, but our mailman was also right outside of our house at the time when he repeated what was said in the cartoon.

I'm not making any of these up and I'm willing to swear on that.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 08:11:04 AM »
You're referring to the ice cream cone thing, right? Yeah, the things they "get away" with on kid's channels...

Anyway, I don't regularly watch TV very much. I mean, I guess I pop in for the 8-9 (my time) Comedy Central block most of the time, and that's about it. I usually just catch reruns of The Office, Seinfeld, and Spongebob.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jman

• Score
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 12:09:47 PM »
Yes, I'll admit that Cartoon Network is a shade of its former glory.  But:

-iCarly (no "e") is on Nickelodeon, which is much worse off these days.
-There are a couple of decent shows on the channel even now.  Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Young Justice aren't half-bad.  Apparently Adventure Time is pretty good, and while I can't say it's ever looked that great to me, people I know who have enjoyed it generally seem to have good taste in other areas.

I really enjoy Adventure Time.  My friend came over one day and said that I had to watch it.  So I did, and it was hilarious.  It certainly doesn't hurt that one of my favorite voice actresses (Hynden Walch, voice of Nia in Gurren Lagann) is in this show. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 03:15:28 PM »
The only show I consistently follow is Superjail! and the second season hasn't arrived yet.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »
Lost ended, Flash Forward was cancelled after one season, there's only about 14 episodes of The X-Files that I haven't watched, so I guess the only television show I really watch is Fringe.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 11:42:45 PM »
I know I have, for sure on some episode where the characters were rolling in some kind of purple ball rolling down a street and later on in that episode, a girl said to her boyfriend "let's go inside" and I swear that they were going to do it with that situation. It's been about two and a half years since I saw this episode, so it may be two separate episodes.

Ben Ten, also a fellatio comment in it that my brother noticed and brought to all of our attention, which was somewhat awkward hearing, not only that, but our mailman was also right outside of our house at the time when he repeated what was said in the cartoon.

I'm not making any of these up and I'm willing to swear on that.

Those aren't "subliminal messages", dumb***. Those are double-entendres. They've been doing that for years in kids shows.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »
I forget, has it ever been proven that subliminal messages even exist, or at least ones that "work"?

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 04:08:09 AM »
I've heard that movie theatres used to insert single frames depicting Coke or popcorn in their film reels, but... yeah.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 08:48:40 AM »
My favorite new show is Harry's Law. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 09:36:40 AM »
I've heard that movie theatres used to insert single frames depicting Coke or popcorn in their film reels, but... yeah.
What you've heard was an isolated incident at a particular theater, and the guy who originally claimed to perform the experiment eventually confessed that he made it up.

...And if not? Well, there's a lot more important conspiracies out there to worry about.

Print