Print

Author Topic: FRIDAY  (Read 42662 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »
I'm much more partial to the day that follows.

Wish I didn't lose my album of that all those years ago.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Who the hell's driving the car? She's thirteen. Either someone about thirteen is driving, or there's a kid mixed in there who's at least seventeen. Is the seventeen-year-old hanging out with a bunch of thirteen-year-olds, or is she a thirteen-year-old hanging out with a bunch of seventeen-year-olds? I'm not sure which is less weird.

Great observation. 
Now you've gotme feeling sad for her. You also got me thinking that I really shouldn't be "hanging out" here either.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »
Why did she go to a bus stop and have to catch her bus if she was going to ride in her friend's car? If she had her mind set on going somewhere on a bus, why is it suddenly no longer important? She doesn't have to make up her mind between going with her friends or going where she was supposed to be going (school, presumably), she just has to make up her mind between sitting in the front or the back. Except there's not an empty seat in the front anyway. Why isn't the girl on her left her friend? And why is there a totally different set of people in the car twelve hours and forty-five minutes later? Why is she the only person still in the car from that morning? Even the driver isn't the same, even though it's the same car. What the hell happened during the course of the day? Why does she say "sittin' in the back seat" when everyone in the back seat is standing? And why is everybody Russian?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 09:44:23 PM »
As bad as "Friday" may be, at least it doesn't star a sixteen-year-old hooker who goes only by her first name.

I still love how Fat Usher insists on inserting himself (pardon the pun) into every single video.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 10:03:09 PM »
Sixteen? you sure?

...who wants to listen to a song like that anyway? I can't stop thinking about you. About how much you SUCK!

There weren't even any Russians in that one

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »
What's up with that face in the back window of Fat Usher's car?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 06:45:18 AM »
I don't feel comfortable with how closely you're analyzing this, CrossEyed.

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 11:30:58 AM »
She isn't human.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

CrossEyed7

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »
Why is only the one on the right her friend? I'd be willing to overlook it if it was for a rhyme, but it doesn't rhyme with anything. In fact, there literally are no rhymes in the entire song other than rhyming "seat" with "seat" in the bridge and "Friday" with "Friday" in the chorus.

I guess technically "I got this you got this" rhymes with "You know what it is" in the second verse.

Even Fat Usher doesn't have any rhymes. Why doesn't the rapper put together any rhyming words. The closest he comes is "In the front seat, in the back seat" and "Fast lane, switchin' lanes", two lines which only rhyme with themselves because they repeat the same noun twice with different adjectives in such a way that each line contradicts itself.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:09:07 PM by CrossEyed7 »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 12:16:02 PM »
And "fun" with "fun fun fun."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 01:11:31 PM »
I love how this one starts with Fat Usher saying "Yeah, another one!"

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 06:25:29 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »
You also got me thinking that I really shouldn't be "hanging out" here either.
Well, at least you haven't ridden in cars with— OH SNAP!

I still love how Fat Usher insists on inserting himself (pardon the pun) into every single video.
What pun?

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 03:37:57 AM »
She's almost as bad as Fergie. Almost.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print